Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

is it rdm to shoot out my tires before initiation?

Like i had my oil truck and it had 200 processed oil in it that i was gonna take to my house. some guy shot out all my tires untill i came to a hault then told me hands up or die. this is bs right? he chopped shopped it and i lose the insurance and everything inside. i have the recording can i report him?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, GreysonIsCOol said:

Like i had my oil truck and it had 200 processed oil in it that i was gonna take to my house. some guy shot out all my tires untill i came to a hault then told me hands up or die. this is bs right? he chopped shopped it and i lose the insurance and everything inside. i have the recording can i report him?

Yes, from what i know you can shoot out the tires but only you can shoot them they can't shoot you but them walking up engaging AFTER shooting out the tires is RDM.

I have heard shooting tires is not rdm and does not engage the people shooting the tires however if someone were to shoot your tires you could get out and shoot them as they are shooting your vehicle hence you're engaged with them but they still need to engage on you even if they are shooting your tires. Stupid rule imo and I personally dont fuck with it cause I don't understand how it makes sense lol

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, GreysonIsCOol said:

Yes. We count this as "skurting" rules and we still count this as RDM.

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, GreysonIsCOol said:

For the record, @Egnazio piped him with an armed plane and we impounded your truck. Don't exaggerate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Strikke said:

Does it not fatal under the VDM rules?

If your intention is to collide with another vehicle for whatever reason (To pit, disable, immobilize, troll, etc.) that's fine. However, if you collide with a vehicle on purpose and because of the collision there is an explosion/death, then you may be found accountable and may be banned. You initiate these maneuvers at your own risk.”

8 minutes ago, MrBoonie said:

Simple answer shooting out someone's tires is NOT considered RDM seeing as how you did not die, there is no such thing as "attempted rdm" therefore there's that.

???????????????

31 minutes ago, Strikke said:

^^^^^^^^^^

29 minutes ago, PE7E said:

Does it not fatal under the VDM rules?

If your intention is to collide with another vehicle for whatever reason (To pit, disable, immobilize, troll, etc.) that's fine. However, if you collide with a vehicle on purpose and because of the collision there is an explosion/death, then you may be found accountable and may be banned. You initiate these maneuvers at your own risk.”

No because bullets out of a gun aint no vehicle

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Strikke said:

No because bullets out of a gun aint no vehicle

Your saying if I shoot out someone's tires to disable their vehicle without engaging prior is RDM? People have been doing this for years @McDili shall you clarify this please.

3 minutes ago, MrBoonie said:

Your saying if I shoot out someone's tires to disable their vehicle without engaging prior is RDM? People have been doing this for years @McDili shall you clarify this please.

We have talked about this in a couple staff meetings now and last time we all came to an agreement that this is considered "skurting" the RDM rules and that we still ban for this.

Unless i remember wrong from two different staff meetings that is...

9 minutes ago, Strikke said:

We have talked about this in a couple staff meetings now and last time we all came to an agreement that this is considered "skurting" the RDM rules and that we still ban for this.

Then this needs to be stated in the server rules, I haven't seen any updates as far as that or staff clearly stating this could be a banable offense.

Can't expect players to follow rules if they aren't clearly stated in your servers rules and guidelines ... and to be banned for something that has only been discussed amongst staff is not logical in my eyes.

53 minutes ago, Creepy said:

For the record, @Egnazio piped him with an armed plane and we impounded your truck. Don't exaggerate. 

Well I rage quit afterwards so I assumed he would've chop shopped it. Would be oil still be in the truck or no?

56 minutes ago, Strikke said:

So it was impounded and I think that would mean my oil is gone. Could I make a comp request for the lost oil if I I submit the video I have of this "skurting"?

1 hour ago, MrBoonie said:

Then this needs to be stated in the server rules, I haven't seen any updates as far as that or staff clearly stating this could be a banable offense.

Can't expect players to follow rules if they aren't clearly stated in your servers rules and guidelines ... and to be banned for something that has only been discussed amongst staff is not logical in my eyes.

I've reported people for this in the past... its 100% fail rp and a way to, as my man Strikke put it, 'skurt' the rule because if:

I shoot out your tires without warning you are immobilized. You now have 2 options, try and repair vehicle and hope it gets repaired before I run up to you yelling hands up or die.... or you can return fire. Since your now shooting at me, I'm now engaged and can kill you.

Shooting out tires basically leaves the driver of the vehicle with little options to protect themselves and no ability to surrender before engagement.

And Mr. Boonie i have footage of you shooting out the tires of my Zamack Transport at Athira Hospital from roof right after i pulled it while we were doing a fed without initiation, never submitted because i put one through your skull... but yes, you could have gotten a nice 3-day for that...

Best way to explain this. How can you engage on a object that can’t report? If someone shoots at your vehicle you are allowed to hop out and shoot back.

anther way to explain - if I shoot your tires and I don’t even touch you. I’m not trying to kill you I’m just trying to troll you. 

I'll tell you how I deal with the situation since people want to skirt rules. 

He shoots your tire and you shoot back and kill him you win.

He shoots your tire and you shoot back but still die by him even after you have shot at him. I ban him.

So basically if he skirts rules like that and kills you even after you shoot back I will ban anyways. So it's a win win for you. You either kill him or he gets banned

• Like 7
  • Hmm 2
  • Downvote 1