Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Locked Private Support Tickets

Can we please make support tickets and their evidence private except to the staff for several reasons such as harassment.

Ex. I made a ticket for a player that vdmed, this was not the first occurrence (also I don't care who breaks the rules and why), so I decided I wanted to do something about it this time. After this was done I received dislikes to my youtube and harassment with several people telling me to kill myself and other things.

Why I am saying this is I feel it can be all avoided if things were kept private.

-Thanks for reading.

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (11).png

p.s if anything was left out or this is the wrong place to be posting this, please feel free to let me know.

• Like 2
  • Head Admin

Evidence is given to people when they ask for it if they submit a ban appeal so they can understand why they where banned.  It also helps them finding evidence from the point of view as with Arma things are not always as simple as they seem.

1 minute ago, Grandma Gary said:

Evidence is given to people when they ask for it if they submit a ban appeal so they can understand why they where banned.  It also helps them finding evidence from the point of view as with Arma things are not always as simple as they seem.

Ok well People can be harrassed to the point where it is just wrong, especially if they tell the person to kill themself. Evidence should not be given out unless uploaded to a private OS youtube channel.

• Like 1

To quote Hades himself: 

Once a player has been banned they have the right to appeal it. They also have the right to see what it was that got them banned so they can in a sense defend themselves. When we issue a ban alot of times the player isn't even on the server so they don't know what got them banned. In these cases we try to explain why and if requested show them the proof. If the proof is gone then we may remove the ban if we can't remember the situation.

This is written and pinned in our ticket subsection: 

I don't think the way they treated you is right by any means. Bunch of kids really. It's an unfortunate consequence but allowing someone to see the evidence regarding their ban is too important for credibility sake.

10 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

With all due respect there is for sure something that can be done to avoid exposing the persons personal information such as telling them what rule was broken and the date, or having the video recorded and shown off of youtube or other video sharing websites, something.

2 minutes ago, McDili said:

To quote Hades himself: 

Once a player has been banned they have the right to appeal it. They also have the right to see what it was that got them banned so they can in a sense defend themselves. When we issue a ban alot of times the player isn't even on the server so they don't know what got them banned. In these cases we try to explain why and if requested show them the proof. If the proof is gone then we may remove the ban if we can't remember the situation.

This is written and pinned in our ticket subsection: 

I don't think the way they treated you is right by any means. Bunch of kids really. It's an unfortunate consequence but allowing someone to see the evidence regarding their ban is too important for credibility sake.

understood, I guess I should have looked at the consequences of reporting a player with a "fan base" like himself.

6 minutes ago, Ranger Polend said:

With all due respect there is for sure something that can be done to avoid exposing the persons personal information such as telling them what rule was broken and the date, or having the video recorded and shown off of youtube or other video sharing websites, something.

understood, I guess I should have looked at the consequences of reporting a player with a "fan base" like himself.

I don't really think it's reasonable that we should download and re-upload your video for the purposes of evidence. People would have found out one way or another. If I told Huskers verbally "You VDM'd a dude in HQ on this date at this time" he's gonna know exactly who it was. 

It sounds more reasonable to me that if you want your youtube to remain anonymous that you would just create an alt youtube account and upload there if that's what is important to you.

In regards to reports, it's probably safe to assume that if your report goes anywhere that the person who gets banned will find out that it was you. 

Furthermore showing them evidence is paramount. If they are given information that is too vague, then they couldn't very well appeal it properly could they?

Wow just thought of a fantastic idea holy crap. Disable comments and likes? Or even better ignore them? You dont have to read their comments. If this is keeping you up at night something is wrong... If harassment continues other places obviously action should be taken. But im pretty sure you can even delete the comments.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

I agree , this dude has received harassment for simply following the rules and you gave out a video which resulted in cyber bullying to this guy so i agree 100% with this post and if this post is taken lightly its silly

Even if the video was to be reuploaded to another channel they can still gather your name through side chat. "X has killed Y" or in the instance of your video you paid a ticket, which has shown your name. Reporting carries that burden with you, sadly.

