Video Games & Priorities

I've been playing video games for a good portion of my young life, spending countless hours and days behind the computer. I'm not stating this is sound regretful of it, but to show you their impact on my love.  As I age and get older however, I find there's more sacrifices to be made in order to maintain my enjoyment of them. It wasn't as simple as it use to be as just sliding on my computer after school, and gaming all night. Now there's sports, homework, exams, commitments etc.  So I was just curious as to where video games lands in your day-to-day lives of priorities. Do you value them over social events, or place other commitments in front of them.

• Like 1
  • Community Manager

I would never prioritize video games over a social life. At this point in many of our young lives it's important to go out make friends and meet new people. I regret spending much of my high school timeline playing video games and I personally feel like I missed out on many social activities and interactions. Although since I moved to college I stopped playing video games and it has completely benefited my life for the better. 

I'm now utilizing this extra time in my life to socialize with others and now I always have some sort of activity to do. Also think of it this way in our young lives 18-26, us and woman are in there primetime. Bitches will never be as hot as they are now. Go out there and get yourself a hot asss woman or man, Because we only get this experience once! Good luck

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, WALT™ said:

I would never prioritize video games over a social life. At this point in many of our young lives it's important to go out make friends and meet new people. I regret spending much of my high school timeline playing video games and I personally feel like I missed out on many social activities and interactions. Although since I moved to college I stopped playing video games and it has completely benefited my life for the better. 

I'm now utilizing this extra time in my life to socialize with others and now I always have some sort of activity to do. Also think of it this way in our young lives 18-26, us and woman are in there primetime. Bitches will never be as hot as they are now. Go out there and get yourself a hot asss woman or man, Because we only get this experience once! Good luck

I've recently came back from a much needed a 1 year hiatus from ALL games, and it has completely changed my aspect on them. My social and family life has never been better!

• Like 3

Here's my take on video games and similar entertainment: they have undoubtedly become a routine part of my life (as it does for many others), however I don't let them take control of the rest of my life. In terms of having other responsibilities, I always put them in front of anything gaming related. I got a job, college work and friends that need entertaining and I will more often than not put that in front of gaming. Juggling all of the activities isn't always necessarily easy (sometimes it's a downright pain in the ass) but I know that there's always a place and time for everything. It is a good thing that you took a nice break from it all to see more that life has to offer, but if you still feel the desire to play games after your break, go for it - just don't go overboard. Life's all about balance; search the threshold of life for that sweet spot and it'll be a breeze. 

• Owner

Video Games used to be the first thing I jumped to as soon as I had the free time in middle school/part of high school. I used to be a major fat ass at home all day. Half way through High school I saw the people around me never being home and constantly going out, it made me look back on myself and start going outside. Eventually led to me hitting the gym and constantly having plans. Now everytime I try to play something after an hour or two I start to get bored and want to go outside instead of playing a video game or I just pack my schedule with school and work to keep me busy. Shits crazy, but it’s def better to prioritize social life. 

• Like 1

You will change your view on this dozens of times.  I prioritize family then work then whatever else after that.  I don’t log into games when my wife and kid are available.  I don’t take days off from work for video games either.  But I try to log in when family is sleeping and buddies are online.  Some weeks I’ll stay up until 5am playing and others may only be online for an hour.

• Like 1

For me, back when I was in high school I would take a full 3-5 month break halfway through summer because of football. I would literally not find time to play and the few times I had time I almost never wanted to get on. Honestly, if you find other things to do, the games just took a back seat and were always there when I came back. 

• Like 1