Is there a rule to tampering with checkpoint gates?

I was just  driving down the highway north of Kavala, and I came up on the Kavala checkpoint. Unfortunately for me, the gate was down and I tried braking when I saw it. I just happened to be in an offroad which does not brake very well at all and I hit the concrete post and knocked both of my front tires out. So now I'm stranded because the nearest service station is Kavala itself, which is about 3km away. I wouldn't mind it if it was an ambush or something clever, but it's not. It's just some random obstacle in the middle of the road that has no purpose other than trolling people who happen to hit it.

No, drive up the Checkpoints slowly. Gates close after server restart, and most people drive around instead of opening them; it's mostly APD that does it. Also if the APD is running a checkpoint you're excepted to be able to slow down and wait for the gate to be opened for you; if the Checkpoint is being run by the APD then you'll know as a Police car will be stationed outside of the compound with lights on.

No, drive up the Checkpoints slowly. Gates close after server restart, and most people drive around instead of opening them; it's mostly APD that does it. Also if the APD is running a checkpoint you're excepted to be able to slow down and wait for the gate to be opened for you; if the Checkpoint is being run by the APD then you'll know as a Police car will be stationed outside of the compound with lights on.

I have never seen cops at the checkpoints. I wish they were, so some RP could go down. Or have Random Safety Road blocks/ checkpoints on main roadways where people travel. I can see some fun car chases from this from people trying to elude the police. LOL 

I have never seen cops at the checkpoints. I wish they were, so some RP could go down. Or have Random Safety Road blocks/ checkpoints on main roadways where people travel. I can see some fun car chases from this from people trying to elude the police. LOL 

not enough cops to man them, they could man them probably but that would be a really really really low priority seeing as the cop force is as small as it is. atleast with active cops.

SPBojo

:wub:

I was just  driving down the highway north of Kavala, and I came up on the Kavala checkpoint. Unfortunately for me, the gate was down and I tried braking when I saw it. I just happened to be in an offroad which does not brake very well at all and I hit the concrete post and knocked both of my front tires out. So now I'm stranded because the nearest service station is Kavala itself, which is about 3km away. I wouldn't mind it if it was an ambush or something clever, but it's not. It's just some random obstacle in the middle of the road that has no purpose other than trolling people who happen to hit it.

As for you asking if there was a rule, there is not one. You are allowed to open the gates or close them if you really want to and even if a cop sees you opening it he can't do anything about it because he wasn't manning the checkpoint

As for you asking if there was a rule, there is not one. You are allowed to open the gates or close them if you really want to and even if a cop sees you opening it he can't do anything about it because he wasn't manning the checkpoint

That it not 100% true the officer in question can tell you top stop operating them if you do it again its "Disobeying an Officer" also if you try to close it on or right before without chance of stopping it could be Considered RDM

That it not 100% true the officer in question can tell you top stop operating them if you do it again its "Disobeying an Officer" also if you try to close it on or right before without chance of stopping it could be Considered RDM

Well yeah but if you're opening them to get through and not be a troll...

Sir, the speed limit is 80 Kph for a reason. If you were driving the appropriate speed, you would have been able to brake to a complete stop prior to hitting the gate and causing major damage to your tires.

If you want to drive at unsafe speeds, don't expect sympathy from others when you put a dent in your car.

Sir, the speed limit is 80 Kph for a reason. If you were driving the appropriate speed, you would have been able to brake to a complete stop prior to hitting the gate and causing major damage to your tires.

If you want to drive at unsafe speeds, don't expect sympathy from others when you put a dent in your car.

I wasn't asking for sympathy, I was asking if there was any law/rule against it.

I wasn't asking for sympathy, I was asking if there was any law/rule against it.

You can use the gates all you want, but do not close them on top of vehicles or in  front of them. If you do so and cause the vehicle to explode it can sometimes be considered RVD otherwise known as Random Vehicle Destruction. If the anyone within the vehicle dies it can sometimes be considered RDM otherwise known as Random Death matching.

Basically everything you need to know about gates has been said. Also the way your original post was worded it almost sounded like you were under the impression that people close the gates just so that somewhere someone is mildly inconvenienced by them. I don't believe that's the case. If some one did that just to mess with you they would more than likely be there to see you hit it. As it was stated, gates are closed by default when the server resets so unless someone stops to open it then they will remain closed.

Get to know where the checkpoints are so that when you are flying down the MSR at breakneck speeds with the windows down and listening to Katy Perry you wont slam into the gate ruing your good time.

• Like 1

Basically everything you need to know about gates has been said. Also the way your original post was worded it almost sounded like you were under the impression that people close the gates just so that somewhere someone is mildly inconvenienced by them. I don't believe that's the case. If some one did that just to mess with you they would more than likely be there to see you hit it. As it was stated, gates are closed by default when the server resets so unless someone stops to open it then they will remain closed.

Get to know where the checkpoints are so that when you are flying down the MSR at breakneck speeds with the windows down and listening to Katy Perry you wont slam into the gate ruing your good time.

Yea gates are put down on restart, and most people just drive around instead of opening them, so just make sure you tread carefully when approaching checkpoints. We have all had our fair share of blown up sport hatchbacks because of checkpoints I am sure.