Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Vigilantes?

49 minutes ago, Edmunds.Z said:

Does anybody play as vigilante regularly despite all the hate they get for playing the game a bit differently than anybody else? What are your vigi pro tips? Is it more for fun and rp or do you not care about the profits? How much profit do you make on ge when playing vigi?

A really good tip is to somehow get your hands on a police tazer, such as the MX or SPAR-16. You can do this by a: robbing a cop or b: doing a hostage situation. Being a vigi with a sting is literally impossible to play. Considering most people with large bounties have GA's, you will be long dead by the time you taze him. Honestly, if you want to RP, just join the police force. I'd do it for the money. The profits aren't very big as a vigi, but you can get lucky.

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Honestly, if you want to RP, just join the police force.

This. You will still be manhandled in kavala aids fest, but processing criminals as APD opens up some of the best RP situations out there. Oh, and the profit is really good as long as you dont potato and get nobody tazed ever. I was always under the impression cops didnt make enough from other deputies/P.Os, but ive been whitelisted for about 4 days and only about 2 of those times put serious time in and have profited a million.

I also dont go out "bounty hunting". I know some cops try to take every bounty, but I select based on the situation and after attempted RP. 

My rambling is basically saying if you want to catch criminals and enjoy it, apply for APD. 

Your best bet with Vigi is probably to camp red zones and wait for a loner with a bounty - you don't have the disadvantage of needing to engage and wait for a reaction.

Also, once you have tazed and restrained and explained charges and jail, best bet is not to listen to the person -- they're going to accuse you of rule breaking and/or try to stall for time or make a deal.  

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Ozzy Jones said:

Your best bet with Vigi is probably to camp red zones and wait for a loner with a bounty - you don't have the disadvantage of needing to engage and wait for a reaction.

Also, once you have tazed and restrained and explained charges and jail, best bet is not to listen to the person -- they're going to accuse you of rule breaking and/or try to stall for time or make a deal.  

I have a decent sized bounty and it would be great if you didnt give the vigi good advice since I often role alone or with 1 or 2 people :Kappa:

• Like 3

Don't listen to these guys, man.

Vigi is incredibly fun when you're not getting killed. Kavala vigi's are scum. When you leave Kavala and hunt big fish, especially as a group, that's when vigi is really rewarding.

Before I was staff, I used to fight cartels as a vigi (Back then tazer was a one shot taze) and it was hilarious when you got into a big gang fight and got a couple guys tazed/restrained.

It actually helped just because putting them in jail meant they couldn't immediately respawn and gear up for another cartel fight. The best part though was hearing them rage harder than ever. At least when you're caught by a cop you might try to talk it out, it's an option for folks. But when people get caught by a vigi, they know nothing they say will change anything and they blow their lid. Seriously the funniest shit ever.

The only real bad experiences with vigi I've had would be either getting rdmed just for wearing the vest and not even displaying the weapon or when I let one guy go because the jail was broken. I was talking to him and apologizing just to find him unrestrained and downing me with his .45 like it was nothing

My main tip for you is to this... Stay out of Kavala. Too many combat loggers, RDMers, etc and you will not get big bounties. If you do see decent bounties in Kavala, their buddies will come and flock to him to save them, leaving you dead. If you stay out of Kavala, this may still happen, but not nearly as much

3 hours ago, McDili said:

Don't listen to these guys, man.

Vigi is incredibly fun when you're not getting killed. Kavala vigi's are scum. When you leave Kavala and hunt big fish, especially as a group, that's when vigi is really rewarding.

Before I was staff, I used to fight cartels as a vigi (Back then tazer was a one shot taze) and it was hilarious when you got into a big gang fight and got a couple guys tazed/restrained.

It actually helped just because putting them in jail meant they couldn't immediately respawn and gear up for another cartel fight. The best part though was hearing them rage harder than ever. At least when you're caught by a cop you might try to talk it out, it's an option for folks. But when people get caught by a vigi, they know nothing they say will change anything and they blow their lid. Seriously the funniest shit ever.

Which vigi shops are still broken?

On 9/6/2016 at 9:59 PM, Augustus said:

A really good tip is to somehow get your hands on a police tazer, such as the MX or SPAR-16. You can do this by a: robbing a cop or b: doing a hostage situation. Being a vigi with a sting is literally impossible to play. Considering most people with large bounties have GA's, you will be long dead by the time you taze him. Honestly, if you want to RP, just join the police force. I'd do it for the money. The profits aren't very big as a vigi, but you can get lucky.

I would agree with that last part, but the problem is joining the APD is Fucking. Impossible. (Totally haven't failed the interview twice now) I agree with everything else though, in fact it seems quite cool to be honest. It would make it more realistic, as in real life Vigilantes are considered criminals. Get your hands on an MX with some ammo, buy a rebel vest and fatigues before you buy the vigi license (GL Carrier and CSAT fatigues, helmet maybe) And buy the license and zip-ties. That'd be some fun shit, as you'd be jailing criminals and still on the run for having the illegal weapon.

One thing you'll need to know though, I know Kavela vigi shop is broken for a fact, but I'm not sure about any of the other towns. They say which ones in an announcement post somewhere.

If you are medic and you already have to worry about two characters I would just consider playing vigi instead of applying for apd if you wearnt medic I would tell you to apply for apd instead but yea. Consider this, Joce has 70 + mill he comes on and just vigi's