more clothes, cars, guns??

Olympus is like the only server I play on but I joined another life server for a bit and I noticed they had more clothing/vests in the shop, it would be nice if olympus added more.

I don't know if it's possible to add more cars without us needing to download mods but more cars to buy in legal car shops would be great

More legal guns would be amazing because i'm tired of doing a truck run and getting a text from burban to pull over and only having a pdw to defend myself ._.

More clothing sounds cool! It's very easy to add too. =D

The guns though... those are the iffy part, Clothing does no harm whereas those can; adding over powered weapons can be a problem but more pistols such as Five-Seven and such I see no problem in becoming legal firearms. Add more variation.

What people don't notice is 80% of Clothing is already in Altis Life but people never visit Clothing Stores - Guerilla oufits can be found there and CSAT clothing and some Guerilla outfits are found in Rebel stores.

More Vest's would be nice though, there are some which are neither OP nor good but look good =D

• Like 1

More clothing sounds cool! It's very easy to add too. =D

The guns though... those are the iffy part, Clothing does no harm whereas those can; adding over powered weapons can be a problem but more pistols such as Five-Seven and such I see no problem in becoming legal firearms. Add more variation.

What people don't notice is 80% of Clothing is already in Altis Life but people never visit Clothing Stores - Guerilla oufits can be found there and CSAT clothing and some Guerilla outfits are found in Rebel stores.

More Vest's would be nice though, there are some which are neither OP nor good but look good =D

I agree that dealing with guns is harder but normal civs dont stand a chance with some rebels, I was in pyrgos and someone 1 hit killed a civ , they saw that I was a vigilante and wanted me to shoot them so I could see that my sting did nothing to them so I did shoot and apparently it only took 5 damage with the vests they had

Have you tried playing the objectives? You also get paid for capturing each colored area on the map plus bonus money for holding it every 30 minutes and vehicles are already able to be sold. ^______^

Wasteland? Wut?

Either way - that's the way it's meant to be. Rebels are more powerful then Civ's, but they risk themselves being an attraction to any Cops. Think of real life, you just walk around with nothing but some criminals will have a firearm, and most assassinations they use bigger weapons, such as snipers. You as a Civ can't have a sniper?

If you want to stand a chance versus rebels you need to reach their level of gear or outsmart them - you can't be 100% Geared with a Mk18, Carrier Rig and such and consider yourself a legal citizen and use that weapon to defend yourself - it's too strong to be allowed for Civilians!

• Like 1

? ? ?_? ??What the fuck are you doing?? ? ?_? ??

stop troll

Wasteland? Wut?

Either way - that's the way it's meant to be. Rebels are more powerful then Civ's, but they risk themselves being an attraction to any Cops. Think of real life, you just walk around with nothing but some criminals will have a firearm, and most assassinations they use bigger weapons, such as snipers. You as a Civ can't have a sniper?

If you want to stand a chance versus rebels you need to reach their level of gear or outsmart them - you can't be 100% Geared with a Mk18, Carrier Rig and such and consider yourself a legal citizen and use that weapon to defend yourself - it's too strong to be allowed for Civilians!

You're right lol but I still think they should add more clothes and vehicles if possible

stop troll

You're right lol but I still think they should add more clothes and vehicles if possible

All the Vehicles are already added except the Over Powered ones. Likewise with Clothes, most are already in - but things such as Combat Fatigues (MTP) could be added.

Kon

All the Vehicles are already added except the Over Powered ones. Likewise with Clothes, most are already in - but things such as Combat Fatigues (MTP) could be added.

Nonono the admins say that all the clothes are in the game not true it's another excuse they can add them and do retextures just some colour changes would be great and they are veryyy easy!

• Like 1

Kon

Nonono the admins say that all the clothes are in the game not true it's another excuse they can add them and do retextures just some colour changes would be great and they are veryyy easy!

Let me bold out the key part in that topic:

Likewise with Clothes, most are already in. I also included an example of a clothing item not in.

You are saying that they are lazy and won't add more re-textured clothing?

A) Jendrak is currently not avaiable, he is on a break.

B) You say it's easy, but a simple black shirt to orange shirt won't be sufficient enough for most people: they'll want more texture to it, logo on it etc.

C) Already Poseidon and Hades are being very picky with what textures are added. As little as possible is what they want; most of the mission file you're downloading before you join and when a tiny update is rolled out are the textures that are added.

Simply adding 20 retextured clothing will add the mission file you're downloading now and multiply it by about 50. This will discourage most people from playing and will remove the whole objective of Olympus: You click and play. Instead it'll be like Gmod servers where you click, wait for 30 minutes for everything to download and play.

Let me bold out the key part in that topic:

Likewise with Clothes, most are already in. I also included an example of a clothing item not in.

You are saying that they are lazy and won't add more re-textured clothing?

A) Jendrak is currently not avaiable, he is on a break.

B) You say it's easy, but a simple black shirt to orange shirt won't be sufficient enough for most people: they'll want more texture to it, logo on it etc.

C) Already Poseidon and Hades are being very picky with what textures are added. As little as possible is what they want; most of the mission file you're downloading before you join and when a tiny update is rolled out are the textures that are added.

