Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Perm Bans/Four Strike Rule

I feel the four strike rule isn't a very good rule. First, i've been played olympus for 5+ months now, i'm on my third ticket one more and i'm permed. One wasn't  even really my fault. But let's not get into that, the point is the 3 bans have been spread out between these 5 months, and if i do the slightest thing let's say i could break NLR by a few minutes and i'll be gone from olympus forever. I would understand the rule if it was just constant rule breaking, exploiting or hacking but it's not. Many of you may know that SPBojo an active forum user and donator was recently permed from the server for breaking only 4 rules between 10months, luckily now he has been unbanned and converted to a 12 day ban i am just saying the admins might not be as forgiving to other members.

The four strike should be rethought.Okay, if they RDM 4 times in a row only a few days after they receive each ban they obviously don't understand the rules and they need to be gone, but come on. People who have been playing for over 5 months get all their time and effort wiped for just small reasons.

I personally cannot think how it could work out but the ban times should just keep increasing until you reach 100 day ban and then after that you're gone, that's if you're an active member who takes the server seriously, not the people that will just RDM each time they get unbanned them kind of people should be gone.

• Like 3

RDM should just be a straight 3 day ban imo and not added to the total logged bans.  There are so many reasons it can occur, speaking in group chat instead of direct, lag, mic muted.  Mistakes do happen but this is one of those, if they aren't killing people Kavala style, then imo it shouldn't be tracked.

Even a time frame 1 ban being removed per month.  

• Like 7

Exactly, mistakes always happen and i think being banned 4 times in the entire time you've been playing on the server is a little to strict.

Best example is Dubz coming back to death site in 14:30 minutes instead of 15 and getting 4 dayed. Same with DJdarkmunk. We are all known players in notable gangs and mistakes happen. +1 this post.

The worst part is people will only do it from pure hate and to see you suffer.  :(

Eveybody breaks rules I actually rdm'd someone the other day because of a confusing situation and I will post the video to show how easy it is to make a mistake. Also I will comp you computer sorry I haven't yet...I'm broke...like macaroni and cheese broke

• Like 1

Eveybody breaks rules I actually rdm'd someone the other day because of a confusing situation and I will post the video to show how easy it is to make a mistake. Also I will comp you computer sorry I haven't yet...I'm broke...like macaroni and cheese broke

macaroni-and-cheese.jpglike this broke?

We roll bans off after so long. As for how long it is I won't say but it is done. If you have been on the server say 7 months and received 2 bans the first month in but then haven't received a ban until 4-5 months later the next ban will not be like a 3rd strike. Since you haven't received a ban in 4-5 months it will, in most cases, be a normal 3-4 day ban. We do understand players make mistakes and that is why we give multiple bans before we issue a permanent ban. At the same time we have all of our rules posted on the website and if your going to break them then your going to get some sort of punishment. If someone breaks a rule and it effects you would you like us to just ignore it and let them get away with it? In the end just don't break rules and you will be fine.

• Like 2

I have been on since last year sept. I have not broken a single rule nor banned for one. It is that easy to do.

Joking aside, it really is THAT easy to do. September for you, June for me and not a single ban. If players take the time to read the rules and use common sense, then a ban shouldn't be an issue.

Side Note Suggestion: Map a button under multiplayer controls to direct voice communication. Unless you mute your mic or have lag, as mentioned above, you'll never have an issue with speaking in the wrong channel.

• Like 1

Let be careful to compare players that strictly play APD and R&R (for the most part) to people who play civilian for the most part.  Stakes are higher on civ which in turn equals more mistakes. I haven't been banned, but I can say I have done questionable things I have comp'd for and never meant to have happen.

Let be careful to compare players that strictly play APD and R&R (for the most part) to people who play civilian for the most part.  Stakes are higher on civ which in turn equals more mistakes. I haven't been banned, but I can say I have done questionable things I have comp'd for and never meant to have happen.

Agreed. I think that most people who have over 20k minutes on civ probably have been banned one time at least just because there is more at stake and more split second decisions made.

Civ24275 Minutes   Cop19082 Minutes

That is my time, 5k more on civ then cop and my actions, high stakes or not, have never been questionable because there is one thing you think about instinctively before you even come close to a questionable action that becomes an option;

"Is it worth it?"

• Like 1

Dont break the rules don't get punished.... Break the rules be punished.  It is seriously that simple.  I myself have been here since day one and never broke a rule. So for those who we ban they deserve it... every single day of it.

• Like 1