I'm tired of cops...

Sooo, I do not have a video recorder. I do not intend to get hold of any program that records my ingame activity. Bacause it should not be needed. 

We are playing on a server. RP server. And some people are so fucking stupid, and has a lack of knowledge about the game mechanics, combined with a nice strong trigger finger. 

So yeah, I'm talking about the police, most I like, I and do let them know that I think it's nice how they keep Kavala safe (partly from me).

Though today/night, I experienced a cop just shooting me... Yes. He restrains me and I ask what has happened. So I had ran someone over (someone was breaking in to a vehicle in the middle of Kavala, I tried to evade the vehicle but failed to do so, he was hit  by the vehicle), though I had not heard the police man say anything untill just before he shot me, where I came to a full hold on my quadbike (in the middle of Kavala square, where I was picking up a friend). So I try to tell him that he should not have shot me since I had just come to a full hold, keeps jabbing on about how it's all nonsence, and trying to evade the talk about his failed attempt to be a cop and possibly saying sorry to me. I then tell him, after paying the 10k ticket, that I would post a thread on here because I wanted to know hoe off I was. Well he tells me that I can do nothing about his actions since I did not have video of it... wtf... If he thought he did the right thing why would he say something like that? Well that I never got an anwer to, instead someone I assume is an admin came by and said that yes you can infact get out of a moving vehicle, while this is true, I would have died, to which he does not agree. He says he will show me, instead he just takes his vehicle and goes to a full hold LIKE I DID (like I'm not SUPER retarded despite what some may think, but I am aware of breaks), after confronting him, the police officer comes over again and says that he is tired of the discussion, though it has nothing to do with him, but a game mechanic... That was about when I bailed, went away and logged, then wrote this.

TL;DR: read the above.

I'm not sure this is a server I wanna play on. I've seen german servers that has gotten my interest even though my german ist doch sehr schlecht.

Idk 

tell me if I'm off if I think this story seems unfair.

My ign is Orpkoobcam, idk if I can post the assumed admins or the cops ign names, but if I can you just need to ask for them.

Have a nice evening, I'm signing off to see a series. 

And thanks to all the good cops... hmmm... I might send in an application.

so... you

ran someone over

didnt hear a cop say get off your quad

got shot because you didnt do the things you say you didnt hear

got restrained and paid your ticket

were told that eject is something that arma 3 has

were told that you can eject from extremely slow moving vehicles

i have no clue whats going on in here other than you thinking you were RDMd because he didnt announce himself. in which case yes you would need proof for these situations. also dont forget that he has 5 minutes to shoot you if he had already told you to stop before.

• Like 1

Did not at all think I was RDM. It had been about 30 minutes after I ran someone over, there were a lot of noice on the square, and I was going to a hold when I finally heard him (he said he had given me 3 warnings, though I did only see him run towards me with a gun at some point, I also pointed out to him that I was pretty sure he left my name out of it, wich he had very little to say to. Got restrained, was talking to him about what happened, said to him that I would need him to help me understand what had happened, instead he gives me the ticket so I couldn't speak, then I said that we needed t talk a little more before he gave me the final one, since I thought that he was being rude, he gave the next one right before I had finished my sentence. I was told by what I assume was an admin that you could eject from moving vehicles without getting killed, which has proven not true during my time in arma 3. A friend told me right after that he had gotten him self killed multiple times by ejcting from 3km/t vehicles. Also, why would he shoot my when I was stopping anyway, wether or not I could have ejected, he should have focused on that I didn't drive faster or tried to get away, that was what would have counted. 

And yes I would need proof if I expected anything to be done from the admins. But the case is, this is supposed to be a community, someone who enjoys playing together, and I have a hard time doing just that, when someone list tman15tmb pulls those kinds of stunts. Like he told me that I could not prove that he had done nothing because I did not record it, like wtf he just has to play by the rules. If people like him only wanna play by the rules if it's all documented or his fucking parents are looking, then fuck this.

Thanks for your reply though.

The only reason he should have shot you in this situation is is you were evading, as in you were trying to drive off after being told to stop. If you were stopped but not exiting the vehicle then he should have shot out the tires and pulled you from the vehicle. If you were in fact moving and he stated to stop then he is allowed to down you since you are considered evading.

Ejecting from a moving vehicle is a 50/50 thing, sometimes ya get lucky other times you don't. Personally I have never heard one of my admins tell someone to just eject out so it most likely was not an admin stating this.

If you did not understand the charges then he should have explained again what they were for. If he explained the charges and you didn't agree then you have to request a higher rank and he is required to contact one to try and come handle the situation. If you don't request and he has explained all the charges then he is to issue the ticket. You may then after-hand try and speak with em about what it is you didn't agree with.

Hopefully this clears it up for you. If you choose not to record this is something that falls on you. We tell players to record because if a player breaks rules, get out of line, ect then they can be dealt with. We, the admins, can't do anything if we have nothing to back it up. While you say this should be a community there will always be players who don't follow the rules. In situations were they don't follow the rules we need the proof to deal with them. This is not a whitelisted server and as such anyone can join. APD are put through an interview and training but there is alot to learn and at times they may go overboard at times if they are not clear on something.

I did what I was taught to do. I noticed you were wanted, asked you to get off your atv at least three times before shooting out your tires then downing you. I then pulled you off your vehicle restrained you and let you explain your side of what happened at least twice. At this time I asked you if you texted the police because you had a vehicular manslaughter. You said no, so I gave you your ticket and then I released you. I have been downed on my atv plenty of times in this game and not once have I had the audacity to yell in someone's face about it. That was not an admin trying to back me up that was a normal player who believed I handled the situation in the right way.

