Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

"Hands up or die" followed by "keep them up or I'll shoot you""

Now, I've got my opinions, but I'm curious to see what you all think of this.

Let's say someone complies with putting their hands up, and the initiator says for that individual to keep them up, or they will die. After all, who wants to restrain be required to act when you can just wait a minute and get what the initiator really wants- a kill. 

I've done this before too. I'd just like the communities' opinion on how they feel about this, and whether or not this sort of shortcuts the rules of complying and restraints. 

TLDR: Title. Do you feel like this is fair, unfair / a shortcut to the rules. 

Also, if the guy keeps his hands up for more than five minutes, would you say that it would be RDM for the initiator to shoot post-5 min? What if they refresh their threat to keep your hands up? Should that be allowed?

16 hours ago, Shanky said:

And I've seen this happen plenty to them. Your point?

People that kill nakeds are a problem that need to be dealt with in another way.  What way, I don't know.  But farming nakeds, except if you are in Kavala and know what you signed up for, is one of the worst things on Olympus.

20 hours ago, Shanky said:

Now, I've got my opinions, but I'm curious to see what you all think of this.

Let's say someone complies with putting their hands up, and the initiator says for that individual to keep them up, or they will die. After all, who wants to restrain be required to act when you can just wait a minute and get what the initiator really wants- a kill. 

I've done this before too. I'd just like the communities' opinion on how they feel about this, and whether or not this sort of shortcuts the rules of complying and restraints. 

TLDR: Title. Do you feel like this is fair, unfair / a shortcut to the rules. 

Also, if the guy keeps his hands up for more than five minutes, would you say that it would be RDM for the initiator to shoot post-5 min? What if they refresh their threat to keep your hands up? Should that be allowed?

My favorite is to say "hands up or die"
*they put their hands up*

Then I say: "START SAYING YOUR ABC's BACKWARDS IN THE NEXT FIVE SECONDS, OR I'll TURN YOUR BRAIN INTO SWISS CHEESE"

most of the time, they're like "wait what the fuck?" they don't start saying them...they try to run

Boom, free kill.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
19 hours ago, Rossco said:

You don't even need to say this..... After you say hands up or die, if they put their hands down and you see them with them down anytime in the next 5 minutes, you are allowed to gun them down like a field full of penguins

So you would say the engagement is treated like a text message then; so you would be able to refresh the threat indefinitely.

Speaking of which, what are the rules surrounding someone saying "Hands up or die" and another group saying "Put your hands down or die"?

20 hours ago, J.Glenn said:

My favorite is to say "hands up or die"
*they put their hands up*

Then I say: "START SAYING YOUR ABC's BACKWARDS IN THE NEXT FIVE SECONDS, OR I'll TURN YOUR BRAIN INTO SWISS CHEESE"

most of the time, they're like "wait what the fuck?" they don't start saying them...they try to run

Boom, free kill.

Reminds me of the time someone said "let's play Simon says" and then said "put your hands down" as if it was time to start playing and then getting blasted immediately lol

13 minutes ago, Shanky said:

So you would say the engagement is treated like a text message then; so you would be able to refresh the threat indefinitely.

Speaking of which, what are the rules surrounding someone saying "Hands up or die" and another group saying "Put your hands down or die"?

Not sure what you're trying to say?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 5
1 hour ago, Rossco said:

Not sure what you're trying to say?

Like if group A says hands up or die but group B comes and gives a contradicting "put your hands down or die" command, the player is stuck. If the hands stay up, dead. If they come down, dead. 

6 minutes ago, Rossco said:

You can't order someone to put their hands down and if they don't kill them lol

In this situation you mean?  Because I've seen people give orders to do something "or die". Like follow me, or get in the car. Doesn't happen often but what's the validity of this?

16 hours ago, Shanky said:

Like if group A says hands up or die but group B comes and gives a contradicting "put your hands down or die" command, the player is stuck. If the hands stay up, dead. If they come down, dead. 

You can almost understand what its like to be a Medic when group A says revive or die and group B says dont revive or die....