1 minute ago, Guinness said:

I agree , this dude has received harassment for simply following the rules and you gave out a video which resulted in cyber bullying to this guy so i agree 100% with this post and if this post is taken lightly its silly

ur fucking picture..

I guess I can make an alt youtube, you're right, either way they are going to say crap. But nothing can really be done about it here I guess. Thanks for the ideas.

10 minutes ago, McDili said:

I don't really think it's reasonable that we should download and re-upload your video for the purposes of evidence. People would have found out one way or another. If I told Huskers verbally "You VDM'd a dude in HQ on this date at this time" he's gonna know exactly who it was. 

It sounds more reasonable to me that if you want your youtube to remain anonymous that you would just create an alt youtube account and upload there if that's what is important to you.

In regards to reports, it's probably safe to assume that if your report goes anywhere that the person who gets banned will find out that it was you. 

Furthermore showing them evidence is paramount. If they are given information that is too vague, then they couldn't very well appeal it properly could they?

I guess I can make an alt youtube, you're right, either way they are going to say crap. But nothing can really be done about it here I guess. Thanks for the ideas.

2 minutes ago, Geronimo said:

Unlisted is a great option to choose when making videos. I don't see why you need to make a ticket on every guy who does something to you. Or you just love to waste your time

It was unlisted

Just now, Geronimo said:

Unlisted is a great option to choose when making videos. I don't see why you need to make a ticket on every guy who does something to you. Or you just love to waste your time

bud it is unlisted, there is reasons why I made the report, if some freshie is going to continually vdm me, I'm going to make a report. there was more happening that I didn't report or show in the video.  

Just now, Ranger Polend said:

bud it is unlisted, there is reasons why I made the report, if some freshie is going to continually vdm me, I'm going to make a report. there was more happening that I didn't report or show in the video.  

The 2 comments on your "ReportTage"(Cringe as fuck btw) wasn't unlisted

Just now, Geronimo said:

The 2 comments on your "ReportTage"(Cringe as fuck btw) wasn't unlisted

thank you for further proving my point, something that has nothing to do with it is receiving hate, I get it that video is cringy so are my minecraft videos (which I don't make anymore).

Btw, the montage was meant to be private just or something I just was joking about, I cant remember. But the video was when I did vigi for a day, I think I planned on reporting the combat loggers, but there was too much, I never got around to it.

• Like 1
Just now, Ranger Polend said:

thank you for further proving my point, something that has nothing to do with it is receiving hate, I get it that video is cringy so are my minecraft videos (which I don't make anymore).

Btw, the montage was meant to be private just or something I just was joking about, I cant remember. But the video was when I did vigi for a day, I think I planned on reporting the combat loggers, but there was too much, I never got around to it.

All i'm saying is that there's no reason to report every little rulebreaker that you encounter. Deal with it. No need to cry and post a ticket about some guy running you over or rdming you when you're a freshie. But that's your decision. Personally I think you're wasting your time and ruining that person's experience. Tell them and correct them rather than going through and making a video to report it to the moderators.

All i'm saying is that there's no reason to report every little rulebreaker that you encounter. Deal with it. No need to cry and post a ticket about some guy running you over or rdming you when you're a freshie.

You are wrong.

If you want people not to break rules, you report them. Your advice is bullshit.

All i'm saying is that there's no reason to report every little rulebreaker that you encounter. Deal with it. No need to cry and post a ticket about some guy running you over or rdming you when you're a freshie. But that's your decision. Personally I think you're wasting your time and ruining that person's experience. Tell them and correct them rather than going through and making a video to report it to the moderators.

Making a support ticket makes the person that BROKE THE RULES fix what they did and not do it again because they were punished for it. 

Just now, Geronimo said:

you don't seem to get the point. Things led up to it. I don't know how else to word it. He was ruining my experience so I did something about it. I don't normally report things like this, its just kind of scary that I report someone like him I get punished for it.