Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Females and Olympus, and why the two don't currently mix.

I caught the tail end of this fiasco ingame. At first I thought it was just some RPing but as it went on it was obvious she was pissed and left the game. There were about 6 or 7 of us there when this end part occured. I never caught who did it or was, not until after I have seen this post. 

In real life Women are sadly treated this way. it's Society at it's worst unfortunately. I blame poor parenting and not instilling values and how to treat people.

I think the biggest thing is not giving them the satisfaction that they are getting under your skin.

I never saw a girl sitting in the park and 6 random guys run up to her and shout that their stuffing balls in her mouth...

This is an adult videogame, with adult themes. If you feel like you are being harassed, record and submit. Then do what I do, close Arma, and take a walk. You gotta remember that it is a videogame and not worth your happiness. Next time this happens send a emergency text to the admins so they can watch. They are on more than you know.

Peter your name is mysogynistic and it offends my delicate sensibilities. Please consider my feelings

I do agree his name Insults my small Genitals, Please change it!

But regarding to the Thread I'm not here to start a war but some Females that play Olympus aren't the nicest people either. I'm not even sure if its there Gender calling someone a 'bitch' doesn't make them a sexist mongual although he should have no said it on medic duty. I call people DickMuffins all the time and I'm not making a thread about it. But I may be missing the whole "I'm a Female aspect"

10/10 let me catch ANYONE doing this in game.. your vacations gonna be a pretty swift retreat into the abyss

Quoted for agreement.

In regards to this "DREW", I will be investigating into the identity of this person. I hold my medics to a high standard and correct/remove what I can. Situations like this need to be brought to my attention via a private message on here, or a player report which will be forwarded to me. Being R&R doesn't give you a license to show your ass and if ANY R&R member does so, I want to know about it ASAP. That said, please be sure to provide proof.

• Like 4

Something has to change.

It's no secret that the Olympus servers are primarily a sausage fest

e96ed8aa142766142104954651_700wa_0.gif

but on a serius note, harrasment is not ok, and if people do it, just simply dont mind it as much as possible and report them, they deserve the Hades Hammer.

e96ed8aa142766142104954651_700wa_0.gif

but on a serius note, harrasment is not ok, and if people do it, just simply dont mind it as much as possible and report them, they deserve the Hades Hammer.

Harrasment - "SPBojo" - [Hades] Perm

Never see anyone give you problems from my end. Minus like once.

Moob, I tried to send you this message in a PM but your messages are full or something.  I dont want to steal this thread so this is all I will say about this.

I have not had many issues, which would consider over the top, with MC until the last 2 weeks.  There are a couple of MC members, and associates, that are making the rest of the gang look like shit.  I understand that its frustrating when a medic doesn't provide services.  Regardless, that's no excuse to act and react the way some MC members are acting.  I only deny services to those who are abusing the EMS system by trolling and dying over and over under the assumption that the medics are obligated to stay with them and not assist anyone else on the map.  The only other reason for me to not respond to a call to assist or revive a person is when I am ordered not to, or to stay out of the area, by APD.  Whether people want to accept it or not, medics are obligated to abide by APD orders as we are required to be law abiding.  Just yesterday, while you were in the panic room, one of your members called me a faggot.  Ive also been called a cunt and a shitty medic by MC.  I have even had members follow me around the map trying to prevent me from reviving other players.  I have had my wheels shot out and chopper damaged multiple times by disgruntled members, which is retarded because it does not really effect me.  It does however effect those other players waiting for medical assistance.  I dont offend or have my feelings hurt easily so I could really give two shits what people on this game say or think.  In fact, I think its comical that some people get that upset at the fact that I cannot help them. Regardless, the behavior is unacceptable and I am on the cusp of denying service to all MC in the future based on the vulgar behavior of only a few members. 

I've been playing video games for a few years now and harassment is just something that comes along with it. I have been told very vulgar things before and you just have to learn to deal with it. Yeah it might sound harsh but it's the truth. The way I would suggest doing it is by ignoring them, killing them, or for extreme circumstances taking a screenshot and/or recording and then submitting it. The sort of guys that do this are just wanting a reaction out of you.

Any treatment outside of game such as in teamspeak like Shelby was speaking about I am not afraid to be vocal about my discomfort. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Be a strong independent black woman. Don't take shit from anyone. If something makes you feel uncomfortable then say it. How else will they know. 
Basically what I'm trying to say that you need to learn to have a thick skin and not let shit people say get to you and stand up for yourself. Don't depend on others to solve your own problems. I know this might sound harsh but that is how it is.

