Locked Thinking Face, Why gang life is dead.

I took a long break on this game and I just came back to see that gang life is totally dead. I've noticed that quilins have been removed while ifrit prices have dropped slightly. I see people constantly complaining about how gang and cartel life is dead and it is quite clear to me why this has happened. In the recent update, they added a big tower to an already not as good cartel. 

Basically, I do not know who is in control of these updates but the more and more this server changes, it seems to get worse and worse.

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, affasd63536 said:

I took a long break on this game and I just came back to see that gang life is totally dead. I've noticed that quilins have been removed while ifrit prices have dropped slightly. I see people constantly complaining about how gang and cartel life is dead and it is quite clear to me why this has happened. In the recent update, they added a big tower to an already not as good cartel. 

Basically, I do not know who is in control of these updates but the more and more this server changes, it seems to get worse and worse.

And yet, there are still hundreds of players a day and active donations.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, affasd63536 said:

That’s why the cartel civ council reps were asking for it. To my knowledge cartel fighters wanted this change. @Zurph @Linka

People stopped fighting the cartel as frequently as soon as the big tower was removed. We aren't going to get anything done if we don't take risks and see what works and doesn't, and no big tower didnt work. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, affasd63536 said:

idk if u have eyes or a brain but im not referring to the whole server im talking about cartels

My point is that it's called "Altis Life", not "Gang Wars". If the problem was decreasing players and such, then the staff would act on the problem much faster. Perhaps if you had eyes or a brain, you would have been able to realize that.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4
7 minutes ago, Linka said:

People stopped fighting the cartel as frequently as soon as the big tower was removed. We aren't going to get anything done if we don't take risks and see what works and doesn't, and no big tower didnt work. 

ok so if ur trying new things the whole lets take out quilins thing clearly didnt work, bringing them back I think would cause a surge of people to want to fight again. also you did this 3 months ago...

Just now, HunterBklyn said:

My point is that it's called "Altis Life", not "Gang Wars". If the problem was decreasing players and such, then the staff would act on the problem much faster. Perhaps if you had eyes or a brain, you would have been able to realize that.

ur a roleplayer lmao you must have a blast in kavala 

1 minute ago, affasd63536 said:

ok so if ur trying new things the whole lets take out quilins thing clearly didnt work, bringing them back I think would cause a surge of people to want to fight again. also you did this 3 months ago...

ur a roleplayer lmao you must have a blast in kavala 

I did not make the call to remove quilins, and it was the whole community and I didn't even play then lol 

Just now, affasd63536 said:

well ur in a power position now so maybe u can make a change

I get that, but a lot of people on the server don't want the change I'm not gonna push for it even if I want it. 

• Like 1

@HunterBklyn he didnt say why is olympus dead he said gang life. Get off the post if your gonna talk about kavala you fucking scat. Also actually contributing that big tower to penisula is horrible don't know the last time you hopped on training server with it completly aids nothing to push it in. You would be lucky if you didnt lose 1 or 2 people even in a ifrit. Cartels are based so both sides have even chances at winning not so defense is a pure advantage thats like adding a big tower to fed. Maybe instead of a fucking big tower in the middle of the... not done on any other because of the fact its a bad idea you put small towers in places where they need to be like broken house for a start. Still a buff but not as op as a big tower.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 6
8 minutes ago, Linka said:

I did not make the call to remove quilins, and it was the whole community and I didn't even play then lol 

Actually it was more like 30%-40% of the community but with matt and the loud minority of cartel fighters lobbying the staff and threatening to leave if they didn't get their way.

The decision was meant to appease the cartel crowd but made life harder for everyone else and despite being the thing that would save cartels they're still facing issues of reduced fights. I don't think the idea was bad by itself but the implementation ignored community feedback and made a drastic change to appease a loud minority, I think it should be revisited eventually due to how poorly thought out it was and how rushed the whole thing was.

The original poll only had 2 choices and got 40% approval then another poll with multiple choice left 30% approval for removing them but Mcdilli and the civ reps had set their minds to it and the cartel gangs were holding their playerbase hostage if it wasn't pushed through asap.

4 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

Quilins were not very epic tbh

Debatable 

• Like 1
  • Community Manager
4 minutes ago, sploding said:

Actually it was more like 30%-40% of the community but with matt and the loud minority of cartel fighters lobbying the staff and threatening to leave if they didn't get their way.

The decision was meant to appease the cartel crowd but made life harder for everyone else and despite being the thing that would save cartels they're still facing issues of reduced fights. I don't think the idea was bad by itself but the implementation ignored community feedback and made a drastic change to appease a loud minority, I think it should be revisited eventually due to how poorly thought out it was and how rushed the whole thing was.

