Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Looking to buy a new monitor.

4 hours ago, Bubbaloo said:

Hmm. The issue is that what difference would that do in Arma if we can't even get FPS higher than 30 in the cities? If I'm not mistaken your FPS would actually need to run up to 144FPS in order to take advantage of the smoothness of 144hz. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'll need a TRI-SLI with a TRI-4790K processor setup to be able to reach that in Arma. 

i was a 60htz pleb up untill 2 days ago. 1440p 144htz with Gsync is the best thing i have ever expereienced. Gsync is awesome. what it does is matches your refresh rate to your frame rate all the time. eliminating screen tear. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, Bow said:

@Ares got 3 of these BenQ EW2440L LED monitors which when playing games such as Elite Dangerous or ArmA you can have the game span all 3 monitors or just one. Gives you a great FOV and the fact that they are almost completely border-less just makes it a great choice.

Damn. Three monitors. Nice. I'll check this one out as well. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 4/11/2016 at 5:45 PM, Benjamin Remer said:

Bubbaloo plz do not get this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236302. I had one just like it and it wasn't what I expected, the monitor stand was crap and it made the monitor very wobbly if your desk moved and it got really annoying, plus the overall quality of it was pretty bad. I would extremely recommend a Asus VG248QE this is the monitor I use and I love it, it's 144hz that can be overclocked if you want (would not recommend doing that btw) the stand is very stable and firm, the monitor can turn if you want it to, I personally don't like so I just put ductape on the rotating plate, the height can be adjusted, and the monitor rotates aswell. I also find the monitor very crisp, very responsive, and extremely clear when on 144hz, and plus it's pretty cheap. Would highly recommend it

I am going to Best Buy to get this one but. Question. Arma will rarely run past 60fps unless you have your settings at low with distances low as well. How does having a 144hz monitor will help me in Arma 3? It's pretty much what I play the most. 

26 minutes ago, Bubbaloo said:

I am going to Best Buy to get this one but. Question. Arma will rarely run past 60fps unless you have your settings at low with distances low as well. How does having a 144hz monitor will help me in Arma 3? It's pretty much what I play the most. 

It won't but everything will look alot cleaner. It's hard to explain you just have to see it and you will never go back, alot less eye strain

Just now, Bubbaloo said:

Playing Arma on a 60hz Monitor, isn't a game changing difference for most people. For me playing Arma on a 144hz Monitor is a lot more smooth and crisp, especially with the other settings the monitor has to offer. But if you play games that you get 144 fps in there will be a huge difference. But all in all I would highly suggest having a 144hz monitor even if it's mainly just for Arma, to me it makes it smoother (especially with the mouse movement!!!) and more enjoyable.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

Playing Arma on a 60hz Monitor, isn't a game changing difference for most people. For me playing Arma on a 144hz Monitor is a lot more smooth and crisp, especially with the other settings the monitor has to offer. But if you play games that you get 144 fps in there will be a huge difference. But all in all I would highly suggest having a 144hz monitor even if it's mainly just for Arma, to me it makes it smoother (especially with the mouse movement!!!) and more enjoyable.

Thanks. Damn. I'm Best Buy already..... 

• Admin
22 hours ago, Benjamin Remer said:

Hey. Bought it. Colors are too strong. The screen is too yellowish for my taste and also arma and day z have some strong flickering issues when I have it on 144z. Any takers? 

7 minutes ago, Bubbaloo said:

Hey. Bought it. Colors are too strong. The screen is too yellowish for my taste and also arma and day z have some strong flickering issues when I have it on 144z. Any takers? 

Go into the Nvidia Control panel if you have an Nvidia Graphics card. Btw are you using a HDMI or DVI, cause you have to use DVI to get to 144hz

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

Go into the Nvidia Control panel if you have an Nvidia Graphics card. Btw are you using a HDMI or DVI, cause you have to use DVI to get to 144hz

Yeah. I'm using the DVI that came with it and I also set it to 144z but I think I left vsync off. I do have a 980gtx and a 4790K I think I should have no problem taking advantage of this monitor. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbaloo said:

Yeah. I'm using the DVI that came with it and I also set it to 144z but I think I left vsync off. I do have a 980gtx and a 4790K I think I should have no problem taking advantage of this monitor. 

keep Vsync on

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

keep Vsync on

Will do. What about the yellowish tint? I mean. I put my old Samsung 23 inch back because I really did not like the color. I was willing to give it another chance though. 

20 hours ago, Bubbaloo said:

Will do. What about the yellowish tint? I mean. I put my old Samsung 23 inch back because I really did not like the color. I was willing to give it another chance though. 

Take a pic with your phone or something and lemme see wait you mean by yellowish tint