Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

The State of Federal Events, As Seen From a Jr. APD Member

6 minutes ago, ben- said:

What I will say is the one you “won” thank you guys for actually making it not cancer for both sides. Everyone in the channel agreed cops did it fair and I think both sides can agree it was to the teeth the whole way until the end 🫡

I absolutely love fighting federal events where it's SUPER close on both sides lol

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DrB said:

Making Deputies run around with a sting is just evil😪

Cant give em much better as a lot of deputies still struggle with basic knowledge things for APD such as responding to a pharmaceutical code 3 + getting PO does not take long / isn't hard at all 😉

• Like 1
On 4/11/2024 at 8:16 PM, SPBojo said:

Messaged APD informing them of our numbers and wishing them good luck https://imgur.com/a/3HwDiEu ✅

Looks proportional since at least half of the people in that group cheat kekw

• Clown 3
39 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

Cant give em much better as a lot of deputies still struggle with basic knowledge things for APD such as responding to a pharmaceutical code 3 + getting PO does not take long / isn't hard at all 😉

Agreed, I saw we bring the deputy kit down to a po7 and sting only for feds (big joke not serious)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, knifemaster said:

Agreed, I saw we bring the deputy kit down to a po7 and sting only for feds (big joke not serious)

Wont look like a joke in the court transcripts, we will deliver what you have asked for :kappahd:

1 minute ago, Watermelon said:

I see no issues with this, sting go brrrrr

replace the sting with the vermin

Just now, SPBojo said:

Wont look like a joke in the court transcripts, we will deliver what you have asked for :kappahd:

Wait WAIT WAIT im just an FTO I have no say, don't do it please

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, SolomonN said:

Another lovely federal event today at the Blackwater Armoury!
Kaotic joined in the last 8 minutes so only 2 lethals up until then
1 person (alice) from the lovely aegisglm group is offscreen
kits had rpgs to counter the few hunters that were used💪
image.png?ex=662c178b&is=6619a28b&hm=d6d

image.png?ex=662c15a3&is=6619a0a3&hm=498

wait so 14v14 when you have infinite lives is unfair?

17 hours ago, knifemaster said:

Best BW experience 10/10 was a great fight the entire time. None of my expensive hunters got blown up  (MAY THEY REST IN PIECES)

Im sorry about the prob 100 hunters of urs ive blown up ❤️ ily knife

You took on two corporals and a single FTO but somehow you think fighting a bunch of PO's in your rebel gear is a fair fight since cops are able to respawn? Let's not forget the gear advantage Rebels have over PO's.

• Like 2

There is gear difference but it doesnt rly matter when as i said "you have infinite lives" they can try push in 10 different ways if one doesnt work just do something else. The fight itself is actually fair, the problem is people refuse to do anything but just slam in and die.

Trust me I'd rather have a single life with better gear and never have to go back after I've died. Respawning in waves hardly gives cops an advantage during Fed events. Now if the APD could respawn and wave rule didn't apply then I could start to see how respawning might give the APD a slight advantage. Let's not forget the rebels have their own human epipen running around.

The current way that feds are playing out is a asymmetrical. It should stay that way. But shouldn't be almost impossible to win a fed without sapd. Should be  possible but it feels like it isn't even if both sides numerically are even.

• Like 1

Apologies it has taken me a little while to write something on here, I haven’t really had the chance to look through this until now.

sharing my experience as SAPD, aswell as someone that has been junior APD not that long ago perhaps may shine some light onto it from our perspectives.

Feds and BWs have always and likely will always be a spot of contention and disagreement among the players that regularly do them aswell as the APD that are required to fight them.

To just plainly state, in my opinion there is a vast difference between a Fed composed with those that know what they are doing, ie. Your Aegis/TP/AP versus those that are more of a ragtag group of disorganised players. 

I won’t much comment on that more ragtag players that fights them as this has become incredibly rare and I haven’t seen one in many months.

When responding to Feds we as APD are required, and expected to respond proportionally. This is something that ultimately tends to lie in the seniors realm of responsibility and should be open for justification if asked. This should mean that ultimately if both sides of the player base were to combat a Fed APD response should be difference to combat the level of skill shown by the defending civs.

Things that we or I myself take into account when justifying a response are, time left on bombs, number of defenders, number of roaches, equipment being used, aswell as patterns of recent Feds completed by the same group.

We as SAPD know that responding to a fed is shit for juniors, and it can often feel like a grinder at times. We understand because we have been there. I can understand that having a senior or even an FTO present makes a huge difference to level of response and combat ability that juniors will have to a Fed and if there is neither of those on then the juniors response is very linear and I can assure you that many seniors if they see you fighting a fed will join in to support you. 

More on the topic of civilians, it has died down recently the number of Feds I personally am fighting; as I can remember a few weeks ago it was nonstop. We respond with higher numbers or potentially authorise lethals even when we outnumber you if we believe we are still at a significant disadvantage. That being a clear skill gap, the fact we are being slamming enforced positions with worse gear, and for the majority of it no armoured vehicles (ps the hunters are awful). 

It needs to be understood these are end game events, and should be successfully completed by gangs with high organisation and skills. Aegis have a clear monopoly with including some of the best players on the server, and so I understand that your group will fight Feds more often than not because that’s what you find fun. I personally believe we need more to be able to keep this a challenging fight for you guys, however this id required to be used proportionally. because ultimately the APD aren’t going to just ‘get good’ as we have a lot of newer players in the faction, and if you were to bring a rough 10 man, even with a senior on it is a huge likelihood you as civilians win. 

it is worth me saying by my suggestion of giving us more to combat this, it should 100% be monitored and the seniors or FTOs using more equipment should be required to justify the use of them.

That is my 10pence, once again apologies for not getting on here earlier. 

If anyone has any points or questions they want to raise then I’ll be on here monitoring it, and happy to answer or clarify things.

many thanks,

• Like 5
2 hours ago, DrB said:

For the time being I refuse to play beyond the 2 hour requirement. However, I'm looking forward to the APD’s potential under our new chief.

Cough… RnR on top

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Give a man a jetpack and he'll immediately consider himself above the APD.