Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

More careful with engagement.

RDMING IS BECOMING A BIGGER PROBLEM

For the past couple days, I haven't been RDM'd, but yesterday and today, it has definitely become a problem and I'm not sure why no one is handling the situation. I have been RDM'd a total of 6 times in the past few hours. Examples are such as being taken hostage then shot right away. Or just walking down the street and being killed. Or earlier, as I spoke to a medic, I was RDM'd, so was he.

I think a big fault of this is no one reads the rules. We need to make sure people are reading the rules to ensure a perfect RP experience. This is my new account because I gave my old account to a friend, so I'm hoping to start a fresh and clean experience on this server.

READ RULES AND DO NOT RDM

Many people read the rules and do not believe what they are doing is RDM. Whereas in fact it is. So can we please speak to those people and let them know?

CONTEXT

I know I sound like I'm whining... I just think we need to make sure the experience for every new player is a good one and that the rule followers shouldn't be killed by people who choose to not follow rules. I want this server to stay up and always busy, but people RDMing could slowly but surely cause less and less people to play.

CONCLUSION

Read the damn rules.

• Admin

It's the holidays. Christmas time and arma free weekends are going to be filled with a lot of new players who just got the game and have no idea how an RP server works. Record and report and move on. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, DanteFleury said:

It's the holidays. Christmas time and arma free weekends are going to be filled with a lot of new players who just got the game and have no idea how an RP server works. Record and report and move on. 

Like Dante said, we are always getting new players. Most of which do not read server rules before they get onto olympus. All we can do is record, report and try to encourage new people to read up.

Edited by Danger
  • Admin
21 minutes ago, Danger said:

Like Dante said, we are always getting new players. Most of which do not read server rules before they get onto olympus. All we can do is record, report and try to encourage new people to read up.

To add to this and my previous note; if you feel that this player is probably brand new to the server and he makes a mistake like RDM, try to explain how the server works without yelling at them. 

As medic I've witmessed people rdm others as I'm just reviving them. Usually I'll explain what they just did and why it's wrong (whIle trying to RP the entire thing) and usually I get responses like "oh shit my bad" or "oh well ill apologize when he gets up". There is the occasional "fuck him" but for the most part these newbies don't know they are doing  wrong. Most games, if not all, they have played did not need you to visit a website and read a bunch of rules. Try to educate and help them become valuable members of the community. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, PancakeYT said:

RDMING IS BECOMING A BIGGER PROBLEM

For the past couple days, I haven't been RDM'd, but yesterday and today, it has definitely become a problem and I'm not sure why no one is handling the situation.

Well first off. Rdm has always been an issue since day one, and not just rdm but breaking of rules overall. And nobody can handle rdm unless an admin or mod saw it happen, or if someone recorded it. Which is what you should've done if you didn't already do so. Breaking rules is always gonna be a problem, tbch...... just deal with it. If you can't, then don't complain on the forums.