Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Police, please

Here I was like little red riding hood merrily skipping down the street when I see a car, decide to move the car and before you know it a police officer pulls me over before I make it 5 meters down the road, probably should have explained but that isn't quite the point. At this time I had no items on me as I had just been RDM'd in the middle of kavala but obviously you have to be recording 24/7 to prove that, anyway I was literally broke from trying to make money legally and getting shot all the time so when he pulled me over he issued me a ticket of $5000 or go to jail, so being the pro legend that I am I decided to go to jail because a homeless man was more wealthy than me at this point. So got sent to jail and boom, there goes my rebel training, there goes my vigilante licence, there goes my firearms licence and there goes my driving licence. As I noted at before I literally had nothing but the beautiful stripey starting clothes after getting shot point blank in the face so why exactly do the police take away all those things from a 5k gta ticket? I mean really, fire arms licence too? I didn't even have a gun on me! I'm not here to ask for my stuff back but this seems to be a really common thing as of late where police just abuse their powers.

Rant over, feel free to post comments such as "THEY'RE JUST DOING THEIR JOB" or "Maybe you shouldn't have moved the car n00b".

Its not a troll comment, its a statement of fact.

First off its a $5000 ticket.  You can sit and literally do nothing on the server and make $5000 in 30 minutes.  So its very surprising to hear that you didn't have $5000.  Why you'd be carrying all your cash on you is not the smartest thing I've ever heard but people make mistakes from time to time.

You don't give a whole lot of information about what the ticket was for, but since you got into a vehicle that was parked in the middle of a road I'll just assume that it wasn't yours and you were charged with attempted vehicle theft.  If you can't afford to pay the ticket or do the time, then don't do the crime.

There are several reasons which may be coded in as to why you didn't loose the marijuana training... it might not be considered a license, it may be because you were put in jail for a theft, it didn't remove the drug related training.  There could have been a glitch... and I'm sure there are a multitude of other reasons.

And finally... there is generally a 5-10 cops to 70-65 civies ratio.  We can't be everywhere at once, we have 240 square Km's to cover.  If you don't feel like recording to get the idiot RDM/VDM'ers kicked off the server then you are just as much at fault for your own death as you seem to be blaming the cops for.

So in the end based on your attitude it seems to me that you got everything you deserved.  Good day to you sir.

• Head Admin

You do not lose your rebel license for being arrested, the only way to lose it is to buy a vigilante license.  You cant have both at the same time unfortunately.   Also ticketing someone does not affect any licenses, unless your weapons are seized in which case you lose your weapons, license and any illegal items on you.

I carry all my cash on me because I can't even make it to the atm without being killed, that's why. If you don't feel like recording to get the idiot RDM/VDM'ers kicked off the server then you are just as much at fault for your own death as you seem to be blaming the cops for.

So in the end based on your attitude it seems to me that you got everything you deserved.  Good day to you sir.

Attitude like that from cops? See what I mean everyone, this guy literally has no respect for anyone. And that's the thing Gary, I had nothing on me apart from the vehicle I "stole" and I got nearly all my licences taken off, I got my driving licence taken off me and I kept my truck licence, makes 0 sense

• Head Admin

I agree being sent to jail costing you licenses for offences you aren't being jailed for does not make sense.  However if for example you had killed someone and the cops caught you then seizing weapons and license would make sense.  Or in your case for a traffic violation losing your driving license makes sense there.  Unfortunately the way we do it here is licenses are taken for being sent to jail no matter the crime.

In the mean time I suggest working on your evading skills =)

Attitude like that from cops? See what I mean everyone, this guy literally has no respect for anyone. 

The attitude is because you are blaming the cops for your mistake.  You stole a vehicle, were caught and charged for it and its our fault?  If you'd have kept walking/running down the road would the officer had any reason to stop you?  No, so in the end its your fault you lost your licenses not ours.

Cops get real tired of getting shit on for everything under the sun.  Its to bad you were RDM'd doing whatever supposed "legal" money making task you were doing, its unfortunate but a fact of the game that there are people out there that can't handle playing games maturely.  But placing the blame on the under staffed police who are the most heavily restricted and monitored slots on the server is not the way to go about expressing your displeasure.

