Cops in Therisa

Planning on making a bigger post about this, but does anyone have some suggestions when it comes to cops camping therisa/bottleneck? To me it just seems like a slap in the face to the already dead cartel life. If there by chance ARE fights happening, it most likely means that the server pop is relatively high. It just seems like its a really scummy and annoying thing to do, especially since cartel life is hanging by a thread. I'm open to any suggestions, opinions, or ideas. Please share.

-metrobooomin

Has it been happening? I know during Warzone Conquest you can't hang out in those areas. You can drive through but that's it. Bottleneck is potentially a current rule based off of the APD rules as it could be considered camping a red zone.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Has it been happening? I know during Warzone Conquest you can't hang out in those areas. You can drive through but that's it. Bottleneck is potentially a current rule based off of the APD rules as it could be considered camping a red zone.

The past week there has been quite a few cops patrolling therisa, taze'ing nakeds when we respawn to go back to cap. As far as bottleneck, its more of what kami said, its them chasing and kinda lingering there for a bit.

1 minute ago, Zeuse said:

God forbid cartel players interact with another faction or anyone that doesn't fight Cartels.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with fighting the cops, I do however, have an issue with cops coming to Therisa with the soul intent of tazing nakeds trying to fight cartels.

• Like 4
  • Lead Map Designer
Just now, MattOnArma said:

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with fighting the cops, I do however, have an issue with cops coming to Therisa with the soul intent of tazing nakeds trying to fight cartels.

What do you expect?  Cops to find you in Pyrgos?  You have a spawn right next to warzone with no other locations of interest to any other faction or player.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MattOnArma said:

I mean if cops don't do it vigis will, i would rather have cops over vigis.

• Like 1
Just now, Zeuse said:

What do you expect?  Cops to find you in Pyrgos?  You have a spawn right next to warzone with no other locations of interest to any other faction or player.  

Not at all, I would expect the cops to come fight the caps instead of camping our respawns. In my opinion its a cheese way to get easy bounties. Like I said before would love to fight the cops on cap, but having the already dead fights snuffed out by cops camping our respawns is disheartening and de motivating IMO.

1 minute ago, m o n s t e r said:

I mean if cops don't do it vigis will, i would rather have cops over vigis.

This is a fair point, but recently i've had a WAY bigger issue with cops doing it. At least on S1.

• Lead Map Designer
2 minutes ago, MattOnArma said:

Not at all, I would expect the cops to come fight the caps instead of camping our respawns. In my opinion its a cheese way to get easy bounties. Like I said before would love to fight the cops on cap, but having the already dead fights snuffed out by cops camping our respawns is disheartening and de motivating IMO.

This is a fair point, but recently i've had a WAY bigger issue with cops doing it. At least on S1.

Many cops would love to fight you on caps also, but considering we need PC before entering, a Sgt+, limited to 5 waves, and are required to pay for loadouts, it's a bit difficult.  

Just now, Zeuse said:

Many cops would love to fight you on caps also, but considering we need PC before entering, a Sgt+, limited to 5 waves, and are required to pay for loadouts, it's a bit difficult.  

I get that, that's why I'm suggesting change and ideas my man. 

1 minute ago, Zeuse said:

IMO its fine if we have to pay for loadouts, but SGT+'s should be able to raid every 30 mins. They have a similar system on reborn and cartels are pretty sick there.

• Like 1
  • Lead Map Designer
7 minutes ago, MattOnArma said:

I get that, that's why I'm suggesting change and ideas my man. 

You're trying to change cops being in Therisa (bottleneck cops shouldnt be camping due to warzone being a redzone), not APDs ability to raid warzone.  You want to try and make it so APD are actually able to raid warzone then go ahead man, I'll be happy with that.

But honestly, havent seen anyone camping therisa or bottleneck recently, didn't think this was that much of a problem.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rabid said:

Against server rules, any APD member found camping therisa during conquest with the sole intention of raiding on repeat feel free to submit an internal affairs report. 

