Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Server Rule update 4/20/2018

Chapter 23: Interacting with Whitelist Training

Hide contents
  1. When APD Training is occurring in game, no player is allowed to interfere with the training. 
    1. If a civilian is caught interfering with training, they will be sent straight to jail, and be banned by Olympus Staff
    2. APD officers cannot use training as a shield (they cannot take civilians they have caught into a training to avoid being attacked by other civilians)
    3. People who interfere with training may suffer a blacklist by the Senior APD 
  2. When R&R Training is occurring in game, no player is allowed to interfere with the training. 
    1. If a civilian is caught interfering, they will be banned by Olympus Staff
    2. People who interfere with training may suffer a blacklist by the Senior R&R 

I posted this cause when Peter did he got downvoted and didn't enjoy it.

What if I go to a HQ to go get cop gear with  my gang but there’s a training and I get a fucking ban because I’m playing the game normally but god forbid I even interact with the APD during a training 

1 minute ago, Booty Call said:

What if I go to a HQ to go get cop gear with  my gang but there’s a training and I get a fucking ban because I’m playing the game normally but god forbid I even interact with the APD during a training 

They would be in the training dome. Not rocket science... just don’t interfere 

21 minutes ago, PE7E said:

They would be in the training dome. Not rocket science... just don’t interfere 

So if i suicide vest the training dome I would say that’s “Interfering” but I have a feeling it’s gonna turn into ultra gray zone shit some gangs going to try and save there buddy while a deputy is in training processing the suspect and there gonna get fucked in the ass by another fucking gray area that could easily be avoided 

29 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

How would you even know if they are training? If I were driving past neo and saw a few deputies, Corp and a senior my first thought wouldn't be that they're training.

24 minutes ago, Booty Call said:

They should be fair game if they are not at the training dome in Prygos HQ. 

Just now, Booty Call said:

So if i suicide vest the training dome I would say that’s “Interfering” but I have a feeling it’s gonna turn into ultra gray zone shit some gangs going to try and save there buddy while a deputy is in training processing the suspect and there gonna get fucked in the ass by another fucking gray area that could easily be avoided 

1. APD officers cannot use training as a shield (they cannot take civilians they have caught into a training to avoid being attacked by other civilians)
3 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:
  1. APD officers cannot use training as a shield (they cannot take civilians they have caught into a training to avoid being attacked by other civilians)

Plus, there should also be code preventing APD from locking the dome while civilians are nearby.

1 hour ago, Bloodmoon said:

How would you even know if they are training? If I were driving past neo and saw a few deputies, Corp and a senior my first thought wouldn't be that they're training.

They wouldn’t be training at Neo anyway, they would be at Pyrgos in the specified training dome. If you run into Pyrgos HQ and see cops in the training dome, expect there to be a training.

20 minutes ago, kev said:

So we can sit outside waiting for training to end

I mean yeah you can, but if I was a SGT training a bunch of deputies I'll just deploy them to other servers or tell them to respawn kavala or whatever.

Please understand that Whitelisted factions have to train their new recruits it's not like they can just stop or go on a private server with Olympus stuff on it. For a while now Trainings have been interrupted and that just slows down a process in which Sr Faction members are obligated to do on their own time.

22 minutes ago, McDili said:

I mean yeah you can, but if I was a SGT training a bunch of deputies I'll just deploy them to other servers or tell them to respawn kavala or whatever.

Please understand that Whitelisted factions have to train their new recruits it's not like they can just stop or go on a private server with Olympus stuff on it. For a while now Trainings have been interrupted and that just slows down a process in which Sr Faction members are obligated to do on their own time.

To play devil's advocate here.

Aren't Seniors already obligated to put in a certain amount of hours?

How is this any different?

Also if an officer is in the HQ and wishes to help mold the new generation of APD officers why shouldn't they take such a positive initiative?

Also there is a story behind every rule and I feel that the story behind this one should be very amusing

Just now, sploding said:

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make, I did mention it is an obligation in my post.

Just now, sploding said:

Also if an officer is in the HQ and wishes to help mold the new generation of APD officers why shouldn't they take such a positive initiative?

Also there is a story behind every rule and I feel that the story behind this one should be very amusing

Not really much of a story, this rule was suggested with the last Chief months ago and we elected to do a training dome instead because I'm not personally a fan of magical god rules even if they are sometimes necessary.