And the fact that some people commenting on this post are not taking it as seriously as they should is sad. It is honestly quite disrespectful to make such remarks.  It gives me the impression that the opinions and feelings of Lady, Queen, and Shelby obviously do not matter that much since y'all are so quick to make jokes about it. For her to have to post this onto the forums must mean that this really does bother her, and people are trying to make jokes about it. Shelby even mentions that whenever she steps up and does say that was is going on is unacceptable that she gets laughed at and that is exactly what some people are doing on this post. 
  • Like 4

Stepping up here to say that yeah, Gendered harassment is a huge issue on these servers but also on basically any gaming community. For instance, I've been playing CS:GO frequently over the past week and receiving death/rape threats, told I'm a 'bitch and a slut' as soon as I open my mouth and people hear my voice. It's everywhere, and sadly it's not an issue with just Olympus but an issue in gaming everywhere. For instance, a guy in Kavala yesterday went on a rant about how I was 'probably fat' because 'all girls who game are fat' - which is odd, considering thats not the case with all males, so why females? Females do have a prevalence in gaming, and probably would more so if gamers chilled the hell out. So not only is it an issue in Olympus, but in most other online communities based around gaming. (Since when did pressing buttons on a keyboard or controller get stereotyped to be masculine anyway?)

Most of the time though, older males (say.. 17+) tend to be a lot more kind/respectful then your regular run of the mill 12-14 year olds. I think it's also a maturity thing.

One thing in gaming communities that does bother me is people specifically stating to females they 'deserve to be raped' or 'will be raped' and variations thereupon. 1 out of every 6 women in america have at some point/will at some point be a victim of sexual violence. Saying things like that to women perpetuates that treating women like that is 'okay' and thus perpetuating threats and sexual assault jokes adds to the likelihood of more instances of sexual assault happening. Interestingly enough, from a psychological stand point, is that all men who have committed acts of sexual assault believe that most other men have also and are great at hiding it. 

Tl;dr by joking about it/threatening it, you're causing it to appear accepted and welcomed in society, thus perpetuating the likelihood of the crime and contributing to a very real problem.

It is something that does personally upset/distress me, although I've rarely spoken up about it, this also happens in casual conversations with senior R&R and community members (RE: 'Kavala rape cave' what the hell is wrong with people? Y'all wonder why I awkwardly leave the channel on TS or go very quiet for a while when its brought up..)

However carrying a gun and killing people in self defense if they're saying this in game is handy. I'd just like to see these self defense killings pardoned when correctly role played by the people involved. In some instances, they aren't.

And people wonder why, as a medic, I deny service to people so often. I don't enjoy denying service, but I do it when people are being particularly rude/disgusting, which.. is sadly quite frequently. Those who have rolled with me in game (as in, other R&R, my boyfriend and friends of mine) know just how much crap I cop some days and how bad it is. And I know it's not just directed to me, it's not just personal - because it extends to other lady players like Queen, Lady Icarus and others.

However.. on the bright side, I have reported and had someone banned for it previously, which is always a great option. Screenshots for text abuse, videos for verbal, etc. All good. Submit those tickets. And on another bright side, thank you to the people who have been really kind and have stood up for me when getting some nasty abuse. 

Like I said earlier, I'm aware that this is in fact the internet, and situations like this are bound to happen but I do want to add this:

I'm not playing CS:GO, CoD, LoL, etc. I'm playing Atlis Life RPG, heavy on the RPG. Whether or not it is your initial intention, if you condone this type of crude behavior you are essentially saying that this type of behavior is acceptable in real life. Especially taking into consideration the younger audience playing these games. I remember being a impressionable 13 year old on the internet, and I also remember being exposed to sexual materials, among other things, that ended up shaping me into the person I am today. Are these the kind of messages we want to send to the younger generation? That it's okay to sexually harass and threaten to rape women? Online or not, we're role models for the younger folks on Olympus.

• Like 2

Moob, I tried to send you this message in a PM but your messages are full or something.  I dont want to steal this thread so this is all I will say about this.

I have not had many issues, which would consider over the top, with MC until the last 2 weeks.  There are a couple of MC members, and associates, that are making the rest of the gang look like shit.  I understand that its frustrating when a medic doesn't provide services.  Regardless, that's no excuse to act and react the way some MC members are acting.  I only deny services to those who are abusing the EMS system by trolling and dying over and over under the assumption that the medics are obligated to stay with them and not assist anyone else on the map.  The only other reason for me to not respond to a call to assist or revive a person is when I am ordered not to, or to stay out of the area, by APD.  Whether people want to accept it or not, medics are obligated to abide by APD orders as we are required to be law abiding.  Just yesterday, while you were in the panic room, one of your members called me a faggot.  Ive also been called a cunt and a shitty medic by MC.  I have even had members follow me around the map trying to prevent me from reviving other players.  I have had my wheels shot out and chopper damaged multiple times by disgruntled members, which is retarded because it does not really effect me.  It does however effect those other players waiting for medical assistance.  I dont offend or have my feelings hurt easily so I could really give two shits what people on this game say or think.  In fact, I think its comical that some people get that upset at the fact that I cannot help them. Regardless, the behavior is unacceptable and I am on the cusp of denying service to all MC in the future based on the vulgar behavior of only a few members. 

