Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Few cop questions

Alright I have a few questions about the APD.

1. Can a cop repeatedly tase you if he is not in range or in combat and cannot reach you? Example: Cop A can't run out into the open to restrain someone, so he continuously tases them until its safe to restrain.

2. When do cops load lethals? I have heard you need to be a large threat, and I feel like once I've sat outside cop base and killed 15 cops, they should be guns hot on me.

3. Can a cop add charges that are illegitimate? I had a harvested kidney from my friend, and I was charged with drug possession from it. Not sure how that works.

4. When a cop tells me "APD Hands up!" I am allowed to react in a hostile way and begin shooting? I have never been called on it, but have heard from others it may not be allowed.

5. Is there a limit of waves to an illegal area? Me and my friends have fought off 3-4 waves at illegal areas and the cops don't stop.

6. During a 3-1, if we have the cop restrained and the third member runs away, when we unrestrain the cop, can he fire if there is only two watching?

Just a few things I want cleared up because the rules were semi-vague to me and just want to make sure there is no grey areas.

6 minutes ago, Titimus said:

1. Can a cop repeatedly tase you if he is not in range or in combat and cannot reach you? Example: Cop A can't run out into the open to restrain someone, so he continuously tases them until its safe to restrain.

2. When do cops load lethals? I have heard you need to be a large threat, and I feel like once I've sat outside cop base and killed 15 cops, they should be guns hot on me.

3. Can a cop add charges that are illegitimate? I had a harvested kidney from my friend, and I was charged with drug possession from it. Not sure how that works.

4. When a cop tells me "APD Hands up!" I am allowed to react in a hostile way and begin shooting? I have never been called on it, but have heard from others it may not be allowed.

5. Is there a limit of waves to an illegal area? Me and my friends have fought off 3-4 waves at illegal areas and the cops don't stop.

6. During a 3-1, if we have the cop restrained and the third member runs away, when we unrestrain the cop, can he fire if there is only two watching?

Just a few things I want cleared up because the rules were semi-vague to me and just want to make sure there is no grey areas.

1) yes he can

2) there’s a few different scenarios but yes being outnumbered is one. If cops responded to you killing them 3 times then they could load lethal. However not every cop can load lethal because they aren’t high enough rank so maybe that’s why they didn’t.

3) organ harvesting is a drug charge because most people sell them to black market for money and it’s also an illegal item

4) yes if they say APD hands up that is engaging rp so you can shoot after you hear it

5) there is no limit on waves. Lethal can be loaded at wave 3 if they wish

6) if he agreed to a deal (for example him to drop his weapon or vest) he can’t shoot you when you unrestrained him even if it’s just you, that’s Fail RP.

Hope this helped a bit

1. He can as long as it it warranted.

2. After 2 failed attempts or other special circumstances. Requires Corpora generally 

3. Charge is there :P that is an automatic one when they search you and find a kidney.

4. Of course! Light him up!

5. No wave limit. Best thing to do is dip and come back after you hid for a couple minutes.

6. Nope. Once he is restrained, he is you hostage and must comply with any demands you have.

@Titimus

I was reading the APD handbook and it says that if a cop is killed twice while attempting to use non-lethals, they are authorized to used lethals. I may be blind but I didn't see anything about them not being a high enough rank. Im glad that it cleared.

Alright, I killed one cop about 6 times attempting to get lethaled to lose my bounty, and he relentlessly tased me until he ran the 300-400m to my body.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Titimus said:

1. Can a cop repeatedly tase you if he is not in range or in combat and cannot reach you? Example: Cop A can't run out into the open to restrain someone, so he continuously tases them until its safe to restrain. Yes. They can continuously tase you as long as they are making an effort to get to you or get backup. 

2. When do cops load lethals? I have heard you need to be a large threat, and I feel like once I've sat outside cop base and killed 15 cops, they should be guns hot on me. When tasers are not deemed fit for cpl+. When a cpl+ is outnumbered 3 to 1. When any officer has been through 2 individual waves cpl and higher can. When youre in the water, unreachable place. Etc. Refer to the handbook for more details. 

3. Can a cop add charges that are illegitimate? I had a harvested kidney from my friend, and I was charged with drug possession from it. Not sure how that works. Drug possession is automatic. No they cannot add illegitimate charges unless you give them permission to. 

4. When a cop tells me "APD Hands up!" I am allowed to react in a hostile way and begin shooting? I have never been called on it, but have heard from others it may not be allowed. Yes because you are then engaged. 

5. Is there a limit of waves to an illegal area? Me and my friends have fought off 3-4 waves at illegal areas and the cops don't stop. No limit. Just have to continue following wave rule. 

6. During a 3-1, if we have the cop restrained and the third member runs away, when we unrestrain the cop, can he fire if there is only two watching? per server rules once you are a hostage you must comply and drop all of your things. Once they have been restrained, you don't need a 3 to 1 ratio anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Titimus said:

1: As long as they're making an effort to get to your location and restrain you

2: Corp or higher is outnumbered 3 - 1. An Officer of any rank has been through at least 2 waves. Or if your in an area that the cops can't get to you and restrain you. ex: on top of a roof, underwater

3: An officer can add a max of 1 illegitimate charge if the suspect gives the officer permission. And for the kidney, you are charged for organ harvesting when you take someone's kidney. If an officer searches you and find's a kidney on you. When the officer seizes the kidney, drug possession is automatically added to you.

4: Yes, you can shoot back. "APD Hands up" is engagement

5: There is no limit on the amount of times they can come back. As long as they follow wave rule

6: If the cop is taken hostage, he must comply to the demands of the hostage taker. 

1 hour ago, Titimus said:

I was reading the APD handbook and it says that if a cop is killed twice while attempting to use non-lethals, they are authorized to used lethals. I may be blind but I didn't see anything about them not being a high enough rank. Im glad that it cleared.

Alright, I killed one cop about 6 times attempting to get lethaled to lose my bounty, and he relentlessly tased me until he ran the 300-400m to my body.

300-400 meters is quite a long run, if they have to repeatedly tase u until another officer can get to u, they may 

1 hour ago, Titimus said:

The rank of Corporal and above have lethals. The apd ranks go as follows> 

Deputy
Patrol Officer 
Corporal 
Sergeant
Lieutenant
Deputy chief of police
Chief of police 

3 hours ago, Titimus said:

only a corporal or SR apd can load lethals. below that deputys and patrol officers are not allowed based on the third wave. only time pos can is with an sdar if your locked up in a house or unreachable ie on a roof only as a last resort when all else has failed or SR apd authorise us to use them. oh i also forgot. if you tase a cop and a corporal or higher is on they can load lethals