Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

How has the apd deteriorated to this level of shit

Do you know how many people get caught and SUDDENLY have a story about how THEY are innocent and it wasn't their fault. We listen and we never catch anybody. Everybody wants an out, and its our job to find out who deserves it.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Vincent Jacobs said:

and again people getting upset is because of stuff like tazing from afar and no nlr. those things are in the server rules. you cannot hate the majority of cops for a rule that was made by 1 chief and several admins

but you can, and clearly people do. I'm not sure if you play much as a civ or if you mainly do cop/medic stuff but god damn is it annoying the way cops work. It's gotten to the point to where my gang doesn't even bother with cops anymore because we know if we're near an HQ it's a lost fight.

I know it's not any of the cops fault, and that they're playing within the rules, but as I stated, these rules make it sooo fucking easy to dislike cops because of the power they have over everyone, even people with gear with 200k+ who get put down by one tazer bullet.

3 minutes ago, Zealot said:

but you can, and clearly people do. I'm not sure if you play much as a civ or if you mainly do cop/medic stuff but god damn is it annoying the way cops work. It's gotten to the point to where my gang doesn't even bother with cops anymore because we know if we're near an HQ it's a lost fight.

I know it's not any of the cops fault, and that they're playing within the rules, but as I stated, these rules make it sooo fucking easy to dislike cops because of the power they have over everyone, even people with gear with 200k+ who get put down by one tazer bullet.

You do know tazers don't one-shot, right?

6 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Picking at straws. Pretty sure you got the idea of my argument.

It wasn't my intention to join the argument, people have just been saying that tasers one shot a lot lately when it isn't the case and hasn't been for a long time. So I'm just trying to spread the objective information.

But I'll happily engage the debate, why not?

4 hours ago, Zealot said:

idk. one of the big issues with APD is the rules of this community make it so easy to hate them. Infinite respawns with no NLR? Check.

Let's take a quick glance at server 1 and 2 real quick.

f76e360491756c90fbc5c577de1b053c.png

You think an HQ or a city would only have 4 or 5 cops in it at one time? That doesn't make sense, and it would be incredibly easy to take over an HQ or a city just by killing a few cops considering that rebels are better geared than the vast majority of the police force.

Tazers that can be shot from hundreds of meters? Check. Good luck providing overwatch for your gang.

You can call them tasers or rubber bullets, either way the alternatives to having them function the same as bullets are either unacceptable or require mods. There's really no other feasible way around it.

Other civs can shoot you with bullets that kill you, so good luck providing overwatch for your gang ever by that logic.

Ability to taze someone numerous times from far away without restraining them? Check. Again, good luck providing overwatch.

This makes no sense to me. Are we supposed to not taze you when you get back up while we're trying to get to you? What?

Don't follow the speed limits? Check. Ya'll always blasting around in your hatchback sports.

I don't really think this grinds many people's gears nor do I think it interrupts the balance at all. I feel more like this is your own personal beef and that it doesn't really apply to the argument you're trying to make.

Majority of these things aren't the members of APD's fault, I will give you that. Really the only one that is is speeding, but tbh who doesn't want to go 350 so I can't blame you for that. It's more so that cops have the ability to be so powerful that it's hard to look at them in anything other then a harsh light. You can have a gang of 8 guys get taken down by 3 cops because of the old saying, "Throw enough shit at a wall and eventually it'll stick." Just keep throwing cop bodies at them, provided they're close to an HQ, and eventually you'll get all of them.

I know the rules are sort of needed, due to the imbalance of APD and Civ, but you have to expect with the way the rules are that people aren't going to be praising your wonderful organization. :P

Now personally I understand exactly what you're saying when you talk about how people aren't going to praise the APD. Of course they aren't, we're everyone's enemy in a game where the majority of people undertake illegal activities.

The thing is, most people don't really grasp the dynamic or the balance of it all until they also play cop and realize that most situations, cops lose. The design is setup so that the longer you fight the cops, the harder it gets. In most situations, your first encounter with cops is the easiest and it's pretty easy to actually get away provided you have a vehicle around.

The vast majority of cops have a crappy vest and 6.5mm weapons to deal with civs who have CSAT clothes + GA Rigs and 7.62mm weapons, armed .50 cals, etc.

Civs also have the chance at getting some really powerful stuff from the Blackwater event provided they can defend against an onslaught of APD for a little under half an hour.

That's my opinion, not that I'm the driving force behind the designers, the devs, or the APD. Just take it as one man's opinion.

1 hour ago, McDili said:

It wasn't my intention to join the argument, people have just been saying that tasers one shot a lot lately when it isn't the case and hasn't been for a long time. So I'm just trying to spread the objective information.

But I'll happily engage the debate, why not?

Let's take a quick glance at server 1 and 2 real quick.

f76e360491756c90fbc5c577de1b053c.png

You think an HQ or a city would only have 4 or 5 cops in it at one time? That doesn't make sense, and it would be incredibly easy to take over an HQ or a city just by killing a few cops considering that rebels are better geared than the vast majority of the police force.

You can call them tasers or rubber bullets, either way the alternatives to having them function the same as bullets are either unacceptable or require mods. There's really no other feasible way around it.

Other civs can shoot you with bullets that kill you, so good luck providing overwatch for your gang ever by that logic.

This makes no sense to me. Are we supposed to not taze you when you get back up while we're trying to get to you? What?

I don't really think this grinds many people's gears nor do I think it interrupts the balance at all. I feel more like this is your own personal beef and that it doesn't really apply to the argument you're trying to make.

Now personally I understand exactly what you're saying when you talk about how people aren't going to praise the APD. Of course they aren't, we're everyone's enemy in a game where the majority of people undertake illegal activities.