Erm, I agree with what you're saying, But denying ALL service to members in the future. erm.. Nevermind. I almost used vulgar language. Come on for fuck sake, I'm Northern Irish. 

P.S. messages have been deleted message me pliz.

Erm, I agree with what you're saying, But denying ALL service to members in the future. erm.. Nevermind. I almost used vulgar language. Come on for fuck sake, I'm Northern Irish. 

P.S. messages have been deleted message me pliz.

Services can only be denied for specific reasons, and only until server restart.  After server restart services are reinstated until specific actions warrant them to be denied again. 

While it is not a written rule persay we do ban players for being extremely vulgar to female or males. Now we aren't going to ban someone if they call you a bitch or a fag once but if it constantly happens then we will. We have also made it clear that some things simply are not allowed such as racial slurs, sexual comments such as rape, calling ppl sluts & cunts, ect. For people making these comments, get a screenshot, submit a ticket and they will most likely be permanently gone from our servers. We have very little tolerance for players who go to the extreme like this as it is just toxic. If you have video of it that is even better as it shows the whole situation.

Regarding APD, if a players if running around and being abusive they can issue them a ticket and if they continue to do it they can send em to jail for it.

No player that is whitelisted is allowed to make such comments. If they do and they are caught they will be removed from the role and most likely blacklisted.

I was wondering if you would consider implementing new rules to protect us female gamers. For instance, say someone threatens to rape me and the situation ends with them dead, and a manslaughter charge on my end - currently 50/50 ends with me having my gun license removed, as well as my weapons, and being issued a ticket. Situations like this hardly seem fair at all, yet I'm consistently dealing with them. It doesn't help that a lot of the new APD members don't actively respond to my text messages in effort to turn myself in or I somehow manage to find myself dealing with an officer who instead of role playing would rather restrain me, issue a ticket, and be on their merry way (I won't mention any names but this has happened more often than preferred). 

I will definitely be submitting tickets for the more harsher engagements I've encountered, but what of those that aren't? There are no rules in place (citizen nor APD) that protect me, or other female games. I know that APD can't take a citizen's word, but what about the situations in which they're present and like many have said, can only issue three verbal warnings before any action on their end can be done. Might I suggest restraining orders, bigger and/or more serious tickets for offenders, other alternatives that alloy the citizen to protect themselves and it be actually seen as self defense? I'd rather not have my only option be submitting video/screenshot evidence, and rather see something done about it in-game if possible. Not every situation I've encountered should end with the offender being banned, but I definitely feel like something should be done. Does this make sense? :/

Some people are just fucked up.  I have been called a "cunt", a "faggot", and an "ass hole that is a shitty medic".  All because I follow the rules and play the role as it was meant to be played.  I have also had players follow me around the map and break my helicopters and vehicles because I did not do what they wanted me to do.  Unfortunately, all of my issues have been coming from MC or those affiliated with MC...  Kinda pathetic really...     

That behavior is absolutely horrendous, and for your sake I hope something is being done about it.

• Admin

Like I said earlier, I'm aware that this is in fact the internet, and situations like this are bound to happen but I do want to add this:

I'm not playing CS:GO, CoD, LoL, etc. I'm playing Atlis Life RPG, heavy on the RPG. Whether or not it is your initial intention, if you condone this type of crude behavior you are essentially saying that this type of behavior is acceptable in real life. Especially taking into consideration the younger audience playing these games. I remember being a impressionable 13 year old on the internet, and I also remember being exposed to sexual materials, among other things, that ended up shaping me into the person I am today. Are these the kind of messages we want to send to the younger generation? That it's okay to sexually harass and threaten to rape women? Online or not, we're role models for the younger folks on Olympus.

Ladyicarus, I have not been a witness to what you are saying but I definitely agree with you on the part that this is wrong. But saying that the staff is "okay" with this type of behavior is not correct. The staff have positively replied to your comments and are willing to do something about it provided the evidence requested. There are going to be some people on the game that are going to be like this, and I myself have been witness to this while playing in other gaming communities ( i.e xbox/playstation ). This should not be new to you. I am not saying you should accept it. I am just saying that you will run into this issues anywhere else you go, what changes is whether the people that staff that gaming community are willing to do something about this situation or not. In this case, I think it is pretty clear that the staff here know what to do regarding this. I for one would definitely react towards this in a law abiding way while playing as APD. 

