Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Everyone is leaving...

Alot of people randomly take breaks and leave. Some haven't come back and wont look back.
There is usually mass fallout and no one blinks an eye. It is only a big deal when key people dip out thats when you see the biggest round of people who dip. Ive seen people put themselves whole heartedly into this server to just get shit on and leave. I still see people just trying to keep Olympus enjoyable and fun get consistently shit on by trolls and lazy players.
When the server took a turn to appease the trolls and started turning into a windows key kos server i personally saw a massive influx of players playing koth. I am always seeing gangs go at it on there and its usually pretty epic.  I haven't gotten to the footage of that yet but at some point ill get to all my 3tbs of koth footage. / ramble

There are still alot of good people working to keep olympus updated and heading forward. The hard work they do dictates how you spend your time on the server so RESPECT that.
Find what is fun for you and try to show others how much fun your having.
Because if your not having fun, you'll get bord and if you stick around too long you morph into a troll. (xd)

• Like 4

Before holidays and summer we all always lose a few. How it goes

37 minutes ago, Theak said:

Alot of people randomly take breaks and leave. Some haven't come back and wont look back.
There is usually mass fallout and no one blinks an eye. It is only a big deal when key people dip out thats when you see the biggest round of people who dip. Ive seen people put themselves whole heartedly into this server to just get shit on and leave. I still see people just trying to keep Olympus enjoyable and fun get consistently shit on by trolls and lazy players.
When the server took a turn to appease the trolls and started turning into a windows key kos server i personally saw a massive influx of players playing koth. I am always seeing gangs go at it on there and its usually pretty epic.  I haven't gotten to the footage of that yet but at some point ill get to all my 3tbs of koth footage. / ramble

There are still alot of good people working to keep olympus updated and heading forward. The hard work they do dictates how you spend your time on the server so RESPECT that.
Find what is fun for you and try to show others how much fun your having.
Because if your not having fun, you'll get bord and if you stick around too long you morph into a troll. (xd)

You my friend are one of the few OGs that are sincere and appreciative! <3

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Skip said:

Why does it seem that everyone is leaving the community? 

Arma 3 has been out for over 5 years now. People get tired of playing the same game every day. People get tired of monitoring a server every day year after year. People go to college, get jobs, get girlfriends, etc. It happens with every game. New people will come in, so don't worry.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RambleR said:

Before holidays and summer we all always lose a few. How it goes

You my friend are one of the few OGs that are sincere and appreciative! <3

I watched Olympus become what it is. While a nobody i may be, i was the nobody in the background of alot of key conversations, my input, my opinions were asked of and taken to heart because i was honest and not trying to troll. (100% of the time lol) I took the roles i played with respect and tried to do what i was supposed to. I kept my mouth shut and ears open and learned ALOT, seen ALOT, and laughed ALOT. Ive seen some of the best roleplay come from some of the biggest trolls and Ive seen some of the nastiest moves made by some upstanding players. Olympus has it all. Ive been cop medic support team taxi for a day or so, heck i was even a vigi but i think i let the one or 2 guys go.
I may have not been there for the very beginning but i was there prewipe for long enough to seen all the hard work that has been put into the server. Im not just referring to all the coding and dev, i talking about the leaders in this community. The ones who stepped up and took a chance at a role to try to contribute to the progressions this server has gone through. Admins, mods, APD Chiefs, Coordinators, sr., gang leaders, civ reps, and yes even the SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS. (everyone is included here if i left you out except the news team, that usless faction... may it never raise again lol)
There just isnt enough thank yous and there is too many people complaining about stuff that they have no idea how much effort it actually takes to make work and how hard it is to not bitch slap the monitor.
The people make the community what it is, and Olympus has had some great leaders and even a few good tyrants.
I refuse to sugar coat or kiss ass, i will tell you how it is from a respectable point of view.
I've seen some Great GREAT players leave after get passed over for favoritism and bias views, ive watch people leave over small silly changes that just made their singular experience alittle harder so they quit.
The rush to be the best is over, match and point Olympus wins. This does not however mean i agree with all the windows key, kos, tazzzing panzies that have some how taken alot of cool functions out of the game. ( the cartel camping trolls have been catered to and i believe it really hurt the
The community is focused on stability at the moment and i see no harm in going back to your roots to strengthen the server, i believe there are good things coming.
To all the unappreciated people pulling the strings in the back ground THANK YOU.
Your time and sacrifice (12 units of your soul), is absolutely noted and appreciated.
To the entitled, fear mongering pricks, you're the reason your life sucks; grow up and change it. Stop oppressing others on a video game just because you dont like where your at in life.
The server is in a weird state of being right now and heres why.
There are indeed alot of new players, and with new players comes new experiences.
However, there is a lack of skilled players that are willing to stop robbing to show people the ropes.
I never understood some gangs that would rob the server into the ground and then complain with no one is doing runs.  IF you get the pig nice and fat, EVERYONE CAN EAT. IE' show these neebs how to make real money and then after they have the confidence to start doing bigger runs, thats when you can really make your money.  This has personally worked out for me many a times. Ill spend 500k getting someone all set up get them equipment and show them the ropes. a few weeks later when all game is fair, i get to rob them of a few million dollars because they started doing big runs. And the best part is that it doesnt really effect their ability to do runs by this point because they now have the ability to do different runs to make up for it.
The server started eating itself, kind of imploading because no one would do runs which made cartels pointless and killed gang life for good while. People would camp dealer or what not and negate any need to fight. Just a swift 9mm to the back for an easy payout. We did have the big split were the few big gangs left that wanted to see gang life thrive rejuvenated cartel island only to have vigis completely and utterly desomate any and all inclination to fight at cartels without roaching or ghosting.
I have taken a break myself mainly because of health reasons (crohns disease -.-) but also because i would get too involved in things i really didn't need to be. Defending things that didnt need to be defended and rushing to my own misinformed opinions only adding to any problem i was trying to help with. I got to the point were i wanted to help but was meet with some nasty vibs that pushed me away and now i happily admin elsewhere. (if it takes you a month to get to the player reports and someone asks if you need help there's no reason to be a dick because you didn't do your role properly. This has happened to me in the past and actually recently.)

