Why does the server open and close at certain times now?

1 hour ago, LiterallyIkea said:

I'm so confused I want to play the game all night with the boys but it closes so soon. not epic.

BASICALLY, all the lazy people on the server who never want to do runs threw a hissie fit that they couldn't go around robbing people for cash 24/7, and this led to the extremely short sighted idea of cramming everyone into one sever, which ultimately made the server into such a hellscape for new players trying to do runs that suv's of apples couldnt even make it to the market without getting robbed and admins/mods actually had to step in and start guarding new players during runs to stop them from quitting the server immediately, and by that point everyone was so heavily invested into it there was no backing out or admitting it was a bad idea.  

38 minutes ago, anti said:

BASICALLY, all the lazy people on the server who never want to do runs threw a hissie fit that they couldn't go around robbing people for cash 24/7, and this led to the extremely short sighted idea of cramming everyone into one sever, which ultimately made the server into such a hellscape for new players trying to do runs that suv's of apples couldnt even make it to the market without getting robbed and admins/mods actually had to step in and start guarding new players during runs to stop them from quitting the server immediately, and by that point everyone was so heavily invested into it there was no backing out or admitting it was a bad idea.  

anti being completely wrong about every single word that comes out of her mouth part #5928

1 hour ago, LiterallyIkea said:

The server is not showing on a3 launcher

I recommend you open up Arma 3 and use the in game server browser. If you still cannot find the servers.

Server browser -> Direct Connect -> put in the following IP:

SERVER 1:

os1.olympus-entertainment.com

SERVER 2:

os2.olympus-entertainment.com

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, Tech said:

anti being completely wrong about every single word that comes out of her mouth part #5928

Agree to disagree on that one. Server merge lost more players than we gained, and left the 140 pop server so overloaded nobody can do much of anything during peak hours anyways.

16 minutes ago, anti said:

Agree to disagree on that one. Server merge lost more players than we gained, and left the 140 pop server so overloaded nobody can do much of anything during peak hours anyways.

Straight up empirically incorrect but go off I guess.

• Like 2
  • Lead Developer
10 minutes ago, anti said:

The first part isn't true. Initially, it seemed we had lower pop because there weren't 2 servers up constantly, but we have gained MANY more new players, almost akin to the days of old to be honest.  I've personally been putting every minute possible of mine into trying to fix the performance of both server and clients. I can also say that the rest of the development team has been working their asses off to fix certain aspects of the server.

In the end, outdated code is very bad for performance, and it take a long time to revise and rewrite it. It's also why you've been seeing bugs with seemingly unrelated things, because they are getting rewritten in a more up to date format

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • PogChamp 1
10 minutes ago, Fraali said:

The first part isn't true. Initially, it seemed we had lower pop because there weren't 2 servers up constantly, but we have gained MANY more new players, almost akin to the days of old to be honest.  I've personally been putting every minute possible of mine into trying to fix the performance of both server and clients. I can also say that the rest of the development team has been working their asses off to fix certain aspects of the server.

In the end, outdated code is very bad for performance, and it take a long time to revise and rewrite it. It's also why you've been seeing bugs with seemingly unrelated things, because they are getting rewritten in a more up to date format

The work of the dev team is definitely appreciated, and in no way a light task.  Just wish all that work was spent on something more useful than trying to spin gold from the merged server straw.  

3 hours ago, anti said:

The work of the dev team is definitely appreciated, and in no way a light task.  Just wish all that work was spent on something more useful than trying to spin gold from the merged server straw.  

Why would someone new want to join a server with 30 people on it during prime US hours? They wouldn't, they'd rather go play elsewhere that the server is popping.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Why would someone new want to join a server with 30 people on it during prime US hours? They wouldn't, they'd rather go play elsewhere that the server is popping.

I get that drumming up players was needed, but those were already two different established servers with hierarchies, territories, and their own subcultures.  

If you have a half a glass of dr pepper, and a half a glass of milk, you cant just mix them together to make a whole glass of shit.

3 hours ago, anti said:

I get that drumming up players was needed, but those were already two different established servers with hierarchies, territories, and their own subcultures.  

If you have a half a glass of dr pepper, and a half a glass of milk, you cant just mix them together to make a whole glass of shit.

Coming from an old S2 main before all this stuff happened, I agree, the mixing of 88 and Noble, SPQR and Silla and so on was quite weird

• Like 2

Its a different culture now compared to what it was back when Olympus had 2 close to 3 servers full, adapt to it or quit, if all your gonna do is complain then quit playing? Noone is holding you at gunpoint to play S1, if your that hard addicted you need arma available 24/7 then that's on you, not Olympus.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

Its a different culture now compared to what it was back when Olympus had 2 close to 3 servers full, adapt to it or quit, if all your gonna do is complain then quit playing? Noone is holding you at gunpoint to play S1, if your that hard addicted you need arma available 24/7 then that's on you, not Olympus.

Love how you attack me for having an opinion you don't agree with in one post, and then agree with the same opinion when someone else expresses it in another. 

Stop coming after me.  

5 minutes ago, anti said:

Love how you attack me for having an opinion you don't agree with in one post, and then agree with the same opinion when someone else expresses it in another. 

The whole world doesn't evolve around you hence why i didn't quote you as its not directed specifically at you but majority of people. Delusional tard.

1 hour ago, SPBojo said:

improvise.jpg

On 3/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, SPBojo said:

I did quit.

S1 has always been so bad I can't even will myself to log in.

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

I think while anti might not of gotten her point across in the best way/words, I don't think she is far off. While server 2 was being talked about, I saw the majority of complaints being that there was not fights, specifically no one to rob. I can definitely agree that new players can barely step foot on the server without getting raped, and about half of them quit because they immediately get RDM'd or robbed, and then when they ask about it in side chat they get shit on. IF (I said if by the way) server 2 cannot somehow get revived and keeps turning on and off, maybe give players with less than 20 hours or so something above their head to let people know they are new, to encourage experienced players to lay off of them. However, you guys are saying that server 2 gets turned on and off due to the lack of players on the server, but you cannot expect server 2's popularity to grow if you keep turning it off. It discourages players from putting their time into server 2 like houses and events and stuff like that, because they know it will be shut down, so maybe just leave it open and see if the popularity starts to rise.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:58 AM, anti said:

I mean you can and that's exactly what that would be. A glass of shit.