Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

7 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

I've already said this to many sAPD, but I believe that we'll need a 'no deputies' policy for Tanoa, as it's a new server, smaller, and harder to keep track of them. When people are on top of those office buildings shooting I foresee a lot of lethals being used (which I don't have a problem with). Additionally PO's are going to need to have access to Hummingbirds on Tanoa, it's that cut and dry. 

What's the point of no deputies?

Why do PO's need hummingbirds?

Guest G.O.A.T.
4 minutes ago, McDili said:

What's the point of no deputies?

Why do PO's need hummingbirds?

See Asylum #5 for that answer. Smaller map = AIDS to keep track of deputies. Literally will disappear before your eyes because of hostage takers, RDM'ers, lack of Arma knowledge, etc.

While yes, we will have a bridge connecting the islands, think of how impractical it will be to patrol in a sports hatch on sand (which oh by the way you can't drive on). I do think there will need to be a person requirement for PO's to conduct patrols on Tanoa (such as 3 people minimum per patrol).

3 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

See Asylum #5 for that answer. Smaller map = AIDS to keep track of deputies. Literally will disappear before your eyes because of hostage takers, RDM'ers, lack of Arma knowledge, etc.

Sounds like Kavala to me. I don't see why this would be a big issue. Encourages APD to travel in groups. Deputies have always been the easy kills on Olympus, easy hostages to take (If they follow the rules) and all that. The deputy role has always been a gauntlet. I feel like we will need to see this for ourselves and see if we come to the same conclusion.

3 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

While yes, we will have a bridge connecting the islands, think of how impractical it will be to patrol in a sports hatch on sand (which oh by the way you can't drive on). I do think there will need to be a person requirement for PO's to conduct patrols on Tanoa (such as 3 people minimum per patrol).

Why would you patrol in a sports hatch on sand? I can't imagine any reason why the APD wouldn't get a skinned unarmed Prowler or Quillen for PO's. which are built for the terrain of Tanoa. Considering the terrain is aids for hatchback sports it's, civs will probably be using stuff like that more often as well.

Guest G.O.A.T.
25 minutes ago, McDili said:

Sounds like Kavala to me. I don't see why this would be a big issue. Encourages APD to travel in groups. Deputies have always been the easy kills on Olympus, easy hostages to take (If they follow the rules) and all that. The deputy role has always been a gauntlet. I feel like we will need to see this for ourselves and see if we come to the same conclusion.

Why would you patrol in a sports hatch on sand? I can't imagine any reason why the APD wouldn't get a skinned unarmed Prowler or Quillen for PO's. which are built for the terrain of Tanoa. Considering the terrain is aids for hatchback sports it's, civs will probably be using stuff like that more often as well.

*sees prowler on the 1.5km long bridge*

*gets in Hummingbird*

*texts dispatch* "l8r piggies"

9 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

*sees prowler on the 1.5km long bridge*

*gets in Hummingbird*

*texts dispatch* "l8r piggies"

But why would somebody just be at the end of a bridge outside their hummingbird? Just seems like an unlikely scenario.

If this is going to be a copy paste of Altis life then there's no point of even playing it. Definitely need a new theme for this map. APD should be extremely revamped to fit Tanoa. Honestly believe that only hardcore RP will be able to fully utilize the new map and all the new content but I hope an Olympus Tanoa life will work well and stay populated.

2 hours ago, Armend(Pete Malloy) said:

If this is going to be a copy paste of Altis life then there's no point of even playing it. Definitely need a new theme for this map. APD should be extremely revamped to fit Tanoa. Honestly believe that only hardcore RP will be able to fully utilize the new map and all the new content but I hope an Olympus Tanoa life will work well and stay populated.

That's why I'm almost thinking a whitelisted only tanoa would work. If it was easy to be whitelisted, then I don't think there will be a problem in getting the server filled but I think it needs to be like takistan/arma 3 life.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Armend(Pete Malloy) said:

Sure there would. New guns, vehicles, map, yatta yatta.

Honestly our current APD is pretty damn militarized. A standard officer carries an assault rifle everywhere he goes and our Senior ranks have Ghosthawks. Like, hello?

1 hour ago, Brynjar said:

That's why I'm almost thinking a whitelisted only tanoa would work. If it was easy to be whitelisted, then I don't think there will be a problem in getting the server filled but I think it needs to be like takistan/arma 3 life.

Olympus is a community that welcomes most and this would keep alot of players who don't have time for an application process and staff won't want to do because they will be too tired and its always a reason why they are not doing or wanting to do an interview/ app alot of a3l servers take up to a week or more to get playing solely based on the fact that they wait a long time for a simple application and interview.

9 hours ago, McDili said:

Sure there would. New guns, vehicles, map, yatta yatta.

Honestly our current APD is pretty damn militarized. A standard officer carries an assault rifle everywhere he goes and our Senior ranks have Ghosthawks. Like, hello?

I mean, in terrorist land (lol cough "middle east"), the rebels are all armed with AKs, and the defense we have against them are military units, <--- first thing that popped into my head this morning.

