Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

The State of Federal Events, As Seen From a Jr. APD Member

I’m a fellow Jr. APD officer and I mostly agree with this. Everytime i’m playing and see a fed or bw it makes me want to log off. They’re only fun or winnable when Sr. APD mass logs and spams armor. There’s been numerous feds i’ve participated in with just Jr. APD and we get slaughtered. I think the idea of having a rank in between PO and Corp with the only difference being access to lethals during federal events is smart. Now obviously not everyone should receive this rank but it’d be better than having the occasional 1 or 2 corporals during an all Jr. fed. 

• Like 2
  • Admin

Buffing runs as discussed here would result in a better more diverse experience for APD. If civs have more incentives to do runs then there can be bigger more fun fights at dealers/Processors/ and gathering locations. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Arven said:

I’m a fellow Jr. APD officer and I mostly agree with this. Everytime i’m playing and see a fed or bw it makes me want to log off. They’re only fun or winnable when Sr. APD mass logs and spams armor. There’s been numerous feds i’ve participated in with just Jr. APD and we get slaughtered. I think the idea of having a rank in between PO and Corp with the only difference being access to lethals during federal events is smart. Now obviously not everyone should receive this rank but it’d be better than having the occasional 1 or 2 corporals during an all Jr. fed. 

The jump from po to corporal is pretty big having access to lethals and better weapons even vehicles. Having another rank in between just wouldn’t be an option. Pushing for better weapons for federal events and even using t3 is also hard as you guys now have the CMR which is fucking nuts 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Clashingtin said:

as you guys now have the CMR which is fucking nuts 

We can (and should) change that 🙂 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Noble said:

Buffing runs as discussed here would result in a better more diverse experience for APD. If civs have more incentives to do runs then there can be bigger more fun fights at dealers/Processors/ and gathering locations. 

Would be all fun and games until sAPD then starts patrolling in ghawks everywhere again due to "high gang activity" and "HVT Vehicles" doing runs ^-^

• Like 2
1 hour ago, thomp62 said:

I propose we add some rank in between Patrol Officer and Corporal, where they are able to use lethals in federal events, and ONLY federal events

This is practically already a thing because for about 80% of your Data there was a Active Senior on who could and usually would authorize deemed necessary. I get there still is the remaining time where a Active senior doesn't log on, but rare occasion. 

1 hour ago, thomp62 said:

After the 5th, lethals can be loaded for Jr APD.)

This also is practically already a thing, because a corporal cannot authorize JR's lethal's unless their are 10 or less on with 10 minutes left on bomb and 9/10 times there will be more than 5 waves under our belt by then. Not to mention a Active Senior is not going to authorize JR's lethals until this point anyway unless the situation is blown way out of Proportion civ sided.

I totally agree with you and I am all for JR's having a better experience. I myself am not a Senior and see where you're coming from completely, but unfortunately I don't think your suggestions listed about the lethal's are going to resolve the issue at hand, and it needs to be investigated deeper as a community on ways we can resolve this. Which is exactly the purpose of this post so +1 for bringing the community together to reflect.

• Like 3
  • +1 2
  • Admin
6 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

Would be all fun and games until sAPD then starts patrolling in ghawks everywhere again due to "high gang activity" and "HVT Vehicles" doing runs ^-^

Then just keep them in check, or hell if there are big enough runs go for it

TLDR; half the changes benefit civs the other half the APD, only changes that would pass are the civ sided, and this spreadsheet is no where near the full list, I would ask that @ SPBojo @ Zahzi  post the stats from march regarding the entire server.

• Like 3
  • Carrot Kid
26 minutes ago, Orbit said:

TLDR; half the changes benefit civs the other half the APD, only changes that would pass are the civ sided, and this spreadsheet is no where near the full list, I would ask that @ SPBojo @ Zahzi  post the stats from march regarding the entire server.

Can't wait for misinterpretation & cancer, enjoy!

UqDp2d0f_1712773574.png

* combined rate is detonation rate (detonated/started) * sell rate (sold/spawned) and used as the primary measure of "win rate", we typically aim to target ~37.5%ish (assuming attempt volume is adequate, along with a few other factors).

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Orbit said:

See Zahzi's reply and as he stated, cant wait for misinterpretation & cancer 😅

As for "only civ sided things would pass", you can thank your local sAPD for cancering yall and close to never suggesting any buffs to junior APD outside of "nuclear" things that would completely ruin balance in all way shapes or forms ^-^

• Clown 1

Thank you @ Zahzi . When I was an active member of Aegis during the summer of 2023 so May through July we started increasing the amount of federal events done. The static rate dropped as everyone spaced out and burned out overtime; you can see the steady increase from late 2023 to early 2024 as we steadily increase in the combined rate. When I was in Federal Civ Council we had a dollar amount of gold sold and the exact amount of bombs blown etc on a spreadsheet shared each month. Id be curious to see the current dollar amounts and stats etc.