Arma 3 is a game we all love to hate and Olympus has been a community I hate to love!
Don't forget to appreciate what you have because you never know what changes lurk around the corner.
Instaide of just complaining, come with some solutions and don't be afraid to just because of the trolls. Let the people know the work they do is appreciated as it is only for the bettering of YOUR gaming experience and at the expense of their VOLUNTARY time,(12 units as dictated earlier).

Be part of the answer not the problem!
(at the very least stay the fuck out of the way so the big boyz and girlz can do all the heavy lifting.)

6 minutes ago, Theak said:

I watched Olympus become what it is. While a nobody i may be, i was the nobody in the background of alot of key conversations, my input, my opinions were asked of and taken to heart because i was honest and not trying to troll. (100% of the time lol) I took the roles i played with respect and tried to do what i was supposed to. I kept my mouth shut and ears open and learned ALOT, seen ALOT, and laughed ALOT. Ive seen some of the best roleplay come from some of the biggest trolls and Ive seen some of the nastiest moves made by some upstanding players. Olympus has it all. Ive been cop medic support team taxi for a day or so, heck i was even a vigi but i think i let the one or 2 guys go.
I may have not been there for the very beginning but i was there prewipe for long enough to seen all the hard work that has been put into the server. Im not just referring to all the coding and dev, i talking about the leaders in this community. The ones who stepped up and took a chance at a role to try to contribute to the progressions this server has gone through. Admins, mods, APD Chiefs, Coordinators, sr., gang leaders, civ reps, and yes even the SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS. (everyone is included here if i left you out except the news team, that usless faction... may it never raise again lol)
There just isnt enough thank yous and there is too many people complaining about stuff that they have no idea how much effort it actually takes to make work and how hard it is to not bitch slap the monitor.
The people make the community what it is, and Olympus has had some great leaders and even a few good tyrants.
I refuse to sugar coat or kiss ass, i will tell you how it is from a respectable point of view.
I've seen some Great GREAT players leave after get passed over for favoritism and bias views, ive watch people leave over small silly changes that just made their singular experience alittle harder so they quit.
The rush to be the best is over, match and point Olympus wins. This does not however mean i agree with all the windows key, kos, tazzzing panzies that have some how taken alot of cool functions out of the game. ( the cartel camping trolls have been catered to and i believe it really hurt the
The community is focused on stability at the moment and i see no harm in going back to your roots to strengthen the server, i believe there are good things coming.
To all the unappreciated people pulling the strings in the back ground THANK YOU.
Your time and sacrifice (12 units of your soul), is absolutely noted and appreciated.
To the entitled, fear mongering pricks, you're the reason your life sucks; grow up and change it. Stop oppressing others on a video game just because you dont like where your at in life.
The server is in a weird state of being right now and heres why.
There are indeed alot of new players, and with new players comes new experiences.
However, there is a lack of skilled players that are willing to stop robbing to show people the ropes.
I never understood some gangs that would rob the server into the ground and then complain with no one is doing runs.  IF you get the pig nice and fat, EVERYONE CAN EAT. IE' show these neebs how to make real money and then after they have the confidence to start doing bigger runs, thats when you can really make your money.  This has personally worked out for me many a times. Ill spend 500k getting someone all set up get them equipment and show them the ropes. a few weeks later when all game is fair, i get to rob them of a few million dollars because they started doing big runs. And the best part is that it doesnt really effect their ability to do runs by this point because they now have the ability to do different runs to make up for it.
The server started eating itself, kind of imploading because no one would do runs which made cartels pointless and killed gang life for good while. People would camp dealer or what not and negate any need to fight. Just a swift 9mm to the back for an easy payout. We did have the big split were the few big gangs left that wanted to see gang life thrive rejuvenated cartel island only to have vigis completely and utterly desomate any and all inclination to fight at cartels without roaching or ghosting.
I have taken a break myself mainly because of health reasons (crohns disease -.-) but also because i would get too involved in things i really didn't need to be. Defending things that didnt need to be defended and rushing to my own misinformed opinions only adding to any problem i was trying to help with. I got to the point were i wanted to help but was meet with some nasty vibs that pushed me away and now i happily admin elsewhere. (if it takes you a month to get to the player reports and someone asks if you need help there's no reason to be a dick because you didn't do your role properly. This has happened to me in the past and actually recently.)

Arma 3 is a game we all love to hate and Olympus has been a community I hate to love!
Don't forget to appreciate what you have because you never know what changes lurk around the corner.
Instaide of just complaining, come with some solutions and don't be afraid to just because of the trolls. Let the people know the work they do is appreciated as it is only for the bettering of YOUR gaming experience and at the expense of their VOLUNTARY time,(12 units as dictated earlier).

Be part of the answer not the problem!
(at the very least stay the fuck out of the way so the big boyz and girlz can do all the heavy lifting.)

Olympus is the only good server out and is the best in my opinion of all the servers that have been out 

• Like 1