I don't think anyone mentioned conquest, I was just referring to cap fights in general.

3 minutes ago, Monks said:

IMO its fine if we have to pay for loadouts, but SGT+'s should be able to raid every 30 mins. They have a similar system on reborn and cartels are pretty sick there.

you can also spawn at warzone air, vehicles that are blown up are back in your garage on restart, hummingbirds are cheap af so you buy 20 and you're good, and they do warzone which gives you up to like 200-250k (depending on the amount of people on cap (average is like 100-110k)) per x seconds and per kill (warzone also happens every restart if there are 50+ people on) you can also make over 2mil in a 20 minute run.

basically saying cartels on reborn are sick b/c you can basically fight and never run out of money (unless you're a full blown retard)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

You're trying to change cops being in Therisa (bottleneck cops shouldnt be camping due to warzone being a redzone), not APDs ability to raid warzone.  You want to try and make it so APD are actually able to raid warzone then go ahead man, I'll be happy with that.

Yeah, I'd be more than happy to have more lenient/friendly rules for cops to raid warzone, fights are fights in my eyes. My only problem is getting arrested on respawn by therisa patrolling cops when there are actual fights going on. 

• Like 1
  • Lead Map Designer
1 minute ago, MattOnArma said:

Yeah, I'd be more than happy to have more lenient/friendly rules for cops to raid warzone, fights are fights in my eyes. My only problem is getting arrested on respawn by therisa patrolling cops when there are actual fights going on. 

@Millennium

• Like 1
Just now, rabid said:

I mean the way I see it cops shouldn't be camping Therisa but there is currently no rule against it unless conquest is active 

I understand now, I completely agree.

1 hour ago, Zeuse said:

it is not me that makes the decisions. There are other people as well. Also would like to point out that this is 1 person's opinion plenty of people have different opinions on this matter.

2 hours ago, Monks said:

On reborn cops can just go boss

• Like 1
  • Senior Admin
4 hours ago, Zeuse said:

But honestly, havent seen anyone camping therisa or bottleneck recently, didn't think this was that much of a problem.

It's not a massive issue but it does happen. What the most common I see them do is chase you into wz and chase you to rebel lethal you whilst naked and leave for free money or just attempt to fight the cap as they chased you into warzone. I've personally had a LT do this to me 

• Lead Map Designer
6 hours ago, Millennium said:

it is not me that makes the decisions. There are other people as well. Also would like to point out that this is 1 person's opinion plenty of people have different opinions on this matter.

Was hoping you'd @ the correct people because idk whos on Cartel council lol.  But are you really saying that this one persons opinion doesn't matter?  Lots of people are made up of individuals, just making sure you're paying attention to them also. ☃️

3 hours ago, Masoooooooooon said:

I've personally had a LT do this to me 

5 hours ago, Strae said:

2007-kia-rondo-taxi-cab-1.jpg

• Clown 1
11 hours ago, MattOnArma said:

Planning on making a bigger post about this, but does anyone have some suggestions when it comes to cops camping therisa/bottleneck? To me it just seems like a slap in the face to the already dead cartel life. If there by chance ARE fights happening, it most likely means that the server pop is relatively high. It just seems like its a really scummy and annoying thing to do, especially since cartel life is hanging by a thread. I'm open to any suggestions, opinions, or ideas. Please share.

I have seen a lot of cops doing it recently and they try following me in to rebel and get raped so I cba it also gives them an oppurtunity to push cap which is fun.

But if they tase you in therisa its kinda annoying 

Edited by jackr
4 hours ago, jackr said:

I have seen a lot of cops doing it recently and they try following me in to rebel and get raped so I cba it also gives them an oppurtunity to push cap which is fun.

But if they tase you in therisa its kinda annoying 

Yeah I have no issue with them just following into warzone, but recently its been cops tasing nakeds in therisa, thats what I have an issue with.