How does the APD ranking system really work

So I just wanted to know how the ranking system works for the Sergeants and such. I'm not trying to draw attention to my story or anything but only because I am genuinely curious because I see people getting Patrol Officer all the time.

So I have been a Deputy for 7 weeks and have played Cop for 4748 minutes and in that time I had only asked for a ride along twice, first because I was joking and expected nothing of it, and second because I was told by Ace to do so. I had only been asked once how long I had been around and that was by Snake after I gave him the info to my original to APD application he left and never spoke of it again.

So last night I was playing with a bunch of guys on server two and at then end of the night I was chatting with the other Deputy that was with us and my time on Olympus came up and all the Corporals told me that I should have said something a long time ago about a ride along and I told them that I thought asking just got you in big trouble and they said that after playing for a 1000+minutes I shouldve said something about it, right before I got off I was told by Ace that he would update my notes andthat if anyone was on later I should ask them for a ride along...

So today I was playing on Server 3 and I saw that Ares came on when I asked him if he was available for a quick ride along and that I was told by Ace to ask for one he said "There is no point in asking it just puts you at the bottom of the list". So I was confused how this works

How does a Sergeant and such decide if someone gets a ride along? Do you have to be recommended? (Commonly spoken of as a way to get promoted). Do you have to be recognized as a capable Deputy?(If this than please explain). Does someone just look up your stats and decides that this player has been around long enough he should know the rules well enough? I just want to know how the proccess works because I would really like to work towards a promotion and Im sure others would too

I dont know if this is against forum rules to post this here if so I am sorry

If this is annoying cause you see it as a Deputy bitching about stupid shit then let me know and I will just remove it 

be best friends with the higher ups and you will get promoted in no time

This is a typical reactionary post that spews hate rather than producing anything productive.

Regarding your question, SGTs+ just kind of Do ridealongs when they can. If you happen to be on during that time, you'll get one. It's kind of how it works.

First of all man, im not trying to burst a bubble there is quite a few patrol officers already, and people who have become them way to early to tend to be terrible cops in general, im not saying the belongs to you as it might not.  Ride along abide to those who have come to deserve it, i do recommend playing with a sergeant or above only so that they can see you are capable, i have personally recommended 4 deputies and all 4 have passed and moved along to P.O, when playing with your P.O ask them how you did and see if there is anything you can do better ECT. i have had quite a few deps ask me this and i have either made on the spot corrections or i have recommended them for what they can do better. Please ensure that the P.O's are doing their job and judging your performance as a deputy and i guarantee you shall be promoted before you know it.

• Like 2

First of all man, im not trying to burst a bubble there is quite a few patrol officers already, and people who have become them way to early to tend to be terrible cops in general, im not saying the belongs to you as it might not.  Ride along abide to those who have come to deserve it, i do recommend playing with a sergeant or above only so that they can see you are capable, i have personally recommended 4 deputies and all 4 have passed and moved along to P.O, when playing with your P.O ask them how you did and see if there is anything you can do better ECT. i have had quite a few deps ask me this and i have either made on the spot corrections or i have recommended them for what they can do better. Please ensure that the P.O's are doing their job and judging your performance as a deputy and i guarantee you shall be promoted before you know it.

I know what you mean by that but Im just wondering why two months isnt long enough and I have played with Corporals and such while doing jail breaks and Fed robberies and I find that usually I do everything correctly maybe no everything I do is perfect but I guess you have to really impress someone before they recommend you but I will ask P.O.'s and such about my performance from now I cant believe I didnt think of that earlier.

This is a typical reactionary post that spews hate rather than producing anything productive.

Regarding your question, SGTs+ just kind of Do ridealongs when they can. If you happen to be on during that time, you'll get one. It's kind of how it works.

Okay I see that now. I'm also not trying to start anything with the thread I was genuinely curious how this worked.

who's BurBan?

It's this whole other gang...

P.O. = Donate lots of money.

Anything higher = Be Burban. 

Duhhhh

Kappa

Lawl

This ^^^^

Just wait. I'm a deputy as well with 1808 minutes. Begging for it won't help.

I think there should be an automated system, that, after reaching so many minutes of APD playtime, you'd be put into a filter that sergeants could see, making eligible deputies more recognizable than perhaps someone that just got into P.O., but that'd probably be problematic.

All in due time, I suppose.

I think time in grade doesn't really matter; it takes longer for some to learn the ropes while some get the objective in a short period of time. For me, I got P.O. after 7 days, (I forgot how many minutes I had logged) but Ebzekro got it in a shorter period of time, and that's because he's damn good. If you perform well in front of the right people, then you'll get it. Just stay sharp on the handbook, ticket guides, and rule changes and you'll be alright.

Just wait. I'm a deputy as well with 1808 minutes. Begging for it won't help.

I think there should be an automated system, that, after reaching so many minutes of APD playtime, you'd be put into a filter that sergeants could see, making eligible deputies more recognizable than perhaps someone that just got into P.O., but that'd probably be problematic.

All in due time, I suppose.

