Remove YouTube's new paywalls

• Developer II

I've noticed as of recently YouTube has been staggering out anti-adblocker notices and paywalls. The majority of people do not have these notices at all so I imagine they are doing it through certain IP ranges or something so they can avoid mass whining and a PR problem for their consumeristic money milking. The way it goes is it starts with a popup dialogue like this which forces you to wait before watching your video but still allows you to proceed with your current adBlock extension as normal. Then two-ish weeks later you will recieve this paywall exclusively for every video you attempt to watch without YouTube premium, which not quite all of us feel like paying for the services. That being said I've created a little guide on how to block these pesky little paywalls that YouTube has recently so forcefully shoved in my face.

I've found that extensions like AdBlock — best ad blocker that are more popular tend to actually sell out to advertisers as an exchange for an intentionally neglected blacklist. Although each AdBlocker has their own set of quirks, the current extension I have been using to block these ads has been uOrigin. They are open source and do not sell out like most others have I have tried and was previously using back when I recieved these pesky messages. Although I think uOrigin blocks YouTube paywalls automatically now, here is a filter I used to previously use to block the specific elements:

youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)

Paywalls can kick rocks :).

• Like 8
  • BlessUp 4
  • Senior Web Developer

ublock origin is working fine for me, haven't seen them at all. I also didn't have to add any custom filters, I am also running a much much much older version probably 😄

• Like 1
  • +1 1
1 hour ago, batGooseCan said:

dont u waste enough of ur time already 

who are you?

Keep installing ur gay little ad blockers 

Edited by hawkg
  • STFU 1
1 hour ago, hawkg said:

who are you?

Keep installing ur gay little ad blockers 

First off, that's Milo...the guy who drove jpostman off the server.  He's a national treasure.

Second off, what kind of siding got you siding with YouTube ad revenue?  How did you get to that?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, hawkg said:

patience is a virtue imagine going through all that trouble because of 2 15 second adds

So you would rather waste possibly 10-15 minutes a day on watching ads (depending on how much content you watch) rather than just spending 5 minutes one time to setup an adblocker? That just seems moronic.

Edited by Frato
  • Like 1
  • BlessUp 1
38 minutes ago, Frato said:

So you would rather waste possibly 10-15 minutes a day on watching ads (depending on how much content you watch) rather than just spending 5 minutes one time to setup an adblocker? That just seems moronic.

Especially considering 90% of youtube ads aren't even legitimate and just end up being ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, nft pump and dumps, or outright scams.  

Honestly, the moment youtube started their demonitization wave, they can eat dicks.

3 hours ago, Claysive said:

The irony here is that I can't even view previous messages on the stats page without paying for Oly+. 

@ Milo   Some oly+ scripts for the forums would be cool next.   

• Like 2
8 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

First off, that's Milo...the guy who drove jpostman off the server.  He's a national treasure.

Second off, what kind of siding got you siding with YouTube ad revenue?  How did you get to that?

Hey don’t inflate @ Milo ego more

10 minutes ago, knifemaster said:

Hey don’t inflate @ Milo ego more

Number of times you got Jpostman to quit the server:  0

Number of times @ Milo  got Jpostman to quit the server:  1

I mean... I like you knife, but you're no postman slayer level deity.  

Just now, The Sovereign said:

Number of times you got Jpostman to quit the server:  0

Number of times @ Milo  got Jpostman to quit the server:  1

I mean... I like you knife, but you're no postman slayer level deity.  

That may be correct, but if his ego gets any bigger it’ll go nuclear. Eventually he’ll join aegis as well 😂

38 minutes ago, knifemaster said:

That may be correct, but if his ego gets any bigger it’ll go nuclear. Eventually he’ll join aegis as well 😂

Guy was Silla and became staff.  He's basically capable of anything. 

I VPN'd to Turkiye and bought YouTube Premium and I pay £0.98 ($1.20 + any foreign transaction fees) per month so I get ad-free across all my devices (inc. TV) as well as the creators I watch getting a significantly larger amount of money for my view, and getting more features.

Also in your post you should change each instance of just the word "uBlock" to "uBlock Origin" as there's malware about masquerading as uBlock Origin under the name "uBlock". Olympus is full of idiots and might accidentally download the malicious file.

On 10/16/2023 at 2:34 PM, Milo said:

I've noticed as of recently YouTube has been staggering out anti-adblocker notices and paywalls. The majority of people do not have these notices at all so I imagine they are doing it through certain IP ranges or something so they can avoid mass whining and a PR problem for their consumeristic money milking. The way it goes is it starts with a popup dialogue like this which forces you to wait before watching your video but still allows you to proceed with your current adBlock extension as normal. Then two-ish weeks later you will recieve this paywall exclusively for every video you attempt to watch without YouTube premium, which not quite all of us feel like paying for the services. That being said I've created a little guide on how to block these pesky little paywalls that YouTube has recently so forcefully shoved in my face.

I've found that extensions like AdBlock — best ad blocker that are more popular tend to actually sell out to advertisers as an exchange for an intentionally neglected blacklist. Although each AdBlocker has their own set of quirks, the current extension I have been using to block these ads has been uOrigin. They are open source and do not sell out like most others have I have tried and was previously using back when I recieved these pesky messages. Although I think uOrigin blocks YouTube paywalls automatically now, here is a filter I used to previously use to block the specific elements:

youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)

Paywalls can kick rocks :).

dude i actually love you

• Like 1