The dome hasn't been that effective since people can shoot through it anyway. Instead of go through the trouble of making it saturated with objects and having developers code even more nonsense into it we just decided to make the rule during the most recent staff meeting on Sunday. The story is as I imagine pretty similar for every instance, something along the lines of civs shooting through the dome or tazing through the dome deliberately interfering with training for easy cop gear or just to be a nuisance. Like I said, training has to get done, these cops need to understand the basics before being set loose. 

I'm also unsure of what you mean about positive initiative.

• Admin
1 hour ago, sploding said:

Seniors are obligated to put in an amount of time accumulated between in game and paperwork. If someone does paperwork (P.O. tests, deputy tests, etc) then they don’t need to put as much or any time in game if they don’t want as they put it in elsewhere. When they’re doing deputy trainings, they’re doing it as part of the testing requirement. They’re not playing for fun. They’re not doing training because it brings them joy. Training deputies can be boring and aggravating as all hell. So, they should at least have the grace of doing it without interruption. 

Also, there is no specific story. People interrupting trainings has been a problem for a long time now. Especially before the training room was changed from public. In the old TS everyone always knew when training was happening. @ OG trident who came and stole a hawk robbed Srs of their gear while having a spawned in hawk on @DeadPool first training. 

• Haha 1

If 3 members of (Y) gang get tazed and taken back to HQ and more members of (Y) attempt to attack and rescue their gang mates, how would this work during training, cuz if I am breaking into hq im killing any apd member see, whos to say something won't interrupt training and then come to aid their fellow officers.

???

18 minutes ago, Dαnte said:

Seniors are obligated to put in an amount of time accumulated between in game and paperwork. If someone does paperwork (P.O. tests, deputy tests, etc) then they don’t need to put as much or any time in game if they don’t want as they put it in elsewhere. When they’re doing deputy trainings, they’re doing it as part of the testing requirement. They’re not playing for fun. They’re not doing training because it brings them joy. Training deputies can be boring and aggravating as all hell. So, they should at least have the grace of doing it without interruption. 

Also, there is no specific story. People interrupting trainings has been a problem for a long time now. Especially before the training room was changed from public. In the old TS everyone always knew when training was happening. @ OG trident who came and stole a hawk on @DeadPool first training. 

Idk what you're talking about, every time Ive got to do trainings Ive found it fun. If training is boring the issue is how you're running it.

6 minutes ago, Metro said:

If 3 members of (Y) gang get tazed and taken back to HQ and more members of (Y) attempt to attack and rescue their gang mates, how would this work during training, cuz if I am breaking into hq im killing any apd member see, whos to say something won't interrupt training and then come to aid their fellow officers.

???

For the sake of fairness, I would hope that it would be common sense that people administering training in the Pyrgos HQ don't interfere with the situation until the training is over.

8 minutes ago, Metro said:

???

APD officers cannot use training as a shield (they cannot take civilians they have caught into a training to avoid being attacked by other civilians)

2 minutes ago, Destruct said:

For the sake of fairness, I would hope that it would be common sense that people doing trianing in the Pyrgos HQ don't interfere with the situation until the training is over.

Ok so if apd catch someone in pyrgos they are not to go to pyrgos hq? and drive all the way to air? hmm? Ok.

21 minutes ago, Dαnte said:

Also, there is no specific story. People interrupting trainings has been a problem for a long time now. Especially before the training room was changed from public. In the old TS everyone always knew when training was happening. @ OG trident who came and stole a hawk on @DeadPool first training. 

They didn’t steal a hawk on me. It was me and @Gibbs doing my first training as a sgt. I was restrained as they landed and tased all the deputies before I could get unrestrained. Gibbs couldn’t react in time. They took us to the island near Tree island or near mushroom cartel robbed us. Then ignis was flying by saw 5 naked cops restrained alone. He picked us up and went after them and wouldn’t let me store my gear. I pulled 3 hawks for that orca. 

It was also because of that moment when goat demoted me I asked for a training dome to be implemented so cop training is not interrupted. It is essential for a new cop to learn the basics and necessary tools of being a cop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Admin
3 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

They didn’t steal a hawk on me. It was me and @Gibbs doing my first training as a sgt. I was restrained as they landed and tased all the deputies before I could get unrestrained. Gibbs couldn’t react in time. They took us to the island near Tree island or near mushroom cartel robbed us. Then ignis was flying by saw 5 naked cops restrained alone. He picked us up and went after them and wouldn’t let me store my gear. I pulled 3 hawks for that orca. 

It was also because of that moment when goat demoted me I asked for a training dome to be implemented so cop training is not interrupted. It is essential for a new cop to learn the basics and necessary tools of being a cop.

Yeah they had a spawned in hawk. I wonder who’s fault that was :o @Grandma Gary