Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Medic discipline issue

Today I encountered my first unruly medic with a few other APD officers. After we finally stopped and detained him we realized there is no option to add charges to medics or anyway to send them to jail. As much as I love giving a medic a ten minute timeout in the quiet room, I wish there was a way to ticket that person or send them to jail. I'm sure the mods/admins are aware of the problem. I just thought I would bring it up just in case nobody has recognized the issue.

• Like 2

I think with medic being a white-listed slot and all, any issues with medics should be reported to their coordinators and they will be dealt with. It will be more effective than a jail sentence as well as the repercussions for acting up would be more severe.

Medics should be able to be charged and sent to jail. They need to stop making them the gods of the server and more so a regular citizen. 

This has always been a thing... Iv'e charged medics before and will again, even gave Sqaull Evading one time.

Medics are to be treated like any other civilian when it comes to the law.  If a medic finds themselves wanted and they refuse to pay the ticket for example you restrain them give them a ticket and if they dont pay they go to jail. Simple.

But we cant add charges, this should be a bug report really. Unless this was by design.

You don't give cops tickets and add charges to them when they act up, you report them so they can get punished / de-whitelisted. Medics are the same. You report them and they will be punished. The ticketing/jail system is designed for civilians.

• Like 3

You don't give cops tickets and add charges to them when they act up, you report them so they can get punished / de-whitelisted. Medics are the same. You report them and they will be punished. The ticketing/jail system is designed for civilians.

I know some APD officers said you used to be able to send medics to jail, so I was confused why it wasn't possible anymore. I didn't think it was a bug.. Thank you for clearing it up with me and anyone else that was confused.

I would report the guy, but I feel like he learned his lesson. Personally I would rather just enjoy my time playing on the servers than report people if I have the choice. If he kept doing it over and over again then that would be a different story.

• Like 1

Well thanks for letting us know this, i always thought it was the other way around. But like Tman said, id rather not report them id just like to be able to add speeding and reckless driving and evading arrest. Dont really want to get any one unwhitelisted. Kills RP when a medic is speeding and hits someone and i cant add charges. 

I was there on medic when this happened.  I was not the one in question, but it seemed all in good fun for all parties involved to me.  It was fun to spectate and everyone was asking me what was going on and made for some great RP.  He was just as upset as you were about not being able to be ticketed or sent to jail.  I believe that we should be treated as citizens in the eyes of the law if we choose to act up also.  Vehicular manslaughter does get charged on us automatically even when some idiot decides it would be funny to jump out in front of our car and I have paid off those tickets while on duty.  In the end it was hilarious to watch and RP with others watching and agree that medics should be charged.  I am a new medic so my word probably doesn't hold much weight and I do not act up or intentionally break laws but de-listing for that situation sounds pretty harsh.  It was RPed from beginning to end with the police and those involved.

• Like 1

As its been mentioned, we used to be able to have charges added to us and I would make it known that if a R&R member was seen breaking a law (such as speeding when not responding to a situation) that they should be charged and subsequently, sent to jail if they refused to pay their tickets.

Being that this is no longer the case, if at any time a R&R member is not acting within the scope of their role, are openly breaking laws or in any way failing to act within accordance of the Olympus R&R Handbook, please provide me with all relevant information via a private message on the forums (or get my attention on TeamSpeak) so that corrective action may be administered.

I am unable to be everywhere at once and as such, I need and would appreciate eyes out in the field in order to bring situations such as the one Tman mentioned to my attention.

• Like 1