APD NLR Is fucked.

Anyone on the server that doesn't play cop and mains civ knows that the honest to god worst part of the APD on this server is the no NLR for officers. Now don't get me wrong, for fed, blackwater, and jail. They should be able to come in waves with no NLR period due to the fact that they are suppose to be high risk higher reward. But on things like illegal runs and other things like gas stations this rule should be restricted. 

Sure maybe cops can have no NLR, but only for a couple of deaths. Maybe 2 or 3 deaths per cop on regular things like gas stations and illegal runs until NLR is active on said officer. I feel like once the cops are on you even when doing a simple run, you can literally never get out of it if you have downed or restrained gang mates there with you that you have to pick up. It takes way too long to save your gang mates and by the time you have picked them up or whatever the cops have returned only for you to kill them again or to be tazed. It's dumb and I think that having 2-3 deaths per officer is more than fair. In the state it is right now is obviously why I've heard of this server being called "cOplympus" and other things. I'm gonna make a poll and drop it below this and vote on it. Maybe we can change something or make an impact on the state of cop NLR cause I'm almost positive most people on this server want some sort of change and this seems fair in my mind and I'd like to know the communities opinion. 

https://www.strawpoll.me/17856070

Give it a vote and drop some opinions below this post. Cheers boys 

• Like 1
  • Kreygasm 1
  • Hmm 1

I would consider cop nlr the day that cops and rebels are on an equal playing field, cops are at a gear disadvantage (for the most part), a strategic disadvantage (there are a shit ton of cops, good luck organizing a group of people that have never talked before on a consistent basis), a rules disadvantage (cops are pretty much always limited by the rules and handbook), and a tactical disadvantage (for the most part cops are always pushing). Im all for balance, but this ain't it chief.

• Like 2

@Eggman@an overweight giant retard Then nerf the tazor scripts? and gear is free on cop and you can stand around people being arrested and make money. You literally lose 0 and can only gain on cop unless you get robbed via 3-1 lol

3 minutes ago, Eggman said:

I would consider cop nlr the day that cops and rebels are on an equal playing field, cops are at a gear disadvantage (for the most part), a strategic disadvantage (there are a shit ton of cops, good luck organizing a group of people that have never talked before on a consistent basis), a rules disadvantage (cops are pretty much always limited by the rules and handbook), and a tactical disadvantage (for the most part cops are always pushing). Im all for balance, but this ain't it chief.

This makes no sense. Cops are limited to the same rules as civs. Sure they have to go by a few more but its practically the same. Its not even that it needs the be the same as civ. But why do they get to come back unlimited? Maybe not even change the NLR but maybe the respawn or redeploy timer? I guess I could have made that an option on the poll too. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Halley said:

@Eggman@an overweight giant retard Then nerf the tazor scripts? and gear is free on cop and you can stand around people being arrested and make money. You literally lose 0 and can only gain on cop unless you get robbed via 3-1 lol

lose 0? You must not have any input from corp+ because losing 5 helis a day aint cheap my man. 

Just now, SecTranLive said:

lose 0? You must not have any input from corp+ because losing 5 helis a day aint cheap my man. 

Still not as expensive as losing everything rebels lose because unlimited cops can constantly come every 30 seconds in waves lol. With all the gear lost, runs lost in said trucks which could be in the millions, any vehicles lost / seized due to no NLR and short respawn times. It's pretty unfair to both sides sure, considering all of that though I think maybe not completely changing it all and giving cops NLR but maybe making it a minute before they can respawn after being killed. Or make them spawn at the second closest HQ instead of the closest. 

Cops will get NLR when @Pledge considers giving mk200's, mk1's, and level 3 vests to deputies.

Having no NLR for APD is to simulate a full police force. The closest thing cops have to NLR is going in waves. That is basically the NLR for cops.

7 minutes ago, Cinders said:

Being able to come back acts as a full police force. Its more realistic. Your mom kisses guys.

More realistic.... yes people being able to respawn is totally realistic btw. 

Just now, Gregbot said:

Cops will get NLR when @Pledge considers giving mk200's, mk1's, and level 3 vests to deputies.

Having no NLR for APD is to simulate a full police force. The closest thing cops have to NLR is going in waves. That is basically the NLR for cops.

^ Cop tazers are good enough lol 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Halley said:

Tazer script is being fixed, first of all. Second of all, anyone that has held the position of cpl or higher can tell you cop can get expensive. Third of all, just cause cops dont lose much money doesnt mean they are supposed to lose every fight.

