Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

please help me and my cpu

4 minutes ago, marhanen said:

On mine the cooler had come loose. I had to clean, paste and reseat it. Then it was fine

I checked the cooler and its completely fan. Maybe a little dusty on the top but nothing crazy

I have an i7 7700k and ive heard that theyre known for overheating

Im planning on switching over to amd for more cores but that will also require a new mother board so not excited for that

I just put all my fans into max power so hopefully that does something

Yeah this happened to me, for short term, get a fan and point it at ur PC. Pretty ghetto solution but it worked for me. Other than that ur fan isnt working properly clearly and you need to figure out what the problem is

9 hours ago, Y A Y O said:

I checked the cooler and its completely fan. Maybe a little dusty on the top but nothing crazy

Im planning on switching over to amd for more cores but that will also require a new mother board so not excited for that

Mine felt fine when I tried to wiggle it with it still bolted on too, but when I took it off and put new thermal paste and rebolted it down it fixed my overheating 

So even if it feels fine it's still  a good idea to do if your fan runs

46 minutes ago, Joce said:

I have a corsair liquid cooling for my cpu i have the h100x i believe

28 minutes ago, marhanen said:

Mine felt fine when I tried to wiggle it with it still bolted on too, but when I took it off and put new thermal paste and rebolted it down it fixed my overheating 

So even if it feels fine it's still  a good idea to do if your fan runs

ok ill try that and ill reapply thermal paste

its probably time to switch to a better cpu soon because 4 cores is pretty bummy as of 2020 standards i think

54 minutes ago, PoptartRex said:

Do you have it overclocked at all?

or by that, do you know what motherboard you have? Some manufacturers like to do custom OCs on a CPU. 

No oc that I know of

and z170x gigabyte 6 

^something like that 

16 hours ago, Y A Y O said:

bad paste? check that

what cooler do you have?

Can u see/hear/feel the pump (not the fan) moving fluid, cause that might have failed

Make sure you don't go overboard on cores, and read the fine detail specs cause some CPUs run at low clock speeds when in full use and only boosts 1 or 2 cores to the package listed boost speed

Arma 3 only uses 4 individual cores so others will be used for other activities

Newer Gen do have improved instruction coding which will give better performance per clock speed from what you have but not by alot

16 hours ago, marhanen said:

Can u see/hear/feel the pump (not the fan) moving fluid, cause that might have failed

Make sure you don't go overboard on cores, and read the fine detail specs cause some CPUs run at low clock speeds when in full use and only boosts 1 or 2 cores to the package listed boost speed

Arma 3 only uses 4 individual cores so others will be used for other activities

Newer Gen do have improved instruction coding which will give better performance per clock speed from what you have but not by alot

I'll look more into it 

I haven't tried feeling the pump