STATUS UPDATE ON GANG ENGAGEMENT CLARIFICATION

hey guys @ Rexo is here live changing engagement in game did you know if you play with this admin you can help rexo make new rules for the server and I quote ''engagement is based off a 5 min drive'' so this being said if I shoot a ''cob member'' in sofia and make it to air hq where 8 of these ''cob members" are I can now proceed to hammer fuck all of them happy hunting

https://imgur.com/a/n8euBXo

The 1 minute drive in question is about 2.7km away. To tagged gangmates not in the same situation, or even responding to the area where the initial engagement took place. So a 5 minute drive will get me about 13km distance. So for future reference please be aware of this update @ Bubbaloo Burrito  @ Dante  @ David Miller

• Haha 1
  • PogChamp 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, silton said:

Rules used to say 1.5km they got rid of it. If you're engaged distance doesn't matter. Thats how its written. 

Thats how ive always used engagement with no issues

• Like 2
  • Admin

David’s answer in the post that originally brought this up. A screenshot on a post of chat doesn’t specify how the situation went. If I’m fighting a gang in Kavala that doesn’t give my gang mates and their gang mates in Sophia right to randomly shoot each other. But if I’m in Kavala fighting a guy and he runs and then I drive to neo thinking he went that way and run into his gang mates within 5 minutes, it’s valid because it’s all part of the same general situation. There’s no “one size fits all” answer in terms of locations and engagement. 

5 minutes ago, Moonini said:

@ Dante clarify 

On 9/11/2023 at 4:54 PM, David Miller said:

it's hard to quantify this kind of rule, but it is easy to spot when you see it.  If a player is making an honest attempt to engage correctly, that player is going to be OK 99.999999% of the time. If a player is trying to push the envelope of what is acceptable and find the limits of the rules, sometimes they will get away with it and sometimes they won't. 

• Like 3
  • Kreygasm 1

Yeah its basically if you were part of the initial engagement it carries on regardless of distances unless it gets exceptional.  Kind of been like this a long while. 

Honestly, this and a lot of 'rule changes' are very poorly communicated and end up existing only in people's headcanon/personal experience.  This is a standing rule, it's just the change was communicated terribly. 

32 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

Yeah its basically if you were part of the initial engagement it carries on regardless of distances unless it gets exceptional.  Kind of been like this a long while. 

Honestly, this and a lot of 'rule changes' are very poorly communicated and end up existing only in people's headcanon/personal experience.  This is a standing rule, it's just the change was communicated terribly. 

Understandable but considering “rest of gang” was almost 3km away and the only person part of the initial engagement was dead i dont see how any of this applies

1 minute ago, Deshoku said:

Understandable but considering “rest of gang” was almost 3km away and the only person part of the initial engagement was dead i dont see how any of this applies

I get the frustration, but the question I would be asking myself is how did a guy catch you 3km away within 5 mins.  Coincidence, your team was making obvious plays, or.... someone's ratting.

1 hour ago, The Sovereign said:

I get the frustration, but the question I would be asking myself is how did a guy catch you 3km away within 5 mins.  Coincidence, your team was making obvious plays, or.... someone's ratting.

Yea someone was ratting 3km away from an engagement because he was trying to get pc on our houses as a civ since he failed on apd 🙂

Edited by Deshoku
Just now, Deshoku said:

Yea someone was ratting 3km away from an engagement because he was trying to get pc on our houses as a civ since he failed on apd 🙂

What an allegation.  Perhaps an IR is in order... a tongue lashing from a superior officer ought to set the chap straight.

I don't know the metric the current staff uses, but there was never a set distance or anything in regards to engagement. It was just being reasonable about the location that engagements take place. If someone (or a gang) engages someone (or a gang) in Kavala Square, all of each gang/individual is engaged to each other in and the area around Kavala Square - it doesn't extend to Vigilante outpost or Weed processor. If the two engaged parties both move towards those directions, and they end up at those locations then, fair enough the engagement has moved. If gang 'A' engages gang 'B' in Kavala square, that also doesn't mean gang 'A' can run over to the air garage, hop in a helicopter and fly to copper mine (and gang 'B' is not chasing or anything) where an unsuspecting member of gang 'B' is mining copper and yeet the dude mining copper within the original 5 minutes of the engagement in Kavala Square. The engagement hasn't necessarily moved - that's not fair to the dude mining copper.

The rules are intended to be fair, take a moment to think about what is fair and use common sense, however, common sense may not be so common.

• Chief of Furry Police
2 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Ill say very obvious plays. Dont want to say where it all went down to blow their "operation" but not hard to connect the dots

13 minutes ago, Rexo said:

Ill say very obvious plays. Dont want to say where it all went down to blow their "operation" but not hard to connect the dots

when you have admins that say that there best understanding is 1km and you have another admin that says its a 5 min drive its a bit annoying make a underlined rule for engagement theres no reason it should be a 5 min drive you know how far i person can get in a full upgraded hatchback sport?

1 hour ago, Rexo said:

Standing still in town not reacting to the death of a grouped member is obvious plays 🙂

18 hours ago, Dante said:

Like rooting for the Florida Panthers. Prime example of a lack of common sense 

😞 Let's see the geriatric care facility a.k.a. "The Pittsburgh Penguins" make a Stanley Cup Final this season!