Warning shots for civs question

If I shoot warning shots at a heli flying near me and let's say some shots actually did hit the heli apparently BUT the person instead of flying away hovers about 200m on top of me while he has a gunner on benches, and I proceed to empty half my mk200 magazine onto the heli and drop it...is that rdm? Or he justified to just hover there and not fly away? The tard said he was gonna report because he didnt try to land at all so its rdm but I feel like if you have a gunner on benches I'm not gonna let you shoot at me I'm just gonna take you down for not flying away

Edited by Valentino Rossi
Just now, communistjosh said:

I mean if you hit the heli then those aren’t really warning shots imo. So id say RDM

I didnt think I hit it I fired in its direction but it was moving, just wanted to make sure he heard the shots but nobody was killed only after he hovered above me not flying away I gave it like 5 secs and opened fire he did not attempt to evade the shots just stood there...and i was out in the open he could see me pointing the gun right at him, i may be wrong but irl if you dont want to get shot at and you hear shots near your heli and maybe one hits the heli then fly the fuck away right?

1 hour ago, Valentino Rossi said:

If I shoot warning shots at a heli flying near me and let's say some shots actually did hit the heli apparently BUT the person instead of flying away hovers about 200m on top of me while he has a gunner on benches, and I proceed to empty half my mk200 magazine onto the heli and drop it...is that rdm? Or he justified to just hover there and not fly away? The tard said he was gonna report because he didnt try to land at all so its rdm but I feel like if you have a gunner on benches I'm not gonna let you shoot at me I'm just gonna take you down for not flying away

Should you get banned for it? No. Will you? Probably.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Valentino Rossi said:

I didnt think I hit it I fired in its direction but it was moving, just wanted to make sure he heard the shots but nobody was killed only after he hovered above me not flying away I gave it like 5 secs and opened fire he did not attempt to evade the shots just stood there...and i was out in the open he could see me pointing the gun right at him, i may be wrong but irl if you dont want to get shot at and you hear shots near your heli and maybe one hits the heli then fly the fuck away right?

As long as you didn't hit the heli and all he did was hover instead of leave, then you're fine to shoot him out of the sky. This is reinforced by the rule here - 

1. If a person does not fly away after given warning shots, you may then open fire on them.
1 minute ago, PopPop said:

As long as you didn't hit the heli and all he did was hover instead of leave, then you're fine to shoot him out of the sky. This is reinforced by the rule here - 

1. If a person does not fly away after given warning shots, you may then open fire on them.

This pretty much. If you didn’t hit the heli during the warning shots and they stayed then you are good. But if you hit them...probably a RIP

1 minute ago, Julian said:

Wiser words have never been said.

Sad truth

Yeah I was just wondering why the grey areas are so fucking grey...cant it just be black and white? Like it shouldnt matter if maybe 2 shots landed on the heli, he still should've just flown away after he was warned but decided to just sit there and get dropped 

2 hours ago, Valentino Rossi said:

Yeah I was just wondering why the grey areas are so fucking grey...cant it just be black and white? Like it shouldnt matter if maybe 2 shots landed on the heli, he still should've just flown away after he was warned but decided to just sit there and get dropped 

It's not that hard to warning shot without hitting them

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Johnson4356 said:

i've been told warning shots can hit a heli if it's an accident. obviously if your warning shots knock out something important you're fucked

No this is not true, then you can "accidentally" hit the heli all the time

• Owner

Warning shots are not supposed to be directed at the heli. If his actions resulted in your warning shots hitting him I wouldnt ban tbh.

5 hours ago, PopPop said:

Also this ^^ The purpose of warning shots is to basically tell the heli to gtfo. If he doesnt fly away you are free to pipe.