Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 3/9/18

This rule change is effective immediately. 

Post any questions/concerns below.

Chapter V - Hostage Situations

1. Any player who partakes in the tasing and/or restraining and/or robbing of an APD officer will be charged with hostage situation.

Chapter IX - Searches and Seizures

1. Warrants

1. Search Warrants
      1. Searching a house/gang shed is authorized when:

1. An APD member has a form of probable cause (bounty, illegal weapon, etc.) and witnesses a civilian interacting with and/or shooting out of a house/gang shed in any form. The Sergeant or higher has discretion on whether or not to conduct a search.

Chapter XII - Fines and Penalties

1. Jail
    1. If a player has a combined total of 15 or more Manslaughter, LEO Manslaughter, Vehicular Manslaughter, and Gang Homicide charges they are considered a serial killer

Chapter XIV - APD Aircraft

1. Airplane Patrols

1. Airplane recon patrols can be performed by an APD member, with the approval of a Corporal or higher.

1. You may perform recon over illegal areas without using lights and sirens.

2. Fixed Wing Patrol - The Fixed Wing Aircraft can be used for both recon and rapid response. For standard patrols, the APD may employ the use of parachutes.

1. Minimum Crew - Pilot - Corporal or higher must be present.

2. These patrols require an additional unit to engage using code 3 in illegal areas if the patrol utilizes parachutes, or landing to engage suspects.

3. Armed Fixed Wing Patrol - The Armed Plane patrols are conducted by Sergeants or higher. These patrols can be used for both recon and rapid response.

1. Armed Planes will follow Ghosthawk engagement rules.

1. Exception - Armed Planes can engage ground units.

2. Armed planes may mirror the guns hot status of any active Ghosthawks. However, this does not apply vice-versa.

1. If a Ghosthawk is guns hot, then any Armed Plane in the area will also be guns hot.

4. M-900

1. Patrol Officers and higher are permitted to utilize the M900 exclusively for transportation to federal events/terror.

2. Any use other than transportation to a federal event/terror will need the authorization of an online Corporal or higher.

Chapter XVI - Training Facility

1. The APD Training Facility (located in Pyrgos) must only be utilized for the purpose of training. Any officers found abusing the features of the training dome and/or interrupting an ongoing APD training are subject to discipline.

Other Notes (That have to do with the recent development update): 

Corporals can pardon specific charges as they see fit (obviously should be within reason and justifiable.). Don't worry about any 50% crap here. Just obviously don't be pardoning big name charges

Cops found sitting next to courthouse just to fuck with civilians trying to get their stuff paid can be subject to disciplinary action

The M-900 was not needed. We ran the stats for time it takes to get to federal events (soon to get the gyazo for it), long story short: it actually didn't change much. Also this is to compensate for the fact that there is a stack for most federal events, thus people stuck in an area a distance away from the federal event should encourage a corp+ that joins to spawn nearby and take them to the event. 

I also threw an easter egg somewhere in the handbook. Shouldn't take long to find it

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Proud said:

No more M-900? rip

Wasn't necessary. In the case of even one of the federal events, the hatchback was faster when testing was done. Obviously I expect crashes, but as long as we aren't losing more than a minute and a half in most cases then it shouldn't make a big difference.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Extrentic said:

kid youre permed back to asylum

Yes, I'm permed, but explain to me this, how can a permed person be on the Olympus Servers doing a black water?

32 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Wasn't necessary. In the case of even one of the federal events, the hatchback was faster when testing was done. Obviously I expect crashes, but as long as we aren't losing more than a minute and a half in most cases then it shouldn't make a big difference.

I mean, its good cuz I remember id take 20 years trying to land the thing.

• Like 1