So, with that said. Admins and moderators... as APD, are we just to abide by the handbook and sever rules when witnessing this situation? Can you give us specific instructions as to what to do in this situations? ( aside from obviously trying to take care of the situation by talking down on the perpetrators ). Let us know and I know me and many other APD members are more than willing to help in cases of harassment and/or rape threats on the server. Honestly? it is only a game but I know what you are going through and we are more than willing to help you and any other female gamer playing on our server. 

This would actually be helpful.

When I was present for the harrassment that Queen and Icarus received, the guy involved was only getting tickets. Eventually sent him to jail for NLR when someone killed him for it and he respawned, but I don't see it as ideal that the ladies have to deal with being harrassed 3 times before the guy could be sent to jail for it.

That being said, a rule like that is generally pretty subjective, and with APD being so diverse I'm sure there are discrepencies between different officers on what is and isn't harrassment. The Seniors will probably have to get with all the corporals and explain to them what does and doesn't constitute harrasment and have it passed down the chain.

To reply to Icarus, the Admins can't be everywhere at once. I also really despise how women are treated unfairly in online gaming. Even though it's inconvenient, the admins' stance on people recording and reporting is the best approach from an administrator's standpoint. They need proof. Even if rules are written, you'd still require a patrol officer to be present with you every time you get harassed and that's not feasible all the time, nor is it always going to be what someone wants to be tasked with when they come on cop to have a good time.

I would suggest running with a gang where you can find that kind of comradarie and find companions who'll just kill people for stuff like that.

There's plenty of them around, I know my own gang MC has plenty of members who'll just kill people in-game for stuff like that. It seemed like DB went to bat for you and Queen as well, so maybe they'd be a good choice too.

Rules are great and all, but having companions and friends who'll take care of business within the game is a much quicker, more efficient method. When I don't like people I usually take the approach of punishing them in-game by hunting them or just generally making things difficult for them. Sometimes it's a much quicker method of dealing with assholes.

Playing with friends that'll defend you from this in-game is probably your best bet here to minimize the harrasment. People can be banned but there will always be assholes that show up later.

I'm incredibly fortunate to have joined DB within the first few days I started playing on Olympus, and am forever grateful for them taking me in and helping me when I find myself in shitty situations. <3

If you get a screenshot of it and hand it over to the APD you would be surprised how they might RP it. Granted it isn't something we allow but the APD also can't always know why you killed someone. If you can show them why it was done type thing then they might go a bit more lenient on you.

As for putting in some rules regarding this type of situation, I'll try to get something written up that covers it for the most part. While it isn't a written rule it is toxic and we do ban players for that. At the top of the rules it does state players that are toxic or disruptive can receive bans. I would consider this extremely toxic and disruptive.

• Like 5

I've been playing video games for a few years now and harassment is just something that comes along with it. I have been told very vulgar things before and you just have to learn to deal with it. Yeah it might sound harsh but it's the truth. The way I would suggest doing it is by ignoring them, killing them, or for extreme circumstances taking a screenshot and/or recording and then submitting it. The sort of guys that do this are just wanting a reaction out of you.

Any treatment outside of game such as in teamspeak like Shelby was speaking about I am not afraid to be vocal about my discomfort. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Be a strong independent black woman. Don't take shit from anyone. If something makes you feel uncomfortable then say it. How else will they know. 
Basically what I'm trying to say that you need to learn to have a thick skin and not let shit people say get to you and stand up for yourself. Don't depend on others to solve your own problems. I know this might sound harsh but that is how it is.

And the fact that some people commenting on this post are not taking it as seriously as they should is sad. It is honestly quite disrespectful to make such remarks.  It gives me the impression that the opinions and feelings of Lady, Queen, and Shelby obviously do not matter that much since y'all are so quick to make jokes about it. For her to have to post this onto the forums must mean that this really does bother her, and people are trying to make jokes about it. Shelby even mentions that whenever she steps up and does say that was is going on is unacceptable that she gets laughed at and that is exactly what some people are doing on this post. 

I've been playing games online for as long as I can remember, and for the most part I do end up shrugging it off and moving on with my day. I expect differently from Olympus because it is a RPG server, and there are already rules in place to protect people from certain aspects, so why not include sexual harassment/abusive behavior? I wouldn't reach out to express my discomfort with the male community in CS:GO (which I play regularly), but I definitely feel Olympus is different than any online gaming community I've encountered. Hence why I love it so much, and have gone as far as to contribute to the server both personally and financially. If my assumptions about this server are misplaced or wrong, then I apologize and I obviously do not belong here.

Aside from that, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said.