Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked Fail RP ?

Today i had an ecounter with the gang NW.. I revived one of them and was told to put my hands up cause he needed his friends revived.. However he did not have any zipties but still tried to RP within reason to get me to walk into the redzone... LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT... I don't give a rats ass if it's fail RP of me to not obey that, i am not, at any circomstance gonna break medic rules, even when RP'ed... I am not gonna break Medic rules for anyone..

Have i made myself clear on that? 

No zipties, no hostage!

Edited by FluffyTEDDY
  • Like 2

So a guy puts a gun to your head to take you hostage in order to get his mates revived, but you don't go along with it because he's not got any zipties? Jesus H. Christ, man. I mean, I know the letter of the law states you need zipties to take a hostage, but for fuck's sake, give into their demands. He's got a fucking gun to your head. You're expected to RP every situation you get yourself into. You sound like a rookie when you go by the "if it's not in the handbook, then it is/is not thus and so" attitude. Gimme a break, man. 

• Like 3

You just sound like a dude who cries rules at this point. If you were actually interested in the rp you would of listened to what he said at that is the correct thing to do. You clearly didn't value your life one damn bit in the situation. Lastly the whole you need a ziptie to take a medic hostage is straight up retarded. Why would I restrain you when I'm just going to unrestrain you to revive someone?

• Like 2

i felt like saying what you both just said is what i wanted to say, but i would look like a dickhead leader. teddy whom ever it was please Pm mango when i am or was on apd i would sometimes do things like aren't rules worthy. but they were for the Rp and for someone who complains like a lot of medics, but a lot of people complain about no rp but there's a time you could have had some rp maybe ran back abit and acted scared. 

• Like 2

like i said, i am not going to break any rules just cause it is good RP, i do not wanna get in troubble.. so i am sorry that you feel that i am not following good RP, i would rather follow the rules and be safe then to get in troubble for breaking them due to good RP

Ohh boy.  So this has been discussed in the past.  Fluffy is correct in saying that medics can technically be sticklers and refuse to comply if the person does not have zipties.  However, it is acceptable to RP the situation and enter the red zone without zipties, as long as the situation is RP'd in an acceptable manner.  As was already stated, the guy does have a gun, which is usually compelling enough for me to enter a red zone.  Ultimately its up to the medic to decide whether or not to enter the zone.  However, for those that are trying to bait medics into hostage situations, we are allowed to use discretion to avoid a questionable situation if we feel the outcome will endanger ourselves or our equipment.  We do not need to deny service to avoid providing a service, assuming the situation is volatile, or it is blatantly obvious what the people in the area intend to do, we can avoid the area.  Us medics are spose to be illusive, magical, creatures, like a unicorn ;).

As stated, while the rule states in plain text "Responders may be taken hostage by an armed civilian when the following criteria has been met: The civilian has restrained the responder.", it is general knowledge that it is as the discretion of each medic on whether or not they wish to enforce the rule while they are on-duty. In most cases, medics will simply roleplay the situation even if zipties are not utilized, however (and I have done this multiple times), in situations where players have been abusive, trollish or otherwise disagreeable, I'll require they utilize zipties.

All that said, a public finger pointing was not the best method to handle this situation Fluffy.

• Like 1

I have not once lost my zipties and needed a medic hostage. I then role play a character which does not believe in taking someone hostage by taking away their ability to move. I do not like zipties therefore if they do not go where I want them to I will shoot their feet and make them dance to my song.

Per rules about 80% of the medics so far broke that rule, should of not got into my heli which offers free candy. I won't go up to a medic and just say "Hands up or die" and ziptie him then bring him to the person needing medic (UNLESS their body is about to be synced into the ground.) I'll avoid zipties till the medic's roleplay is too shite to comply.

Or sometimes I shoot them and comp the guy that deaded.

In addition - was there really a need to "blow off your steam" here? Dude, just play some other game. If you do not role play just stick to the handbook then this is not the server for you. This is a roleplay server where it is near enough needed to go into every situation as Medic/Cop without an excuse to roleplay. As Civ you can get away as it is less role playing needing role hence it is not whitelisted.

I'm 99% sure that you can get removed from both, APD & Medic, if you do not role play. Not too sure though.

