is it rdm to shoot out my tires before initiation?

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So. If I shoot out some tires on a truck, don't even strike the driver once. He then gets out and shoots at me, which I then in turn claim self defense and lay his ass out and kill him. I'm now going to be banned for RDM even though... technically he is the one who attempted to RDM me but failed? At that point we were both claiming self defense.

How did he try to rdm you?  You shot at him first.  You are telling me if someone shoots at your vehicle and it only hits your vehicle not you that you are not engaged?

Just now, Thomas said:

How did he try to rdm you?  You shot at him first.  You are telling me if someone shoots at your vehicle and it only hits your vehicle not you that you are not engaged?

No I shot his tire... When did a tire become the same thing as a player? Wut?

35 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So. If I shoot out some tires on a truck, don't even strike the driver once. He then gets out and shoots at me, which I then in turn claim self defense and lay his ass out and kill him. I'm now going to be banned for RDM even though... technically he is the one who attempted to RDM me but failed? At that point we were both claiming self defense.

Obvious troll.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:34 PM, Plumber said:

I'll tell you how I deal with the situation since people want to skirt rules. 

He shoots your tire and you shoot back and kill him you win.

He shoots your tire and you shoot back but still die by him even after you have shot at him. I ban him.

So basically if he skirts rules like that and kills you even after you shoot back I will ban anyways. So it's a win win for you. You either kill him or he gets banned

Can we get a writen rule for this to avoid it in the future 

This server rule, while well intentioned, is unnecessary. The vast majority of the time anyone is running something of moderate to high value, they’re going to be armed. So if player x sees player y rolling around in a tempest full of platinum or whatever and begins shooting out the tires then player x should still be required to verbally initiate (texting them during or after shooting the tires out would be unfair to the driver) the driver and give them 5 seconds to respond. This way player y now has a few options:

1. Call 911 and hope APD shows up (I always respond to these types of calls if I’m nearby)

2. Wait for the perp to walk up to your car and as he’s verbally initiating you blast him because he’s required to verbally initiate but you aren’t.

3. Surrender and hope you bought insurance.

I think the above would be the most logical way of approaching this short of building in a point and click initiation mechanism (which I have seen on a Chinese rip of Asylum and it worked really well).

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
3 hours ago, McDili said:

Obvious troll.

So what’s the answer boss. Because I was going to type exactly what Jesse said... it’s self defence at that point... I’d just have better aim. 

5 hours ago, John Wayne said:

So what’s the answer boss. Because I was going to type exactly what Jesse said... it’s self defence at that point... I’d just have better aim. 

We've already answered this twice.... there's no way any staff member is not going to consider that being fired upon if the vehicle is occupied. If you shoot tires without saying anything and the player shoots back, but you kill him anyway, it's RDM. You started shooting without saying anything, just because someone decides to defend themselves because they don't wanna deal with making the report and comp request doesn't mean you're absolved of the violation when you ultimately kill him. This is how it has ALWAYS been and people have ALWAYS received bans for this when reported. Nothing has changed.

• 2 weeks later...

What @McDili and all staff are saying is this:

- If you shoot at some scrub in Kavala with a rook without engagement and miss, they return fire, then you kill them, that is RDM for skirting rules

- If you shoot at someone tires WHILE THEY ARE IN VEHICLE without engagement, and they get out and shoot at you, and you kill them, that is RDM for skirting rules

The reason is this, you initiated shooting at them without RP. The fact that its a car or tires is irrelevant, its the fact you fired 'reasonable' at them and then killed them without engagement. There is NO BAN for 'Attempted RDM' - however the player you attempted to RDM is allowed to defend themselves...if you continue to shoot at them, your initial engagement was against the rules, therefor until the engagement is over (5 mins of no exchange of fire or chase) you are NOT allowed to kill them since your part in the engagement was initiated by breaking rules...

________

Think of it this way (this analogy is for @Dante )

In hockey - if i cross the blue line (engagement) before the puck, I am offsides (or breaking the rules), but I am ok, as long as i or my teammates don't touch the puck until i cross back over the blue line (engagement over). Then I am allowed to cross the blue line again and attack the puck (engage) within the rules.

BOOM LAWYERED 

5 minutes ago, MAV said:

Think of it this way (this analogy is for @Dante )

In hockey - if i cross the blue line (engagement) before the puck, I am offsides (or breaking the rules), but I am ok, as long as i or my teammates don't touch the puck until i cross back over the blue line (engagement over). Then I am allowed to cross the blue line again and attack the puck (engage) within the rules.

Best. Analogy. Ever. 

• Like 1