You committed a crime, it wasn't a cop that put you in the vehicle and had you drive a few meters.  You are the only one to blame here for loosing your licenses.

• Like 1

The license removal is automatic when your placed in jail. We have it set to these 3 licenses as a way to deter a player from just saying screw it send me to jail. Its makes you decide if you are going to pay or sit in jail. If you don't have the money on you to pay the $5k ticket then you probably shouldn't have done something to get the ticket in the first place. 

Regarding his comment on the video recording, it wasn't being said with an attitude, its something we tell everyone to do so they have proof. If you have proof then you can submit a ticket and that player can be dealt with.

My question to you is, how did you manage to get a rebel, driver and firearms license but not have a measly $5k to pay a small fine? If you are carrying all your cash around then that is something you probably should not do anymore. Only take the amount of cash you need to purchase something or you will most likely lose what you do have.

Seems like in your first post as well as your first reply you are simply looking to start a fight with someone. Wheatkings simply replied back with an answer and you assumed he was siding with the APD when in fact it is something he has no control over, he was simply stating a fact.

• Like 2

From what I've heard as well I think you get $25k in your bank if when you log out you have less than $24k. Either way the license removal is for if it's worth going to jail, you lose vigilante license, drivers and firearm. You do not lose Rebel. I assume this is because it's referred to as Rebel "Training", unless they're bashing your head in while you're visiting jail, I don't think it'd be possible to unlearn training like that.

Just remember to keep that number in mind, if you have drivers and firearm license, that's 35k you lose if you go to jail. Is that worth it to you? Always think about that.

The only licences you lose when going to jail are:

1. Drivers licence ($10k)
  2. Firearms licence ($25k)
  3. Vigilante license ($60k)

I only have 1 & 2. When I get arrested, if the ticket is less than 55k I pay it because my gear value (~$20k) + licences is worth about that. Over 100k ticket, I don't bother and I go to jail.

I avoid kavala as it's usually full of people who RDM and who run under your car. Plus a lot of the rookie (and poor) cops cut their teeth there and will down you for a single vehicular manslaughter charge and then throw other charges on top to get more money out of you.

Go to Pyrgos or Athria. Less people, sometimes no cops and the cops that bother to go there seem to know the rules better.

Also if you feel you are getting screwed by a cop, ask for a sergeant. The sergeants generally more familiar with the rules in my experience and due to not being as money hungry they are more willing to listen and pardon you for small crimes.

I avoid kavala as it's usually full of people who RDM and who run under your car. Plus a lot of the rookie (and poor) cops cut their teeth there and will down you for a single vehicular manslaughter charge and then throw other charges on top to get more money out of you.

Go to Pyrgos or Athria. Less people, sometimes no cops and the cops that bother to go there seem to know the rules better.

Also if you feel you are getting screwed by a cop, ask for a sergeant. The sergeants generally more familiar with the rules in my experience and due to not being as money hungry they are more willing to listen and pardon you for small crimes.

Cadets almost always have a constable around.  Cadets must be in a city unless with a constable or higher.  Cadets and Constables should be trying to get you to stop verbally before downing you, but if you try to drive or run then yes, they have a right to down you because you are a fellon attempting to evade arrest.

If cadets or Constables are firing before trying to get you to put your hands up then contact a Corporal or SGT to watch them or submit a recording so they can be dealt with.

Because Cadets can't leave the cities with out a Constable they mostly congregate in Kavala until there are constables or higher on to be with them in the other cities.  Generally there's less RDM/VDM out side of Kavala so things can be handled better by all officers in the other cities.

You can always ask for a higher ranking APD member to come and hear you out.  But be aware that they may not be available and may not come.

I just want to add my experience to this thread.... some cops are reasonable

A few days ago I had just spawned my vehicle in kavala square and started to move forward 10 feet before someone jumped infront of me and died

Great, vehicular manslaughter... 10k

I got out of the vehicle and the cop was there instantly.

I explained to him what happened and he was being a typical hardass talking about how it was no excuse until the victim walked up to the cop and explained it was an accident

Cop reduced my fine to $100 for donut money and called it a day.

Not a bad way to handle the situation IMHO

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...