Maybe you couldn't hear me because your atv was running or there was to much talking in Kavala square? I honestly have no clue. I'm also not sure how ejecting came about? It had nothing to do with why I downed you.

I did what I was taught to do. I noticed you were wanted, asked you to get off your atv at least three times before shooting out your tires then downing you. I then pulled you off your vehicle restrained you and let you explain your side of what happened at least twice. At this time I asked you if you texted the police because you had a vehicular manslaughter. You said no, so I gave you your ticket and then I released you. I have been downed on my atv plenty of times in this game and not once have I had the audacity to yell in someone's face about it. That was not an admin trying to back me up that was a normal player who believed I handled the situation in the right way.

BOOM LAWYERED!!!

• Like 1

Tman15tmb, if you have read all I have written, you would know that you tolk me that I was able to just get out of that moving vehicle, that was why that person tried to get involved, his ign is GOOD GUY DENNY and he was, on my screen, able to move through things and just dissappear again. 

The whole problem based around you shooting not just the tires but me, for to then just saying that I could have gotten out of a moving vehicle, by "Ejecting" while I tried to explain to you why I did not do that you just issued the tickets to get me shut the fuck up. Afterwards you just walked away and refused to discuss it further. 

The other person, btw, did not see the whole event, but came over to say that yes you could infact get out of a moving vehicle, to wich the answer was yes you could, then I asked you wether you would survive doing just that, to wich you refused to answer and just moved along. 

You didn't tackle this case the right way and the prove of that is this whole thread, if you had tackled it just decent, like the other apds I'v ehad on me, I would not have written anything on here.

And what does Thomas even mean with lawyered, it's not like you came with evidence nor any rules like Hades did so nicely.

I got 900k on my account, and my friend ows me 300k, money wasn't the issue, it's that the apd did not do hos job. Money wise I do not care about rdm either, not even if I lose like 200k in gear, it's that the rules was not followed, and that the person who did it, has no intention of doing it better. See, the apd I spoke about replied and thought he had done everything right, that's the prob. I just bought 2 new hatchbacks and a quad.

Mate it doesn't seem like you quite got it, I was trying to say that it was important that people saw it as an rp community, where we should be nice to each other. Tman for instance came to me yesterday and said that he prolly shouldn't have shot me, and we where 100p ok. Now you on the other hand, come here and shout "admin lock it!" wtf is that. It's a statement that transfers all disagreement into hate. 

Thanks for not liking my post, if it had nothing to do with you please keep out of it. 

Seems like you just came here to be a bully anyways.

Sooo, I do not have a video recorder. I do not intend to get hold of any program that records my ingame activity. Bacause it should not be needed. 

Also

You're lucky I wasn't there at the time.  I would wipe Kavala off the map to stop a guy with a vehicular manslaughter!

You would get your ghosthawk out and like, fast rope every cadet on into the square, all for a man with a VMS charde :s  (please do this for the next vehicular manslaughter charge you see :3)

• 4 years later...
On 10/16/2014 at 7:18 PM, Orpkoobcam said:

We are playing on a server. RP server. And some people are so fucking stupid, and has a lack of knowledge about the game mechanics, combined with a nice strong trigger finger. 

So yeah, I'm talking about the police, most I like, I and do let them know that I think it's nice how they keep Kavala safe (partly from me).

Though today/night, I experienced a cop just shooting me... Yes. He restrains me and I ask what has happened. So I had ran someone over (someone was breaking in to a vehicle in the middle of Kavala, I tried to evade the vehicle but failed to do so, he was hit  by the vehicle), though I had not heard the police man say anything untill just before he shot me, where I came to a full hold on my quadbike (in the middle of Kavala square, where I was picking up a friend). So I try to tell him that he should not have shot me since I had just come to a full hold, keeps jabbing on about how it's all nonsence, and trying to evade the talk about his failed attempt to be a cop and possibly saying sorry to me. I then tell him, after paying the 10k ticket, that I would post a thread on here because I wanted to know hoe off I was. Well he tells me that I can do nothing about his actions since I did not have video of it... wtf... If he thought he did the right thing why would he say something like that? Well that I never got an anwer to, instead someone I assume is an admin came by and said that yes you can infact get out of a moving vehicle, while this is true, I would have died, to which he does not agree. He says he will show me, instead he just takes his vehicle and goes to a full hold LIKE I DID (like I'm not SUPER retarded despite what some may think, but I am aware of breaks), after confronting him, the police officer comes over again and says that he is tired of the discussion, though it has nothing to do with him, but a game mechanic... That was about when I bailed, went away and logged, then wrote this.

TL;DR: read the above.

I'm not sure this is a server I wanna play on. I've seen german servers that has gotten my interest even though my german ist doch sehr schlecht.

Idk 

tell me if I'm off if I think this story seems unfair.

My ign is Orpkoobcam, idk if I can post the assumed admins or the cops ign names, but if I can you just need to ask for them.

Have a nice evening, I'm signing off to see a series. 

And thanks to all the good cops... hmmm... I might send in an application.

Dunno, if a cop literally said "there's nothing you can do because you have no proof, you weren't recording" that's a big red flag...

On 10/20/2014 at 3:15 AM, Bobey said:

Also

You would get your ghosthawk out and like, fast rope every cadet on into the square, all for a man with a VMS charde :s  (please do this for the next vehicular manslaughter charge you see :3)

@Bobey Did you know a military-grade fast rope costs over $1,500-$2,000?

I was researching grappling hooks for rappelling and I happened to come across how to create a makeshift one out of 8 strands of 11mm climbing rope.

Sorry, just thought I'd share.