Taxi's needs improvement

Is there any way we can make taxi's better  people would rather shoot a taxi driver in the face or to scared to request one because it could be a robber. That or they would rather suicide and re-spawn then request a taxi im just thinking there could possibly be a better way for taxi's or may as well take them out the game since no one uses them and the license is costly.

1.     Taxi Driver vehicles are not to be stolen

1.     This is not enforced while inside a red/illegal zone

2.     If you or a passenger attempt to engage in a hostile manner towards another player then the Taxi is no longer immune to being stolen.

1.     This simply means if you are flying someone around and they attempt to engage and kill/rob/hostage take another player your vehicle can then be stolen.

2.     If you are defending yourself from someone who has engaged on you first then it can not be stolen.

2.     Taxi drivers may be robbed of anything they have on their person or inside their vehicle.

1.     If instructed to unlock a vehicle, unlock it so the person may take any goods out of it but the vehicle can still not be stolen.

3.     If you refuse to unlock it for the purpose of letting a player steal the items then your vehicle may be picked and stolen.

4.     While "On-Duty" Taxi drivers may not partake in hostage taking or robbing others

1.     This also means you can not get someone and take them to another group to become a hostage willingly.

2.     If while driving someone, a group states to pull over so they can take the person hostage, you may abide by the demands to preserve your own life.

1.     You must inform the passenger why you are pulling over.

5.     Taxi drivers may issue a fee for driving a player from Point A to Point B

1.     The driver can receive this money before the drive if they wish but the price & place must be agreed upon first

2.     Once paid the Taxi driver must take the person to the agreed upon place.

3.     Taxi drivers are not to issue any fess unless they are giving a ride to a person and a fee amount has been agreed upon first..

6.     On-Duty is effective when a person is using a Taxi Skinned vehicle.

22 minutes ago, willi said:

can you please send me a link for taxi rules? because u give them a bill and they can accept to pay or deny ..............and u flew from the airport to kavala to pick them up .... or droped them off and give them the bill and they refuse to pay it

Back when I taxied, I would give them the invoice before the trip unless I knew them to be reliable customers. I suggest charging $1,500/km, as this is (or was) the amount per kilometer you get from package delivery missions. If you are a taxi, keep in mind that you will probably not make much money off of it, unless you gain enough popularity as a taxi to have people give you generous tips. But it's a fun job to have if you're ever just hanging out in Kavala and looking for some extra RP

taxi was made originally for a few select people who really only rpd as taxi drivers with that said there are  set rules   here are some 

"SPBojo" 

Taxi Driver vehicles are not to be stolen

This is not effective while inside a red/illegal zone

If you or a passenger attempt to engage in a hostile manner towards another player then the Taxi is no longer immune to being stolen.

This simply means if you are flying someone around and they attempt to engage and kill/rob/hostage take another player your vehicle can then be stolen.

If you are defending yourself from someone who has engaged on you first then it can not be stolen.

Taxi drivers may be robbed of anything they have on their person or inside their vehicle.

If instructed to unlock a vehicle, unlock it so the person may take any goods out of it but the vehicle can still not be stolen.

If you refuse to unlock it for the purpose of letting a player steal the items then your vehicle may be picked and stolen.

While "On-Duty" Taxi drivers may not partake in hostage taking or robbing others

This also means you can not get someone and take them to another group to become a hostage willingly.

If while driving someone, a group states to pull over so they can take the person hostage, you may abide by the demands to preserve your own life.

You must inform the passenger why you are pulling over.

Taxi drivers may issue a fee for driving a player from Point A to Point B

The driver can receive this money before the drive if they wish but the price & place must be agreed upon first

Once paid the Taxi driver must take the person to the agreed upon place.

Taxi drivers are not to issue any fess unless they are giving a ride to a person and a fee amount has been agreed upon first..

On-Duty is effective when a person is using a Taxi Skinned vehicle.

Some sort of toggleable official "on duty" switch is a very commonly requested feature. Taxis are immune to having their vehicle stolen - it helps but I agree with willi that more could be done.  Perhaps a rule such as: you may not attempt to kill or rob someone who contacted you via taxi dispatch unless they engaged you first.

Ideally, when you get your taxi license you'd get access to a dispatch menu like medics have, and civs who request a taxi would get a notification when a taxi driver decides to take their call. The dispatch menu could designate calls as "en route", "queued", or "decline service".

Another idea (a bit more out there): actually implement a meter, with customizable rates per km and per minute, just like in a real taxi.  Menu would have boxes to fill in the 2 rates, plus 4 buttons: start, reset, pause, charge fare. To prevent sketchiness surrounding actually collecting the fare, the "charge fare" function would charge the total on the meter while you and your passenger are inside a (optionally) locked vehicle. Passengers would have to click "ok" or "cancel" on a pop up after the driver tries to start the meter, in order to prevent abuse.

Even without implementing the meter, being able to charge fares while inside the vehicle would be a huge improvement and a huge safety buff for taxi drivers.

Other things: more vehicles! Taxi-skinned plane so you can paradrop people for hire but not worry about getting your plane stolen.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Ozzy Jones said:

Some sort of toggleable official "on duty" switch is a very commonly requested feature. Taxis are immune to having their vehicle stolen - it helps but I agree with willi that more could be done.  Perhaps a rule such as: you may not attempt to kill or rob someone who contacted you via taxi dispatch unless they engaged you first.

Ideally, when you get your taxi license you'd get access to a dispatch menu like medics have, and civs who request a taxi would get a notification when a taxi driver decides to take their call. The dispatch menu could designate calls as "en route", "queued", or "decline service".

Another idea (a bit more out there): actually implement a meter, with customizable rates per km and per minute, just like in a real taxi.  Menu would have boxes to fill in the 2 rates, plus 4 buttons: start, reset, pause, charge fare. To prevent sketchiness surrounding actually collecting the fare, the "charge fare" function would charge the total on the meter while you and your passenger are inside a (optionally) locked vehicle. Passengers would have to click "ok" or "cancel" on a pop up after the driver tries to start the meter, in order to prevent abuse.

Even without implementing the meter, being able to charge fares while inside the vehicle would be a huge improvement and a huge safety buff for taxi drivers.

Other things: more vehicles! Taxi-skinned plane so you can paradrop people for hire but not worry about getting your plane stolen.  

+7863

1 minute ago, Marty said:

+7863

whats +7863?

4 minutes ago, Ozzy Jones said:

yes this is what im talking about thanks for helping me explain :)

I used to do Taxi stuff all the time on the side. But making it now so that you have to either have a taxi or rebel license made me stop being a taxi. I think we should be able to own both, but I think people were using at as a place marker to go and rob/kill people. 

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, QKSILVR73 said:

But making it now so that you have to either have a taxi or rebel license made me stop being a taxi. I think we should be able to own both, but I think people were using at as a place marker to go and rob/kill people. 

THIS^