As for the entire countering from the APD, I will speak as a heavy head in the Federal events from the APD side currently. The skill level between the solid 24 aegis members who played in the last month and the entire JAPD is so different. I'd say a rough average of more then 50% of the JAPD have never done a Blackwater or Fed on the Civ Side; and if some have they most likely failed. We cannot change the knowledge of the APD and what they soak in is based on what they deal with. At the end of the day me and majority of the APD as a whole want to WIN. That's the goal in the APD against the civs. In order to win we have to be able to push and make progress; if the JAPD does not understand how to push it makes it impossible to fight. Armor is necessary to push when the gear is at the level it is, the liquid money Aegis has backing them, and once again the skill gap. Lethals are needed when situations are outnumbered and progress is not made. Medics increase the productivity of the Civs and decrease progress from the APD; this is also a reason in which lethals are authed more often. 
I can assure from the seniors I speak to daily they have no intentions on making the fight aids; only to balance the fight at hand. 

Federal events are not meant to be easy, back in 2020 the APD was a hammer on nails, they would beat down every event, the win rate was very low, and the fights were tough. In no way should it be changed from then to now, only that civs have grown to learn new strats and abuse new features. The APD and the win rate recently is a reflection of overall handling of a whole situation and NOT select APD members. 

At the end of the day I do not have the privilege to sit in on the sAPD round table and I'm genuinely curious as into what happens during them in regards to the stats and how they approach handling future events. I believe the force that is pushed is beyond balanced and at the end of the day its not always going to be black and white. Things happen and every situation is different.    

• Like 5
  • Monkey 1
3 minutes ago, Orbit said:

I can assure from the seniors I speak to daily they have no intentions on making the fight aids; only to balance the fight at hand. 

greenhairbil-sus-dog.gif

right so 7 ghosthawks a wave is "balancing" the fight and not making it unbearably aids for civs?

• Like 2
  • +1 2
  • Skull 2
1 minute ago, monster said:

right so 7 ghosthawks a wave is "balancing" the fight and not making it unbearably aids for civs?

There was 14 titans on the floor in rebel last night when we raided after you have titaned 2 planes, three hawks, and were still attempting to shoot down more. We brought three hawks, one to fight the hawk you had, and two for the 4 titans you had on ground. Blackwaters are not meant to be easy and with the gear you had three hawks in the air after leaving BW and being multiple hawks lost seems plenty fair. You also had a rebel with NO NLR and respawns. 

24 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

As for "only civ sided things would pass", you can thank your local sAPD for cancering yall and close to never suggesting any buffs to junior APD outside of "nuclear" things that would completely ruin balance in all way shapes or forms ^-^

Again its all hidden info, nothing they propose is public, and we are not sitting in on meetings regarding it.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Orbit said:

Again its all hidden info, nothing they propose is public, and we are not sitting in on meetings regarding it.

Everything they actually propose to change and bring to roundtables is not hidden 🙂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SPBojo said:

Everything they actually propose to change and bring to roundtables is not hidden 🙂

There has not been a roundtable post for three months. I'm talking recently due to the active state of events. 

Speaking on the last roundtable posted, the changes regarding feds were directly related to FTO's including .9mm sups and .45mm sups at feds..

6 minutes ago, Orbit said:

There was 14 titans on the floor in rebel last night when we raided after you have titaned 2 planes, three hawks, and were still attempting to shoot down more. We brought three hawks, one to fight the hawk you had, and two for the 4 titans you had on ground. Blackwaters are not meant to be easy and with the gear you had three hawks in the air after leaving BW and being multiple hawks lost seems plenty fair. You also had a rebel with NO NLR and respawns. 

I think you forget we have to buy gear in response to what you bring to us, we've had sAPD members tell us they want to make it impossible for us which in turn means we need to start using RPGs + Zafs + Granit T5 every single loadout. The argument stems a lot deeper than just oh well Aegis win. If the normal response (Aegis are the only current ppl who do feds and BWs a lot) is bringing this amount of air vehicles and armour what happens to other gangs like TP who dont usually carry this amount of gear? Is it just going to happen and they have to accept it?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Orbit said:

There has not been a roundtable post for three months. I'm talking recently due to the active state of events. 

I mean, proportionality has been a issue for ages, even back 3 months ago there was rampant federal events being done and yet no suggested changes from sAPD.

November, December + January fed stats:
  (Planted - Defused - Bomb Blown)
f05d2KQ.png

1 minute ago, ben- said:

I think you forget we have to buy gear in response to what you bring to us, we've had sAPD members tell us they want to make it impossible for us which in turn means we need to start using RPGs + Zafs + Granit T5 every single loadout. The argument stems a lot deeper than just oh well Aegis win. If the normal response (Aegis are the only current ppl who do feds and BWs a lot) is bringing this amount of air vehicles and armour what happens to other gangs like TP who dont usually carry this amount of gear? Is it just going to happen and they have to accept it?

Whoever the sAPD member was that said this I'm curious about. The less gear you use, the less explosives used, and the less cancer strats abused, all relate to the force responded with, If you had no gear and it was possible to slam without 150 round belts slammed into hatchbacks with zafs then there would be hardly any reason to pull armor to run around and do crazy shit. Armor would then be used halfway through to attempt a defuse like its always been used for. The response is all based on the skill, gear, and numbers. I cannont speak for those calling the shots because thats not me.

3 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

I mean, proportionality has been a issue for ages, even back 3 months ago there was rampant federal events being done and yet no suggested changes from sAPD.

Not much I can do as a JAPD member, if they let me sit in and propose, then they would have to let everyone.

Even if my proposed solutions are not viable, I’m hoping that this post will spark debate and more community ideas for how to make feds fairer for all sides.