Simply adding 20 retextured clothing will add the mission file you're downloading now and multiply it by about 50. This will discourage most people from playing and will remove the whole objective of Olympus: You click and play. Instead it'll be like Gmod servers where you click, wait for 30 minutes for everything to download and play.

mate you know what is the max signature picture size allowed? I remember reading forum rules somewhere but forgot  where they at

As this topic seems to have jumped between AL and Wasteland I'll try to cover both.

Wasteland basically has almost everything that Arma allows in it. You just have to find it or goto the shops and buy it. Anything outside the default Arma items is not in and most likely will not be as it will only require players to download extra things. In turn this would actually hurt the playerbase since most people don't want to download extra things, they just want to click, join and play.

Altis Life is a bit more tricky. Most of the vehicles that are not stupid OP are already in. There is a varety of vehicles in but we won't add in things such as an ifrit HMG. To many vehicles like this just cause issues and don't add much to the RP scene. If your wanting to use them type of vehicle then play the Wasteland server. As for clothing again most of the defualt Arma clothing items are already in the game. While there may be a few things not in there is still a fairly large amount of different clothing options. Adding textures to clothing is not something we can just go and do. It adds alot to the mission file as well as taking time to create and code the textures into the game. While it may seem like something simple to do it really isn't. Its take a fairly large amount of work to get the textures in. The size of the mission file is the other aspect. To big and you feel like your downloading a completely new Mod and again players don't tend to want to do this for the most part. As for guns, there are certain ones that will not be added. For example we don't want snipers, while you may think it is fun it is pretty game breaking when you think about it's uses on a RP server. Again if ya want to Snipe we have the Wasteland server for it. Some of the smaller caliber weapons we could possibly look into however if we knew what it was the players wanted.

• Like 1

Wasteland? Wut?

Sorry, but in RL you can be legally armed with "heavy weaponry." In fact, most of the convicts run around with pistol-calibre weapons and the occasional shotgun because they're cheap. Most law-abiding citizens tend to be of a higher socioeconomic class, so having a semi-automatic rifle chambered in .308 Winchester and having Level III body armour is very feasible and far from illegal in RL. So here's what I'm trying to say: make a special license available for civilians that can be purchased at the DMV for $50k. Call it the "Armed Citizen" license. This license ought to enable people to buy, from the gun store, a GA Carrier Rig Lite or Carrier Rig Lite, and a Mk14 as that is the non-tacticool version of the Mk18. This is completely feasible and would give the people running oil, diamonds, platinum, etc a chance to fight off Johnny Reb. If you don't think this is feasible from legal RL perspective, then visit these two links.

http://www.ar500armor.com/plate-carriers/plate-carrier-packages-w-armor.html

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/standard-m1a/

Sorry, but in RL you can be legally armed with "heavy weaponry." In fact, most of the convicts run around with pistol-calibre weapons and the occasional shotgun because they're cheap. Most law-abiding citizens tend to be of a higher socioeconomic class, so having a semi-automatic rifle chambered in .308 Winchester and having Level III body armour is very feasible and far from illegal in RL. So here's what I'm trying to say: make a special license available for civilians that can be purchased at the DMV for $50k. Call it the "Armed Citizen" license. This license ought to enable people to buy, from the gun store, a GA Carrier Rig Lite or Carrier Rig Lite, and a Mk14 as that is the non-tacticool version of the Mk18. This is completely feasible and would give the people running oil, diamonds, platinum, etc a chance to fight off Johnny Reb. If you don't think this is feasible from legal RL perspective, then visit these two links.

But do you see every 2nd person walking around with that on their back, especially when they need to go to the bank? Yeah...

Especially in the UK (Which so far has seemed safer to not allow everyone to have a nice weapon in their pocket) that would be ridiculous... 

But do you see every 2nd person walking around with that on their back, especially when they need to go to the bank? Yeah...

Especially in the UK (Which so far has seemed safer to not allow everyone to have a nice weapon in their pocket) that would be ridiculous... 

Please dont get this argument started......

Please dont get this argument started......

I'm not, I'm simply stating that it is more safe for it to be illegal to have a firearm - if me and Clamenza were to discuss (Or like you said, 'argue') we'd do it on TeamSpeak :P

If this were a thing, I'd advocate for making all charges doubled when you have the license. Meaning if you have the license and you shoot someone, it counts as a double manslaughter instead of a single. Thought behind that, if you are going to purchase these higher caliber weapons and body armor, you should be held to a higher standard. If you are attacked on a run, flee and call the police. If you kill someone, you'd better have a good and legitimate reason.

"I killed someone in self defense" APD text messages do not constitute as a good reason by the way.

• Like 1

If this were a thing, I'd advocate for making all charges doubled when you have the license. Meaning if you have the license and you shoot someone, it counts as a double manslaughter instead of a single. Thought behind that, if you are going to purchase these higher caliber weapons and body armor, you should be held to a higher standard. If you are attacked on a run, flee and call the police. If you kill someone, you'd better have a good and legitimate reason.

"I killed someone in self defense" APD text messages do not constitute as a good reason by the way.

The problem with this is most of the time the apd do not reply to self defense killings and if someone is constantly texting them about it they tend to stop believing them when they could be telling the truth. Also it wouldn't make any sense to hold them to a higher standard because that's not the case irl. If I kill someone with my legal handgun I'm not going to be charged less then someone who  kills them with an ar15 

Wasteland? Wut?

Most Assassinations are probably with a smaller firearm as they are much easier to conceal and operate. Something like a pistol or a machine gun pistol. But I see where you are coming from.