Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Server Rule update 4/20/2018

3 hours ago, Booty Call said:

Jesus Christ your fucking retarded writing a whole damn paragraph over someone else disliking a rule, It’s a dogshit rule because it’s not necessary to ban people over fucking interrupting some precious deputies training god forbid they experience what it’s actually like being a cop right away not some fucking simulation 

Because when you constantly interrupt, there's a much larger chance that something will be missed. And then you'll be the one bitching that an undertrained cop messed up your immersion and that apd sucks. 

Or the fact that if people keep interrupting, sr. apd will end up doing trainings less often, resulting in longer wait times. Why is it a big issue for you? Because people are trying to make the game just a bit more pleasant as a whole? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lucki said:

Because when you constantly interrupt, there's a much larger chance that something will be missed. And then you'll be the one bitching that an undertrained cop messed up your immersion and that apd sucks. 

Or the fact that if people keep interrupting, sr. apd will end up doing trainings less often, resulting in longer wait times. Why is it a big issue for you? Because people are trying to make the game just a bit more pleasant as a whole? 

Kid is retarded you cant beat sense into retards 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

This has been a long time coming. I remember doing trainings at AAC HQ back in mid-2015 and on occasion, a Staff member would send a server-wide message notifying everybody there was a training taking place and if it was to be interfered with, the offenders would be banned. I specifically remember doing a training with then Moderator/LT HamOfMoose where the server-wide warning was sent before we started training. Glad to finally see this codified. 

AAC HQ, I remember cloak and co1t doing my first training there in sub 5 minutes. 

44 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Why not put up a full on training server using the Olympus mission file like Asylum does? This way you can do more than just basic trainings that happen now which could include trainings that cover tactics for bw, fed etc? 

Previous chief had made several remarks of trainings being useless, etc, for blackwaters, feds, jails. That they wouldn't help at all. Coming from Asylum, I felt that the APD trainings were useful for those who only played mainly cop, etc. Dunno if Rex has the same feeling of this. However, as of now we don't do it because it was shot down several times as something that is not needed.

Most certainly would be do-able, however, only would do it if it were to be used.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Previous chief had made several remarks of trainings being useless, etc, for blackwaters, feds, jails. That they wouldn't help at all. Coming from Asylum, I felt that the APD trainings were useful for those who only played mainly cop, etc. Dunno if Rex has the same feeling of this. However, as of now we don't do it because it was shot down several times as something that is not needed.

Most certainly would be do-able, however, only would do it if it were to be used.

I was APD on Asylum a long time (retired as Lt) and one of the biggest differences I saw when I joined Olympus APD was the severe lack of training. There's no discernible call outs or tactics for BW or fed, it's usually "just zerg and jump in while we wait on wave 2 for Cpl+ to lethal". Also, when I first got deputy, people called out gate numbers but during deputy training, nobody told us what the callouts are so we had to ask during the fed. I just think training would be a good thing overall if done right on a separate server.

10 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

I was APD on Asylum a long time (retired as Lt) and one of the biggest differences I saw when I joined Olympus APD was the severe lack of training. There's no discernible call outs or tactics for BW or fed, it's usually "just zerg and jump in while we wait on wave 2 for Cpl+ to lethal". Also, when I first got deputy, people called out gate numbers but during deputy training, nobody told us what the callouts are so we had to ask during the fed. I just think training would be a good thing overall if done right on a separate server.

I mean I don't disagree. I had that exact same experience when I got cop here. Other arguments and such however were things like that sAPD doesn't want to make even more work and some other stuff along those lines. IDK. I agree with it, however doesn't mean everyone else does.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:34 PM, Dirty Scrubz said:

On 4/21/2018 at 5:45 PM, Jesse said:

I mean I don't disagree. I had that exact same experience when I got cop here. Other arguments and such however were things like that sAPD doesn't want to make even more work and some other stuff along those lines. IDK. I agree with it, however doesn't mean everyone else does.

When we used to hold trainings it barely helped. Sure, people can learn callouts, but it only takes 1 or 2 feds to remember where gate 1 is and the numbering scheme for them. Two days after we trained one or two tactics, every gang on the server knew it and figured out a way to counter it. Any sort of tactic would fall apart because only a 3rd of the people actually knew it, a third was willing to try it, and then the last third was a bunch of idiots that thought they were Chris Kyle with Stings. 

Don't get me wrong, I agree that feds are often disorganized, but that is unfortunately going to be the case when you have such a large community with APD members that play more civ than they do cop. Feds in the old days used to be really well fought by APD. Even if only 5 cops were on, you still needed at least 8 or 10 people to stand a chance. But that was also when there were about 60-70 APD members, a majority of which were very active players. Now there are about 300 members, a good portion of which play the bare majority to maintain their APD status. APD once functioned as well as some of the top gangs, because they were small enough that everyone knew each other and how everyone fit in. You knew which cops were great at CQC, which ones could snipe from 500m away, which ones were the best pilots, etc. 

• Like 2