The original poll only had 2 choices and got 40% approval then another poll with multiple choice left 30% approval for removing them but Mcdilli and the civ reps had set their minds to it and the cartel gangs were holding their playerbase hostage if it wasn't pushed through asap.

Yeah you're actually fucking retarded who would've guessed. The underlying problem was stability regarding federal events, cartels and balance in general. More so the stability due to the increasing issues regarding people using Qilins specifically to push lowering FPS on cartel caps to stuttering amounts and occasionally crashing peoples games while trying to enjoy that aspect. The federal event issue being two fold regarding the cops having textured Qilins causing FPS issues yet again and it not being quite as "balanced" as some individuals within the community wanted it. Further more pretty sure some 2015 nostalgia made its way in as that was probably the time Arma was at its best and @McDili gave much more considerable thought regarding the issue then "Lets listen to the POLLS"

TL;DR You're retarded

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, Linka said:

I get that, but a lot of people on the server don't want the change I'm not gonna push for it even if I want it. 

There's still a chunk of people that want a change in the quilin/prowler situation. If the people that represent us won't try to make a change then we need new representatives.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mako said:

Yeah you're actually fucking retarded who would've guessed. The underlying problem was stability regarding federal events, cartels and balance in general. More so the stability due to the increasing issues regarding people using Qilins specifically to push lowering FPS on cartel caps to stuttering amounts and occasionally crashing peoples games while trying to enjoy that aspect. The federal event issue being two fold regarding the cops having textured Qilins causing FPS issues yet again and it not being quite as "balanced" as some individuals within the community wanted it. Further more pretty sure some 2015 nostalgia made its way in as that was probably the time Arma was at its best and @McDili gave much more considerable thought regarding the issue then "Lets listen to the POLLS"

TL;DR You're retarded

the leading reason behind their removal wasn't lag

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Mako said:

TL;DR You're retarded

No need to insult my intelligence or call me slurs but whateverfloats your boat, my main issue is that it was an unpopular move done against the majority of the playerbase's will that both appeased a loud minority and was pushed through before there could be discussion and brainstorming on other solutions to that issue or input from multiple perspectives.

The idea itself wasn't bad but was badly implemented and in my opinion should be seriously revisited to see if we can find a solution that appeals to everyone, and despite this being hailed as a panacea for the issues in the cartel community it didn't have a large effect long term. I understand you're a developer and your unique perspective is extremely useful to the community, but it was an imperfect solution that should be reviewed with the knowledge of what effect it had.

• Like 1
  • Lead Map Designer
13 minutes ago, sploding said:

but it was an imperfect solution that should be reviewed with the knowledge of what effect it had.

Surely you must have a perfect solution then?

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

Surely you must have a perfect solution then?

Nope, I don't think any one of us will have a perfect solution, perfect is the enemy of good and acting like this is a zero sum game with good and bad is a counterintuitive outlook on things.

Me or you don't have the perfect solution to the issue with quillins being removed, but now that it's been shown the decision was/is fairly unpopular and hasn't had the desired effect we should come together as a community to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy with the input of people from every corner of the community, there's no rush at this point so we can take our time with this one.

What makes Olympus so great is the community and our biggest strength is our diversity, we have 20,000 people each with a unique outlook on these issues that can contribute to the discussion, by resorting to tribalism and treating large issues like a zero sum game we help no one and squander our biggest asset.

• Lead Map Designer
2 minutes ago, affasd63536 said:

ur such an ass stop sucking off mako retard

I'm sucking Mako off?

If he's able to come to the conclusion that the staff made an imperfect decision, then he should know what the perfect solution is.  However, he has not given them a perfect solution.

3 minutes ago, sploding said:

Nope, I don't think any one of us will have a perfect solution, perfect is the enemy of good and acting like this is a zero sum game with good and bad is a counterintuitive outlook on things.

Me or you don't have the perfect solution to the issue with quillins being removed, but now that it's been shown the decision was/is fairly unpopular and hasn't had the desired effect we should come together as a community to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy with the input of people from every corner of the community, there's no rush at this point so we can take our time with this one.

What makes Olympus so great is the community and our biggest strength is our diversity, we have 20,000 people each with a unique outlook on these issues that can contribute to the discussion, by resorting to tribalism and treating large issues like a zero sum game we help no one and squander our biggest asset.

Okay, so what makes the previous decision imperfect?  You don't know the outcome of any other decision yet the one that has been made is somehow imperfect?