The thing is, most people don't really grasp the dynamic or the balance of it all until they also play cop and realize that most situations, cops lose. The design is setup so that the longer you fight the cops, the harder it gets. In most situations, your first encounter with cops is the easiest and it's pretty easy to actually get away provided you have a vehicle around.

The vast majority of cops have a crappy vest and 6.5mm weapons to deal with civs who have CSAT clothes + GA Rigs and 7.62mm weapons, armed .50 cals, etc.

Civs also have the chance at getting some really powerful stuff from the Blackwater event provided they can defend against an onslaught of APD for a little under half an hour.

That's my opinion, not that I'm the driving force behind the designers, the devs, or the APD. Just take it as one man's opinion.

You sort of picked apart my argument as if I thought these rules/facts were a bad thing. In my second paragraph I said that I understand the need for these rules, and am not arguing them. I was only telling the guy why people don't like the APD, as the rules basically force the APD to be the bad guy (good guy bad guy? idk.) if they ever want to come out on top.

I've got no issues with the rules. On a server like this they're needed. If this was a hardcore RP server my opinion on this would change, but yeah. I was only giving reasons as to why people have more reason to dislike the APD then they do to like them.

Edited by Zealot

Whenever I arrest someone with they always give me bullshit roleplay.

"I have a twin brother, I did nothing wrong"

"How do you know my name. I have no licences, my blood and dna is made out of ketchup and I have a mask."

People with million dollar bounties think they can roleplay their way out of things.

I'm not going to let anyone go with shitty roleplay. Also when people scream about rules that is fantastic roleplay.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Pledge said:

If your roleplay is good, you can get out of anything. Good roleplay is fun for both sides, so brush up on your skills....

Hell no if someone has a 3 mil bounty or something he can roleplay what he wants but i aint letting him go xd

• Like 1

dont complain about rp or inbalance of apd.

apd are awful if you cant kill them your bad.

if you think you can rp your way out of multiple manslaughters your an idiot no one has time to deal with that this isn't real life and if it was and a cop saw you kill someone or had record of you killing someone they wouldn't listen to your stupid story; they would just lock you up. But even that being said this isn't real life and nobody has time to just listen to your generally garbage story and spend all that time with that garbage.

The only real problem with apd is that you generally fight them in areas that give you texture bugs and there vehicles give you texture bugs but they exsperience the texture bugs as well so its not unbalanced just annoying.

• Admin
16 hours ago, Tech_ said:

"How do you know my name. I have no licences, my blood and dna is made out of ketchup and I have a mask."

People with million dollar bounties think they can roleplay their way out of things.

I'm not going to let anyone go with shitty roleplay. Also when people scream about rules that is fantastic roleplay.

Related image

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:57 PM, Tech_ said:

my favorite one that I tried was saying that I was a repo officer and talked on and on about it and got a 2 mil bounty down to a 750k ticket

Guest G.O.A.T.
On 12/11/2016 at 11:57 PM, Tech_ said:

"I'm an expert ketchup taste tester, let me get you squared away sir."

dis shit 2 ez

Couldnt agree more, honestly what happened to the majority of the community...

On 12/12/2016 at 5:18 PM, DeathSnare said:

dont complain about rp or inbalance of apd.

apd are awful if you cant kill them your bad.

if you think you can rp your way out of multiple manslaughters your an idiot no one has time to deal with that this isn't real life and if it was and a cop saw you kill someone or had record of you killing someone they wouldn't listen to your stupid story; they would just lock you up. But even that being said this isn't real life and nobody has time to just listen to your generally garbage story and spend all that time with that garbage.

The only real problem with apd is that you generally fight them in areas that give you texture bugs and there vehicles give you texture bugs but they exsperience the texture bugs as well so its not unbalanced just annoying.

this is the problem lmfao the apd doesnt want to take their precious time to listen to RP even if the RP is good, for the fun of the game... 

5 hours ago, Rated349 said:

this is the problem lmfao the apd doesnt want to take their precious time to listen to RP even if the RP is good, for the fun of the game... 

you merk 10 20 kids and you think you can rp out of it? you think criminals in real life can rp out of 20 or even 5 manslaughter guess again. they cant even "rp" out of 1.

Thats what im saying it doesn't make sense to say someone can rp out of that many kills.

5 hours ago, Rated349 said:

I really don't understand this sentiment at all.

It used to be so much worse.

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

I'd like to point out that when you have issues with things and you feel like addressing them publicly on a forum... It's best to usually make decent sentences and not sound like a complete idiot. You know maybe be logical and explain your thoughts. Not just that "The APD is shit", explain why you feel the APD is shit.

Well you see here from the Civillian stand point it's shit because we don't let them keep their Mk. 200 when they killed over 40 people. Kek

On 12/11/2016 at 6:30 PM, Zealot said:

t's more so that cops have the ability to be so powerful that it's hard to look at them in anything other then a harsh light. You can have a gang of 8 guys get taken down by 3 cops because of the old saying, "Throw enough shit at a wall and eventually it'll stick." Just keep throwing cop bodies at them, provided they're close to an HQ, and eventually you'll get all of them.

As someone who is a corporal in the APD and active as a rebel in one of the server's largest gang if you honestly believe this you are out of your mind. The APD is so much weaker than rebels it is incredible. If your gang of 8 people cannot kill three cops who's vests can be one shot in the chest with 7.62mm ammunition the problem lies in your own gun skill rather than the "overpoweredness" of the APD. 

On 12/12/2016 at 11:59 AM, Pledge said:

If your roleplay is good, you can get out of anything. Good roleplay is fun for both sides, so brush up on your skills....

This is also true in the bedroom when one day you find that hot crazy girl. *Giggity

• Like 1