• Like 1

Still not as expensive as losing everything rebels lose because unlimited cops can constantly come every 30 seconds in waves lol. With all the gear lost, runs lost in said trucks which could be in the millions, any vehicles lost / seized due to no NLR and short respawn times. It's pretty unfair to both sides sure, considering all of that though I think maybe not completely changing it all and giving cops NLR but maybe making it a minute before they can respawn after being killed. Or make them spawn at the second closest HQ instead of the closest. 

Not disagreeing with you that it’s frustrating, but you have to think of the overall big picture of the rule infrastructure. Just last night I had 12 cops drop on me and 2 of my buddies. Was I upset? Sure. But you have to remember without any of those cops there the balance gets thrown off. If you think you have a way to maintain the overall big picture balance remain intact but alter the current nlr for cops please do share. 

1 minute ago, Eggman said:

Tazer script is being fixed, first of all. Second of all, anyone that has held the position of cpl or higher can tell you cop can get expensive. Third of all, just cause cops dont lose much money doesnt mean they are supposed to lose every fight.

Im not saying that they should lose every fight. But they shouldn't win them all either. In all of my experiences with cops on this server, I've only won 3 fights out of like 40 and not to dying straight away either.. its to the NLR'd cops coming back 12 times until they FINALLY get me and/or my gang members. 

Just now, Gregbot said:

@Tyler Halley I never made any money as a corporal. I would sit at a solid couple of mil because of the helis, and the gear when you get robbed.

Going up that high in APD is also not a requirement. You took the test and chose that for yourself knowing what would come. 

Going up that high in APD is also not a requirement. You took the test and chose that for yourself knowing what would come. 

Sooooooo... you will just be APD to be a perm PO?!?!? Fine by me if you do that :)

1 minute ago, SecTranLive said:

Not disagreeing with you that it’s frustrating, but you have to think of the overall big picture of the rule infrastructure. Just last night I had 12 cops drop on me and 2 of my buddies. Was I upset? Sure. But you have to remember without any of those cops there the balance gets thrown off. If you think you have a way to maintain the overall big picture balance remain intact but alter the current nlr for cops please do share. 

The numbers isn't the problem. I don't think that is an issue if 12 cops get out of a vehicle or multiple vehicles. I just think its a problem when you wipe said 12 cops and then 1 minute later they are all back and the fight is repeated until they succeed. 

Just now, Gregbot said:

Sooooooo... you will just be APD to be a perm PO?!?!? Fine by me if you do that :)

Mx tazers are good enough for me and many others im sure too lol 

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

Cops are never going to have NLR, it's been like that since the day the server launched back in early 2014. Deal with it.

I am dealing with it. I asked for opinions and maybe a change if the poll turns out to be voted for said change lol. Calm down buddy 

2 minutes ago, Gregbot said:

Well, have fun

Also, putting NLR in or restricting it 2-3 deaths would take away higher ranks spending more due to the fact that you wouldn't lose as many helis. You lose so much cause you keep pulling them due to no NLR. You ever thought of that? 

Im not saying that they should lose every fight. But they shouldn't win them all either. In all of my experiences with cops on this server, I've only won 3 fights out of like 40 and not to dying straight away either.. its to the NLR'd cops coming back 12 times until they FINALLY get me and/or my gang members. 

Lol, then leave the area. Unless you're trying to fight cops near an hq, its gonna take them at least a couple of minutes to get back (referencing most processors and rebel outposts).

3 minutes ago, Tyler Halley said:

Also, putting NLR in or restricting it 2-3 deaths would take away higher ranks spending more due to the fact that you wouldn't lose as many helis. You lose so much cause you keep pulling them due to no NLR. You ever thought of that? 

Dude your honestly fucking high on something!?! I didn't loose helicopters for NLR. I lost them to patrolling and a cop who flew crashed and didn't give me money to a guy ramming into it just to save his friends. If you can't come up with something logical to discuss I'm leaving the topic and someone else can rip you a new one with what you're trying to propose. 

3 minutes ago, Eggman said:

Lol, then leave the area. Unless you're trying to fight cops near an hq, its gonna take them at least a couple of minutes to get back (referencing most processors and rebel outposts).

Frog pro, heroin fields, cocaine. All of those are literally down the road from air HQ. A sport could get there in like 1 minute or so. I only have 3 other gang members and if they get restrained, it takes just that long to get them in the car cause obviously they're spread out. By the time that is all done. THey are back and now its only a 1v how ever many NLR'd cops are coming back