Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Arent Cops a little bit too strong

Just now, .Lion said:

Will increase the apd using medics raiding a red zone .... And just requesting ...

Epi pens my man. Also saying that the only red zones super close to HQ’s now are Heroin Field and Weed Pro. Otherwise you should be able to get out of the red zone before they come back. 

Personally not a fan of 1:00 timers for respawn because it will fuck over federal events where Civs will already have an advantage with Qilins and Prowlers being gone. 

Just now, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Epi pens my man. Also saying that the only red zones super close to HQ’s now are Heroin Field and Weed Pro. Otherwise you should be able to get out of the red zone before they come back. 

Personally not a fan of 1:00 timers for respawn because it will fuck over federal events where Civs will already have an advantage with Qilins and Prowlers being gone. 

I was thinking we make a new rank called for po's maybe a Advanced po .... Where they can load lethels and thats pretty much it maybe give them a van ... Lets not make lt a hard rank to get maybe 3 weeks after being a PO ... Make the test mainly about lethels (teaching the cop)  would for sure help against feds and take less stress off of adp when huge feds happen 

6 minutes ago, .Lion said:

I was thinking we make a new rank called for po's maybe a Advanced po .... Where they can load lethels and thats pretty much it maybe give them a van ... Lets not make lt a hard rank to get maybe 3 weeks after being a PO ... Make the test mainly about lethels (teaching the cop)  would for sure help against feds and take less stress off of adp when huge feds happen 

Not a fan of adding another rank, PO is all but guaranteed. Anything past that is earned. Also people would be pissed if there were more lethals at Feds. 

18 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Not a fan of adding another rank, PO is all but guaranteed. Anything past that is earned. Also people would be pissed if there were more lethals at Feds. 

Your right but I think maybe we should make advanced po get lethels after the 6th wave tbh ... Because if really good people are doing the fed lethels will be needed and if the respawn timer is 1:00 people can get epi and dope

1 minute ago, .Lion said:

Your right but I think maybe we should make advanced po get lethels after the 6th wave tbh ... Because if really good people are doing the fed lethels will be needed and if the respawn timer is 1:00 people can get epi and dope

Most of the time by the 6th wave the Fed is stacked with Corp’s and Seniors. Then add in more lethals, I’ll pass. 

1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Most of the time by the 6th wave the Fed is stacked with Corp’s and Seniors. Then add in more lethals, I’ll pass. 

Thats where the 1 min timer will help ... They can get epi and dope ... More time to prepare for harder waves ...

15 hours ago, Johnson4356 said:

a lot people seem to not understand this, Tasers are just guns the only difference is that when you hit 10 health you get tased. turning a gun into a taser doesn't make it easier to use just means you tase people instead of killing them. also everyone below corp don't have proper vest unless there is a script i don't know about POs wear level 2 vest, which can only take like 3 9mm shots at close range so we're not exactly "Really Strong".

Finally! Someone who isn’t simple minded and speaks the truth

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Greenarrow said:

Change their 30 second spawn timer to 1min or 1min 30s. Making it just a little longer between waves.

Edit: also makes it slightly easier in towns and in HQ. Making spawning a slight punishment instead of letting them spawn behind civs.

Yeah because I want to have to wait a whole minute for your 20 person gang to surround the hq and then taze all of us.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Greenarrow said:

Change their 30 second spawn timer to 1min or 1min 30s. Making it just a little longer between waves

Hey man. Just because you guys are scared to do feds because you can't handle the heat doesn't mean it's broken. Maybe if you fought with strategy or developed some sort of talent that wasn't just tasing cops you would win. Don't blame the game. TI took 6 seniors stacking and still ate us alive. As you love so much to point out with your screenshots of tased cops and montages of stealing our Hawks, we already have it hard enough.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pledge said:

Hey man. Just because you guys are scared to do feds because you can't handle the heat doesn't mean it's broken. Maybe if you fought with strategy or developed some sort of talent that wasn't just teasing cops you would win. Don't blame the game. TI took 6 seniors stacking and still ate us alive. As you love so much to point out with your screenshots of tased cops and montages of stealing our Hawks, we already have it hard enough.

i don't do feds to win, i do them for fun and a good time win or lose. I personally think that 1min respawns would be a slight improvement for civs and a slight debuff for cops but i see both sides of the argument and do see why cops already have a hard time. Win or losing fights on civ against cops doesn't affect my reflection of how i think the APD could be improved but it does give me a perspective that most seniors don't have because they aren't the ones going into the same scenarios regularly. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greenarrow said:

i don't do feds to win, i do them for fun and a good time win or lose. I personally think that 1min respawns would be a slight improvement for civs and a slight debuff for cops but i see both sides of the argument and do see why cops already have a hard time. Win or losing fights on civ against cops doesn't affect my reflection of how i think the APD could be improved but it does give me a perspective that most seniors don't have because they aren't the ones going into the same scenarios regularly. 

Once HQ takeovers happen, it will be easy as hell to tase cops in HQ so increasing the respawn timer will make it even more aids.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hawk said:

Once HQ takeovers happen, it will be easy as hell to tase cops in HQ so increasing the respawn timer will make it even more aids.

30 seconds is enough time to give the people attacking a chance, but only a chance. Since when your group has cops in restraints you are taze on sight the ability for cops to continuously respawn in a random location (behind, in front, on buildings, in buildings) is already really strong to simulate an actual police force at their HQ.

2 minutes ago, Pledge said:

That's by design. You are attacking HQ, not a Toys R Us

indeed, once HQ takeovers are a more developed thing that can be implimented it will be a lot more balanced. In the meantime my suggestions are just opinions that may or may not help.

7 minutes ago, hawk said:

with all due respect to the devs but at this rate i dont see HQ takeovers gonna be implemented till next year.. ETA on removing quilins???????? (and implement this months donation reward)

1 minute ago, N7Zero said:

with all due respect to the devs but at this rate i dont see HQ takeovers gonna be implemented till next year.. ETA on removing quilins???????? (and implement this months donation reward)

Well it's all a matter of the devs now as we have already figured out the way it will work and the rules for it so sadly I don't have an ETA but it has been discussed a while ago and I'm assuming it should be done soon as everything has been worked out. Sucks to wait but it's all about patience

1 hour ago, rapidaax said:

Yeah because I want to have to wait a whole minute for your 20 person gang to surround the hq and then taze all of us.

Best one yet love you rapid 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Creighton said:

I think that there needs to be a few balance changes to cops -- particularly when it comes to responding to drug fields and processors.

There needs to be some degree of NLR when it comes to these areas. A 5 minute NLR rule on the first wave would be appropriate to allow players who successfully fight off the first wave to decide to stay or dip out. Smaller gangs will likely scatter, and bigger gangs will likely stay to finish gathering or processing and fight it out.

This would really just be a quality of life buff for smaller gangs, and may encourage smaller gangs to do more runs.

5 MINUTES? BOY U SMOKIN SOME SHIT