The State of Federal Events, As Seen From a Jr. APD Member

2 hours ago, Community Director Sov said:

Could just rebalance it by banning everyone who keeps kit copies in a telos house and breaks nlr to come back.

Even if someone submits a 20 minute video chances are slim to none that an admin is going to watch it.

Have staff just watch for it.  It's crazy easy for them to check nlr stacks.  I was like, half joking tho.   It is an absolutely rampant rule break that is insanely common tho.  Sneak attacking it would bring some balance to it.  People don't even need medics anymore once they get telos houses, and they all do it.  20 sets of the same outfit.

Also... if you're going to hold some players back from a fed, don't have them clearing black markets.  Have them watching telos houses during feds for probable cause cause certain people like to roach it with suppressed mar10s from there *cough co @ monster  ugh** and rendering that town to a state less than a 1.2 million dollar investment forever "I win" button is the smart play. 

• Like 1

Wave rule makes it less fun though tbh.  I think maybe instead of thinking how much gear and vehicles apd can pull, just change the mechanics up.  I could think of 1000 ideas to make it spicier without having to just render it nerfed to death.  Think outside the box.

If APD lose rate is too high, give them options.  Wave rule is fucking stupid.  I get why it exists, but it's so easy to be taken advantage of, and leaves every every APD member either desperately afraid to die, or intentionally trying to die, which isn't really a fight for them.  I'm not saying abolish wave rule, nor am I saying I know some solution to fix it or improve it, just that if anyone has any better ideas... 

*For Example*
Add a flag pole similar to cartels a slight distance away from the fed in a slightly defensible position that APD can capture during active feds that allow them to spawn in closer, and able to ignore wave rule.  Capture can only be authorized if prosecuting group outnumbers apd by 3 players or more.  Can be cleared by civs. 

This would force civs to split to also have to hold a second position giving the APD additional target options, and make it all less dome straty.

1 hour ago, CaloomClark said:

7v7 blackwater with a medic vs 2 deps, 2 PO’s a sgt and an Lt.

B3S5D9j.png VS law0cDN.png

No medic ✅

No Zafir / MK200 ✅

No armor stacking ✅

No roaming ifrits / armored vehicles ✅

1 RPG where 1 rocket was fired (didn't kill anyone and was same wave as we lost) (Thanks @ Toretto ...) ✅

Messaged APD informing them of our numbers and wishing them good luck https://imgur.com/a/3HwDiEu ✅

t5BVanE.png

• Like 4
  • DEMON TIME 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

No medic ✅

No Zafir / MK200 ✅

No armor stacking ✅

1 RPG where 1 rocket was fired (didn't kill anyone and was same wave as we lost) (Thanks @ Toretto ...) ✅

Messaged APD informing them of our numbers and wishing them good luck https://imgur.com/a/3HwDiEu ✅

don't get me wrong a full 18 would have been a tad much but 4-5 were finishing something else and never waved in

• Haha 2
  • Hmm 3
  • Monkey 1
3 minutes ago, Dr.Dream said:

don't get me wrong a full 18 would have been a tad much but 4-5 were finishing something else and never waved in

that'll happen when your channel scouting on civ into a cop channel 💀

show pov fighting 18 in the fed waves

• Head Admin

My APD loadout consists of a t5 vest and black granites with the master race Spar 17.  I got a single kill in the 4 waves of a BW I took part in and multiple Aegis started crying about how OP I was.

feltgood.jpg.gif

#fuckaegis

• Like 3
  • BlessUp 1
  • +1 1
  • Haha 7
2 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

My APD loadout consists of a t5 vest and black granites with the master race Spar 17.  I got a single kill in the 4 waves of a BW I took part in and multiple Aegis started crying about how OP I was.

feltgood.jpg.gif

#fuckaegis

i had to shoot you 30 times just to trade you tanky fkr.

3 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

feltgood.jpg.gif

#fuckaegis

eat 7 shots to the chest. walks away 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

No medic ✅

No Zafir / MK200 ✅

No armor stacking ✅

t5BVanE.png

damn you messaged the APD and they still stacked 2x more thats a problem

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, thomp62 said:

damn you messaged the APD and they still stacked 2x more thats a problem

They had 6 lethals, the channel was locked, and 85% of those juniors are not by any means "top fraggers". I doubt mass armor was used and I can almost guarantee that lethals were NOT authed. Again its an EVENT; at that its the hardest event on the server. No reason it should be a walk in the park.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Orbit said:

They had 6 lethals, the channel was locked, and 85% of those juniors are not by any means "top fraggers". I doubt mass armor was used and I can almost guarantee that lethals were NOT authed. Again its an EVENT; at that its the hardest event on the server. No reason it should be a walk in the park.

Thats understandable. APD still won in the end and they didnt mass wave armor im sure. I think this is a good step in the right direction.

Just now, thomp62 said:

Thats understandable. APD still won in the end and they didnt mass wave armor im sure. I think this is a good step in the right direction.

At the end of the day there is no reason to drag out half the pos and deputys and give them a free event just because a few tases is inconvenient. I wish I could have sat in on the event but its certainly a better route. What Aegis brings to the table the APD SHOULD match; now all cases are not the same and it depends on the seniors at hand.  

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

No medic ✅

No Zafir / MK200 ✅

No armor stacking ✅

t5BVanE.png

Remove proportional response. Both sides should play to win at all times easier to balance that way.

Can't pick isolated incidents to show your side when there's plenty of these.

e9f5c07ebd59ade976b9173809c6f50b.png

V

bb8ef125ddc2f2f8480222d30b517312.png

(With stacked bw gear and medic.)

• Like 1
  • +1 4
3 minutes ago, silton said:

Remove proportional response. Both sides should play to win at all times easier to balance that way.

Can't pick isolated incidents to show your side when there's plenty of these.

e9f5c07ebd59ade976b9173809c6f50b.png

V

bb8ef125ddc2f2f8480222d30b517312.png

(With stacked bw gear and medic.)

really old screenshots here BUT I agree with the point. I'm sure if we screenshotted these recently we would find very similar scenarios to back up your point.

Its probably a good idea to continue updating the spreadsheet actually, to see if these changes we're making by ourselves are working or not

Or we can get a team of three people to start them over and over and run away for a week and corrupt the data so thoroughly that APD gets nerfed into the dirt.