Let's be honest here Teddy you've denied about 90% of the Olympus Community revives because you are either biased to their gang or you just don't like them. You spam side the entire time that you are denying so and so. I never see anyone else spamming that as much as you do. It's a privilege to have that spot stop using your powers to hold leverage over people and not helping someone because they made you mad. I like you and think you're a cool guy but you come off as childish and i'm saying this because i don't even wear tags but you knew i ran with some DC guys and they just killed you so you didn't revive me...Like why bro you denied me based on gang affiliation when i've never done anything to you... My point is is that don't make a forum post about bad RP when you rarely RP at all and when you do you either get really salty or just spam side with DENIED..

Shoutouts to some ballin medics:

#LearnFromIssacNewton

#LearnFromFatClamenza

• Like 5
  1. Denial Criteria:
    1. Trolling:
      1. Player(s) who sows discord on the server by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages to on duty R&R personnel in any form of communication with the deliberate intent of provoking those personnel into a negative emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic roleplay discussion and/or duty performance.
    2. Threats:
      1. Player(s) who have threatened to take R&R personnel hostage, have taken R&R personnel hostage or have threatened to inflict serious bodily harm to R&R personnel.
    3. False Requests:
      1. Player(s) who submit multiple (more than 2) EMS/Revive Requests and then leave the area/respawns/disconnects.
    4. Suspicious Circumstances:
      1. If you have reasonable suspicion to believe that the player is attempting to attain your services under false pretenses in order to take you hostage.
  2. Denial of Individual Services:
    1. R&R personnel of all ranks may deny an individual service in accordance with Article 1.
    2. R&R personnel who deny individual services may only do so until the next server restart, after server restart all individual services are reinstated until the individual meets the criteria outlined in Article 1.
    3. R&R personnel who deny an individual player service, do so as an individual action, and do not prevent other R&R personnel from providing service to the same player.
      1. Exception: Refer to Article 2, Sub-Article 4.
    4. If R&R personnel do not wish to provide an individual player service as a result of a denial from another R&R member, they may do so, however must reinstate service after server restart.
    5. Once service has been denied to an individual player, that player must be notified in side chat or direct text message.

I have a strong feeling you have been abusing the denial of service rules. If someone has a gun to your head then RP and play out the situation. If you're playing Medic just to hold rules and power over people then this is not the place for you. This is your last warning Fluffy. Lock it down and take a chill pill.
  • Like 3

It really depends on what you feel is necessary, If the guy who is trying to take you hostage in this type of situation is Roleplaying it pretty well. Then go along with it. If he is not RPing that well, or is pulling Rules out of the blue to convince you to come with him. Then don't go with him, it's as simple as that. If you feel your life is in danger if you go with him, You can take your life into your own hands and risk to die refusing to follow his orders. But don't be pissed off if he kills you when you refusing to follow his commands, but if you go with him and after you revive his "mates" he kills you. That would be fail RP, just keep in mind that it's your decision to go or to not go with him. If you don't want to go, then RP properly.

• Like 1

I have not been abusing my ability to deny people, nor will i ever do such things... I understand people getting mad when denied services when i am the only medic online. But comeone, i do not want to hear things like " fucking medic, do your fucking job now, i just died" in sidechat when there is 3 people requesting before you, or things like " i will report you if you do not revive my friends you fucking retarted medic" when i have been told not to revive you and there is 4 people with guns standing around your body... This is how you get denied services.. I do everything within RP so go ahead and report me if you feel i am abusing my ability to deny medical services, cause i am not abusing it, nor will i ever do that! I play medic for RP, and i DO NOT TAKE SHIT FROM ANYONE, so spitting in my face and calling me a retard will get you a denial of services!

And another thing, when this situation happened, i was alone on duty, had no SR medic with me that could tell me that if the RP was good enough it's okey for me to enter the redzone... How was i supposed to know that, when no one has ever told me that???? So yeah, i played by the rules on that one to be safe 

woow, the lie is real... I have not once said i am quiting the server while playing medic, so go fish with that lie, and not once have i said " HOLY HELL U R ONE RUDE FUCKER I WONT REVIVE YOU.. so you can go and fish with that lie as well!

But all in all, i have learned so much from this post due to the comments from R&R cord and  SR medics, like i said i did not know that it was okey to enter a redzone if the RP was good enough, that was told to me in a comment, so yeah, i have learned from this post and can take this with me to continue being a good medic, And yes, i used the rules yesterday cause like i said, i did not know if i was allowed to do it.. But all in all again, thanks for wise comments, i will take this with me and learn from it :) 

Edited by FluffyTEDDY