7 hours ago, Juan The Mexican said:

Olympus is a community that welcomes most and this would keep alot of players who don't have time for an application process and staff won't want to do because they will be too tired and its always a reason why they are not doing or wanting to do an interview/ app alot of a3l servers take up to a week or more to get playing solely based on the fact that they wait a long time for a simple application and interview.

I agree with that, but I'm not saying an interview for white list but just a player report type support ticket, and all you do is apply for it and you automatically get white listed. Not an interview, just to take the time to apply for white list.

43 minutes ago, Brynjar said:

I mean, in terrorist land (lol cough "middle east"), the rebels are all armed with AKs, and the defense we have against them are military units, <--- first thing that popped into my head this morning.

well Tanoa isn't Terroist land from what I know

Just an update, vehicles will not transfer over to Tanoa. Since we'll be releasing this before Apex releases, we don't want people trying to spawn Apex vehicles on Altis when they don't exist yet. Also having seperate gear/vehicles allows us more freedom in the future. For example if we wanted to add vehicle mods or weapon mods to Tanoa we could, without causing any issues for Altis which could remain unmodded.

As for other tanoa stuff,

Housing system is complete, new functionality added to houses with built in garages to pull out vehicles
Planes are now supported in the framework, so we can have plane vendors/garages
Reduced fog system, if fog gets too heavy it removes it
New more interactive gathering system has been made and will be utilized on Tanoa, and eventually Altis.
Custom system for rendering markers on map since Bohemia broke it on dev branch.

Most framework changes for Tanoa have been completed, small things like adding new gather items and adding the new weapons/vehicle skins still need to be done.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Just an update, vehicles will not transfer over to Tanoa. Since we'll be releasing this before Apex releases, we don't want people trying to spawn Apex vehicles on Altis when they don't exist yet. Also having seperate gear/vehicles allows us more freedom in the future. For example if we wanted to add vehicle mods or weapon mods to Tanoa we could, without causing any issues for Altis which could remain unmodded.

As for other tanoa stuff,

Housing system is complete, new functionality added to houses with built in garages to pull out vehicles
Planes are now supported in the framework, so we can have plane vendors/garages
Reduced fog system, if fog gets too heavy it removes it
New more interactive gathering system has been made and will be utilized on Tanoa, and eventually Altis.
Custom system for rendering markers on map since Bohemia broke it on dev branch.

Most framework changes for Tanoa have been completed, small things like adding new gather items and adding the new weapons/vehicle skins still need to be done.

Ayyyyy!

+1 mang keep it up! Stoked to play Tanoa life!

Unfortunately I forsee Tonoa life turning into a Wasteland type of server. Hopefully there will be rules and game mechanics that prevent this from happening. With a smaller map comes more engagements and its hard to see the APD being able to hold their own with an island/jungle environment. I can Imagine most gangs will fly from island to island and most cops will be stuck on the ground waiting to be ambushed. Hopefully there will still be a small amount of RP between cops & rebels or else its going to turn into an all out warzone.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

Unfortunately I forsee Tonoa life turning into a Wasteland type of server. Hopefully there will be rules and game mechanics that prevent this from happening. With a smaller map comes more engagements and its hard to see the APD being able to hold their own with an island/jungle environment. I can Imagine most gangs will fly from island to island and most cops will be stuck on the ground waiting to be ambushed. Hopefully there will still be a small amount of RP between cops & rebels or else its going to turn into an all out warzone.

That's what I foresaw which made me think whitelist it or make cops very militaristic and required to be tactical unlike their normal "which cop can turn OP and taze rebels so they have to come back and save the restrained members so we can dome em all".

On 6/15/2016 at 9:22 AM, Brynjar said:

I agree with that, but I'm not saying an interview for white list but just a player report type support ticket, and all you do is apply for it and you automatically get white listed. Not an interview, just to take the time to apply for white list.

Sounds good, I was under the impression that we have to go through a load of crap to play. But simply making a forum acct and applying feels like a way to help file traffic

On 6/15/2016 at 4:22 PM, Brynjar said:

On 6/16/2016 at 2:59 AM, Brynjar said:

That's what I foresaw which made me think whitelist it or make cops very militaristic and required to be tactical unlike their normal "which cop can turn OP and taze rebels so they have to come back and save the restrained members so we can dome em all".

Well who says staff members have to go through white list apps. We have a several people in the community who would like to do apps. Maybe even support team members. 

On 6/17/2016 at 0:00 PM, Tragic said:

Well who says staff members have to go through white list apps. We have a several people in the community who would like to do apps. Maybe even support team members. 

@Peter Long, what you think? Would support team be something that could help with this (if it was implemented),

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Brynjar said:

@Peter Long, what you think? Would support team be something that could help with this (if it was implemented),

If it is what people say is true then sure white list the server but we can try and see how it goes without whitelist. I would very much like to see it whitelisted 

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Wait a minute. You guys are releasing the server before apex actually comes out?

Poseidon said he plans to release an olympus tanoa life on the current sneak peek build. They've been working on it all week.