Hackers inbound, boys

Yup, BI is doing this for all servers with donation perks that arent approved, even Arma 2 servers... Basically Olympus needs to contact them and see if they will allow Olympus's monthly donation perks.  They are honestly the biggest money whoring, selfish assholes. Some salty ass kid that cant donate reported the server to BI. Hopefully they can fix quickly because I was ready to no-life this weekend.

5 minutes ago, grizzlybear said:

I think Bohemia is fully justified in doing this. I mean it is their game isn't it...

HA, no. without the modding community arma would blow ass. How fun is single player, or any of the official Bohemia servers?

Just now, Lethal said:

HA, no. without the modding community arma would blow ass. How fun is single player, or any of the official Bohemia servers?

I see what you are saying, but Bohemia is trying to faze out micro transactions that give more affluent players an unfair advantage. I fully support the modding community and believe that arma wouldn't be arma without it, but I do not support servers that lock items away from players just to make money. I understand the incentive to bring donations to the server but I still think they should attract these donations in other non game changing ways. (like cosmetic items etc) 

Just now, grizzlybear said:

I see what you are saying, but Bohemia is trying to faze out micro transactions that give more affluent players an unfair advantage. I fully support the modding community and believe that arma wouldn't be arma without it, but I do not support servers that lock items away from players just to make money. I understand the incentive to bring donations to the server but I still think they should attract these donations in other non game changing ways. (like cosmetic items etc) 

i will always be against pay 2 win. but the current donation setup is not pay 2 win. servers cant charge microtransactions for p2w items, but bohemia will make you pay 15 bucks for op guns... seems legit. Dont tell me navid/ cyrus is not p2w.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lethal said:

i will always be against pay 2 win. but the current donation setup is not pay 2 win. servers cant charge microtransactions for p2w items, but bohemia will make you pay 15 bucks for op guns... seems legit. Dont tell me navid/ cyrus is not p2w.

Thing is that Bohemia owns arma 3 so they have all the right in the world to sell their game.  Olympus and other servers have little to no right by profiting off of a game owned by a different company. Arma might not be a good game without the community development, but it would certainly not be a good game without Bohemia's development. 

Just now, grizzlybear said:

Thing is that Bohemia owns arma 3 so they have all the right in the world to sell their game.  Olympus and other servers have little to no right by profiting off of a game owned by a different company. Arma might not be a good game without the community development, but it would certainly not be a good game without Bohemia's development. 

All im saying is, its extremely hypocritical to come down on servers that rely on donations. These servers are not cheap. then they go off and sell OP DLC. We all already paid 60 bucks for this game. (well not me) but most did. in my honest opinion, if server owners want to give donators exclusive items (non game impacting items) then so be it. As long as it doesnt give someone a clear advantage (ie GA for donors) then who gives a fuck. Bohemia is basically saying, you can just give skins for donations. They are saying the current donation system is infringing on their policies as well, which is horseshit. This is what you get when you let a bunch of stinky   czech's run a game company. (its a joke i like Euros, except rusty)

1 minute ago, Lethal said:

All im saying is, its extremely hypocritical to come down on servers that rely on donations. These servers are not cheap. then they go off and sell OP DLC. We all already paid 60 bucks for this game. (well not me) but most did. in my honest opinion, if server owners want to give donators exclusive items (non game impacting items) then so be it. As long as it doesnt give someone a clear advantage (ie GA for donors) then who gives a fuck. Bohemia is basically saying, you can just give skins for donations. They are saying the current donation system is infringing on their policies as well, which is horseshit. This is what you get when you let a bunch of stinky   czech's run a game company. (its a joke i like Euros, except rusty)

Bohemia is a business and I dont think a good business would let so much money circulate because of their game without getting their hands in it. From my understanding Bohemia is going after the servers that are making a clear surplus and finding a happy in between to keep servers with ways to fund their expenses. Last I heard there was a ton of money sitting in donations for the server, but I have no clue that money could be gone.

I think we both agree that servers should be able to offer some sort of incentive to donate, something like cosmetic items. For a long time this server locked away hatchback sports GA's and even house inventory and I thought that was unfair. Posiden has unlocked most of this content and I think Olympus will be able to figure something out with Bohemia. I'm happy Bohemia is cracking down, it sets an example to most all servers that unfair donater perks are not okay.

1 hour ago, grizzlybear said:

With our current system we give no advantage to donators. Everyone gets the same thing at the end of the month, regardless if they donated or not.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

With our current system we give no advantage to donators. Everyone gets the same thing at the end of the month, regardless if they donated or not.

It dosnt seem that Bohemia cares as they would just sum it up as "not approved or notified."

They would simply look at it as receiving perks as a whole for unsanctioned donations.

30 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Both servers are battleye enabled again and we've contacted Bohemia hours ago. We're awaiting a response but it's Friday, so they probably wont get back to us until Monday. Servers should be fine over the weekend.

YAY THANKS MYTHICAL GOD'S OF OLYMPUS! !!!!!#!!!!!''

Now I don't have to contemplate on what to do on my dayz off. :)