I haven't ever asked anyone while being serious about it until today nor did I mention anything about how long I had been a deputy so I wasn't begging or anything I was genuinely curious how the system works from the other end

I think time in grade doesn't really matter; it takes longer for some to learn the ropes while some get the objective in a short period of time. For me, I got P.O. after 7 days, (I forgot how many minutes I had logged) but Ebzekro got it in a shorter period of time, and that's because he's damn good. If you perform well in front of the right people, then you'll get it. Just stay sharp on the handbook, ticket guides, and rule changes and you'll be alright.

Yeah I keep forgetting to check the forums for the updates but now its my homepage for one of my browsers so I will stay more up to date with all the changes and updates I just thought that someone might think that by now I should be ready to be evaluated. and another fine point was that sometimes I wonder if people fail their ride along and get demoted from deputy to nothing

I know a few deputies that have turned down ride-alongs and stay at deputy. I would imagine if you fail a ride-along, you would stay at deputy until the senior staff think you're ready to be reevaluated. You have to do something really stupid to be kicked out.

Guest Ebzekro

It's not like I got it after two days or anything. It was five days. Thanks, for the compliment though man. Really means a lot, and I'm not just saying that :)

• Like 2

Well, Somebody who is a perfect example of this is someone we all know and love dearly.. Mr McDili.. Not BurBan, Not a huge Donator, simply because,

1. He know's most of the rules, (I say most because there are still times when I have to go to higher-ups to clarify something and I get conflicting answers) not that it's a bad thing, as I think there's a fuck load of rules (Again, NOT a bad thing)

2. His RP kicks ass, This is an RP community after all.. Right? I had 6500 minutes before I went and asked for my P.O. Test (Never got offered), I hear people complaining about having 1500/2000 minutes complaining (When these kids themselves couldn't RP themselves). To sum it up, if you have 100,000 minutes on cop, but your RP sucks ass, then what's the point? The higher-up you are, the more you are expected to RP, what's the point in having a guy in a commanding role over people who are honour-bound to RP, who can't RP themselves. I remember torturing McDili in Kavala Square when he was a lowly cadet, but he still RP'ed, it everytime, no matter how many times I killed him with a rook.

3. Dedication, You've gotta be that guy who's willing to hop into a room with 3 fresh-outta-training cadets when you're constantly being RDM'ed in Kavala, having the same question "can I get charges added???" every 7 seconds, now I know I said what I said in the point above, but Dedication and RP would go hand in hand, I've got 11,000 minutes as cop now, but it still feels pretty new, I admit, there's still 1 or 2 rules that occasionally tickle my ole' rememberin factory, so pliz, don't complain when you haven't been offered your P.O. test in 3 days, (Not to mention McDili has just over 20,000 cop minutes the sweaty bastard)

4. APD Bullshit Gossip, McDili doesn't gossip about anybody. even if somebody starts off a bad sentence about somebody, McDili always finishes it with something nice, If you're going to bitch about people's promotions/demotions/black/whitelists keep it to yourself, or your close friends, otherwise if you just go blabbing it to every Savage, McDili, Paperbot (Tom, Dick and Harry) you sound like a bitch, who quite frankly cares TOO much about something that's here for your entertainment.

5. Playing with higher-ups, this goes hand in hand with the point above, just because you see someone playing with a higher up, don't assume they're sucking up to them to get promoted, I've been playing with McDili since I started cop, and nothing has changed since he got Sergeant, minus the fact that I no longer need to carry 27 MXC mags to pointlessly try and shoot down an Orca/Mohawk. How else do the higher-ups know you are progressing the way you should be? Can't be everywhere.

6. Final but most important point, Be skurred of Snake, it serves you better than being a dick. Figured that out.

But this post sums up in my opinion the main sort of points to rise through the ranks as quickly and as effectively as possible, or what seems to make sense to me anyways. fuck this is far more typing that I planned on doing..

..Moob out!

I like Moob's post.

Role-play is a key factor, no doubt about it. If you aren't role-playing, you're also not getting promoted as far as I understand. Not accusing you of any of this, but as a general pointer, role-play your situations. I promise you, almost every player will be a LOT nicer if you role-play with them; have fun with them. Anytime you see McDili arrest someone, he throws on a new character almost every time, and it's so entertaining to watch and hear. All of his processe

I've been a deputy for two weeks and been recording my gameplays, posting them on YouTube for fun, til Snake came to me and interviewed me for the P.O. spot. I was hype and ready for any questions he asked. It do take time and honor to get what you need, but also be patient too. I mean I have experience of being a cop on different servers and being promoted to high ranks in game. So I bring my skills to the table and if the higher ups sees it, then you got the spot. I'm just saying it that don't force out there, let it ride out and your day will come bro. Also roleplay is the key my friend, without that you'll never get what you want

I was a deputy for 8 weeks, played with hollow man with one day and he recommended me snake pulled me in and promoted me. Ez pz. Patience is key, just asking (in the wrong section too, please get APD tags) Shows imaturity, we understand you're eager, but trust me, when you get PO you may not even be ready i thought i was, i wasnt its a whole different ball game. Just RP, play cop, and have fun. I thought P.O. would be the most bad ass thing its really not, the gun is cool but way over kill unless there is a Jailbreak or fed, even then, during a fed i took back gate all alone with a PO7 and tazed and restrained 4 people.  Good luck

-Your fellow officer, 

Dustin.