Should we remove NLR?

NLR yay or nay or sorta nay  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove NLR

• Yes.
    • No
    • Yes but you can no longer respawn anywhere near the area you died.

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Skateezy said:

NLR is a completely useless mechanic. I’d like to counter the third point by stating that the time it takes to go to a proper place to get a full kit is bare minimum a couple minutes. Not many fights are going to be won by one teammate showing up with a kit in the middle of it after they died, adding to that they would also forfeit their kit they died in to be able to respawn.

I hope one wins.

Agree to disagree

For example: kill someone pro'ing near a house

it is not uncommon to have multiple kits in houses 

or even pull an at to fuck that shit up lol

but no one follows it anyway so why not

18 minutes ago, Tammy said:

Remove NLR within city limits and decrease the NLR timer to 5-10 minutes outside cities.

Not that you're bias or anything.  Infinite silla zerg in Kav.

I think NLR is necessary.  I don't want to see it gone at all tbh.   Without some enforcement of it, it's an entirely different gameplay.

yes and no if you steal some kids run and he just keeps coming back with rooks and pdubs its gonna be cancer and like that on guy said feds will be a lot more civ sided 

can be tweaked but not removed completely, if I rob a mother fucker he shouldn't be able to come back and shoot me in the back while I lockpick his shit. Also I don't like not being able to respawn where I got killed cause if I am chilling in Kavala and I get RDMed how am I suppose to break NLR to RDM him back?

• Haha 1

What in the fuck has this server turned into if NLR removal is a serious potential option. Everyone saying "Oh no one follows it anyways" well guess what, report the dumbass, they'll learn to follow the rule. New player retention is somewhat a concern since obviously this game is beyond it's years, but the real concern is the shit show that would occur at every single fight. God forbid you would have removed NLR back in the day near Moonshine, my fucking rats would of never stopped coming. 

• Like 9
  • STFU 1
58 minutes ago, Orgondo said:

What in the fuck has this server turned into if NLR removal is a serious potential option. Everyone saying "Oh no one follows it anyways" well guess what, report the dumbass, they'll learn to follow the rule. New player retention is somewhat a concern since obviously this game is beyond it's years, but the real concern is the shit show that would occur at every single fight. God forbid you would have removed NLR back in the day near Moonshine, my fucking rats would of never stopped coming. 

"No one follows it anyways" just means you're allowed to break it if you win popularity contests. 

If anything I'd say just get rid of NLR in Therisa.  Too many people using nlr to keep people out of wz is annoying.

• Head Admin
16 hours ago, SPBojo said:

Imagine being a new player, you manage to rob someone doing mushroom, next thing you know the same guy pulls up not even 2 minutes later fully kitted and shoots you in the back of the head, i personally would alt f4 and never join the server again. 

Wish we'd known that years ago =(

12 hours ago, Noble said:

@Grandma Gary I find it interesting that you didnt allow us to see who voted for what. I really wish we could see who voted yes and who voted no shame.

1896d8ba4a867070a45c0725f2fb46f9.png Can you not click this?

7 hours ago, Dingle Pooper said:

Also I don't like not being able to respawn where I got killed cause if I am chilling in Kavala and I get RDMed how am I suppose to break NLR to RDM him back?

Finally asking the real questions ;D

Extremely mixed results, interesting.

• Like 2
  • Admin
31 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

1896d8ba4a867070a45c0725f2fb46f9.png Can you not click this?

7 hours ago, Dingle Pooper said:

Nope us mere peasants cant see that 😞 There should be an option somewhere to allow us to see who voted for what but with the new forums I dont even know if it exists 

• Head Admin
1 minute ago, Noble said:

Nope us mere peasants cant see that 😞 There should be an option somewhere to allow us to see who voted for what but with the new forums I dont even know if it exists 

Should be gucci now.  Option is off by default now =(

• Love 1
On 3/18/2021 at 10:37 PM, Skateezy said:

How do you figure?

Federal Reserve is right next to a HQ. Athira > Rebel > Fed is at minimum a 6 minute trip.

because its not hard to have 2 person in each tower with 200 round clips shooting up incoming hatchbacks like a Florida school attacking is a lot harder then defending

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Push anyone with a small bank or a small gang away from trying to hit bigger targets without NLR. Thought we're trying to find ways to help with new player retention, not find ways to push em off the server. Sure NLR reports can be petty, but so are the people breaking a rule that's been a part of the server since the beginning. Want to tweak it for certain zones/situations like we have at cartel zones? sounds great- I think federal events and Therisa can have a reduced NLR timer or some kind of exception.

it should be the same as medic when a fed goes off... when you die in an area and whatever respawn thats within 4k of that area you wont be able to respawn in... because by the time you regear and head back enough time should have passed that fight shouldve ended

also we should just test it out... release a patch for a month and see how it goes and if it goes well then keep it.. obivously if not then never do it again lol

I see this being aids for anyone who robs people lol. Go rob anyone anywhere on the map and they can be back there or in the area within 10 min with a full kit lol. Just seems kinda aids.

If you remove NLR it would fuck it all because any federal events that happen it will just make corps + like deputies and and PO's cuz they can just come back straight away. When a PO - taze them they have to restrain them and try to get them out if they can, but if they die they can get unrestrained so it's kinda like that for corps+ if you remove NLR. Also if someone is doing a run and gets killed by someone they can just come back so I feel like it will be broken as fuck and will be unfair on people who is trying to rob people. Yea people break NLR all the time, but people do still get reported for it still and removing it will just be bad. 

Personally, I would definitely prefer if when I kill a Silla member at weed pro and am lockpicking, they don't come back 2 minutes later catching me with my pants down. And if they do come back? Well if you die to a NLR breaker, guess what... you can submit a report and then a comp request! Wow, crazy how that works. But if NLR is removed what is to happen? Oh and endless zombie hoard of PDW's, yeah that sounds fun when I'm trying to process. 

• Like 1