APD Meeting/Handbook idea

With my past experience on the APD I know that there are pretty strict rules on what you can and cannot do. For instance, deputies can tac respawn to accompany a PO, if not already with a PO+. A lot of deputies and even some higher rankings didn't even know this upon the handbook update. So I was thinking that after a handbook update, there is an announcement that shows a meeting date. In which, at the meeting tell people (who can make the meeting) new rules. Following, hopefully most APD members could make the meeting but the meeting is not necessary. There'd hopefully be enough responsible people to come to the meeting in which the rules get put in to use more and others can learn from them (face it we all get taught more and more about the APD as we play with others). Just a general idea in which people could learn more about the newer rules.

• Hmm 1
  • Kappa 1
  • Owner
44 minutes ago, Cutie (QT) said:

-snip-

If people don’t read the handbook updates posted on the forums, why would they read an “unnecessary APD meeting” post? I see where your going with this but the argument doesn’t really make sense, and it doesn’t seem like most people would attend a meeting like this. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Ryan said:

If people don’t read the handbook updates posted on the forums, why would they read an “unnecessary APD meeting” post? I see where your going with this but the argument doesn’t really make sense, and it doesn’t seem like most people would attend a meeting like this. 

Almost exactly what I was going to write. As a member of the APD (and server really) you are responsible to periodically check the forums for rule changes and clarifications. The only clear fix AND what you should be arguing for is not a meeting for everyone to bitch and moan about rule updates, but instead standardize when a rule update can occur.

ie. rule updates can only go into effect the first Sunday of every month - this way those who arn't forum warriors know when they need to check the forums. There arn't many rules that are so broken that OMG they need to be fixed now, so queueing them up for a certain date kinda makes sense. Another option would be the rule change needs to be posted for X amount of time before being enforced. Another solid option. But holding a meeting is pointless and frankly a waste of sAPD time.

• Like 1

To be fair i've seen so many deputies that i've told them to come tac respawn over to me because they're all by themselves and they say they can't, not everyone is up to date with the rules.

• Like 1