• Senior Developer
2 hours ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

I can attest to Ageis scrapping fetish. About a month ago they tried for like 30 minutes to chop my hunter which pissed me off so much lol. I take it personal. I even messaged @ codeYeTi  since I didn’t know it was him at the time “ do you need the money that bad bro? “…. Lol. So yeah. It’s legit. It’s just …. Hate it when they steal my hunters!

Hey I'm not in Aegis! Don't associate me with those staff gear abusers :kappa:

• Haha 2

Whether it's right or wrong, with the amount of drama caused by having active Admins in gangs, is it not best to follow what a lot of servers across a lot of other games do and have it so that Admins can't be part of groups/gangs? These threads happen frequently and in-game, lots of people talk about it. In terms of server longevity, you don't want people put off by perceiving certain in-game interactions this way and then having their perception confirmed, rightly or wrongly, when reading this shit all the time or vice versa. 

Even if we all believe what is spouted by the powers that be and decide that there's no outright abuse and there's no obvious bias, I've taken enough bullshit diversity and inclusion sessions in the past to know that unconscious bias is a thing.

Alternatively, we could have an Admin in every gang and we can all abuse and then band together to defend and deny it on the forums. 

17 minutes ago, Rufus said:

Whether it's right or wrong, with the amount of drama caused by having active Admins in gangs, is it not best to follow what a lot of servers across a lot of other games do and have it so that Admins can't be part of groups/gangs?

Admins and moderators deserve to play with their non-admin friends too. They hold each other accountable against corruption as shown numerous times throughout the thread. Forcing the volunteer admins and moderators to not be able to have fun in the game leads to inattentive admins and mods.

1 hour ago, nman said:

Admins and moderators deserve to play with their non-admin friends too. They hold each other accountable against corruption as shown numerous times throughout the thread. Forcing the volunteer admins and moderators to not be able to have fun in the game leads to inattentive admins and mods.

Ultimately, it's a choice to pursue those positions - the responsibility is not thrust upon people. You can't negate the acts of, or conspiracy of nepotism, without making changes. These threads and allegations are commonplace and whether they're correct or not, it's understandable for people to think there's not smoke without fire. They may see a thread like this and notice that it's mainly the Admins mentioned and people from their gangs arguing against other community members.

It's obvious from how popular and argued these threads are, people believe it's happening and this is only from the dedicated player base who are interactive enough to actively browse and post on the forums. There is another quite large group who don't actively use the forums but still hear this sentiment and feel it in-game and those are the players who are most likely to churn as they're not as ingrained in the community. Perception is as important as reality. 

My whole point, I guess, is that I believe that this is the best server available to play Altis Life and I'd like it to thrive - not die. There is obviously resentment in the community and if solving that means we may have less attentive Admins or an increase in time for a ticket to be resolved etc, maybe that's a trade off the community would take. I'd like to think that there are members of the community who would take on that responsibility to help the server thrive regardless. Not forgetting that there are other factions staff can play.

2 hours ago, nman said:

Some.  But there should be protections in play to prevent it from becoming an issue.   

They desperately try to discredit one thing, which they fail to do, and then declare victory.

WHY DOES AEGIS HAVE KEYS TO STAFF GEAR HOUSES WITH INFINITE GEAR?

Also, I still have a loooot of evidence to pull up, and I'm off for the weekend.  This thread is far from dead.

I love how almost everyone who aren't in those two gangs are agreeing with all of this, but those two gangs are so zergy and massive they still outnumber with downvotes.

The very simple fact of the matter is, if @ monster pulled out his phone and stream recorded his monitor from the moment he turns his pc on, to the moment a conquest finishes... he would either be caught scripting, or it would be his worst conquest kd in years.

He wouldn't though.  "Sorry guys, I spilled nail polish on my phone camera."

• Like 1
  • Clown 1
9 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

The very simple fact of the matter is, if @ monster pulled out his phone and stream recorded his monitor from the moment he turns his pc on, to the moment a conquest finishes... he would either be caught scripting, or it would be his worst conquest kd in years.

He wouldn't though.  "Sorry guys, I spilled nail polish on my phone camera."

I'm not disagreeing that their are plenty of kids spinning on Conquest, but I personally am not sure about @ monster  I don't believe he is.

Just now, Chunk said:

I'm not disagreeing that their are plenty of kids spinning on Conquest, but I personally am not sure about @ monster  I don't believe he is.

She has logged onto conquest max 2 times, I'm not really sure her opinion on who is cheating and how people would do in conquest is relevant.

• Like 1
  • Head Admin
On 5/17/2023 at 11:48 PM, fat female arma 3 player said:

Clearly ur newgen. Cyruses haven been given away more then once.

There are only 2 legit ones.  I gave one away and @ Ryan gave one away.

I do ocasionally give one to Mako cause sometimes he is just a good boy and deserves all the belly rubs.

Only read the first page casue anyone who falls for a trigger video deserves it ^_^

19 hours ago, Rufus said:

Whether it's right or wrong, with the amount of drama caused by having active Admins in gangs, is it not best to follow what a lot of servers across a lot of other games do and have it so that Admins can't be part of groups/gangs? These threads happen frequently and in-game, lots of people talk about it. In terms of server longevity, you don't want people put off by perceiving certain in-game interactions this way and then having their perception confirmed, rightly or wrongly, when reading this shit all the time or vice versa. 

Even if we all believe what is spouted by the powers that be and decide that there's no outright abuse and there's no obvious bias, I've taken enough bullshit diversity and inclusion sessions in the past to know that unconscious bias is a thing.

Alternatively, we could have an Admin in every gang and we can all abuse and then band together to defend and deny it on the forums. 

Being in a gang is a moot point.  Before we allowed staff to be in gangs we just played with the same people just without a gang tag in our name.  Going back to that would lead to the exact same issues.

8 hours ago, Mudiwa said:

Staff on top 

PVP is easy when u spawn stuff in! 

Even easier when you literally cannot die ^_^

• Love 1
5 hours ago, monster said:

She has logged onto conquest max 2 times, I'm not really sure her opinion on who is cheating and how people would do in conquest is relevant.

You are correct.  When it comes to aimbotting and things of that nature I'm not an expert.  My opinion doesn't matter.  I leave that to experts like the people who wrote the software that caught your hacks and permed you for scripting.

5 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Being in a gang is a moot point.  Before we allowed staff to be in gangs we just played with the same people just without a gang tag in our name.  Going back to that would lead to the exact same issues.

Honestly kind of a good point.  At least now we can see who's bias to whom. 

5 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Only read the first page casue anyone who falls for a trigger video deserves it ^_^

I'm a firm believer that someone can troll and bring attention to important things at the same time.  

@ Grandma Gary   Do you believe nonstaff should have keys to staff houses that contain stupid amounts of staff spawned in gear?

11 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

There are only 2 legit ones.  I gave one away and @ Ryan gave one away.

I thought there was 3 or 4? not just 2? I know i have one of them at least 🤷‍♂️