New Players

• Admin

Come on guys. Let’s not be so quick to shit on the guy for having an idea. If you disagree then how about you come up with something yourself? Or why you disagree with this in the first place. 

I think it’s a great idea for the APD to move focus towards legal zones to encourage new players to feel welcomed on the server. 

But why don’t you?

• Like 6
  • BlessUp 1

I like to patrol legal zones to keep people from getting robbed but doesn't mean I'll necessarily check redzones any less just make checking legals a regular part of patrols 🙂

Either way great idea

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AmericanWaffle said:

New/legal run players!

Listen, if you are online and I'm online, message the APD if you need help and/or are about to get robbed. We will come help. Members of the APD, including myself, are actively adding legal areas to our patrols. This is not an attempt to be an "rp'er." It is instead an approach that will hopefully make people feel safer when going about their runs. To summarize: 

• Message the APD dispatch if you are about to/are getting robbed  (we will come help you)
  • The APD will be patrolling legal areas on a regular basis to ensure that players are not getting robbed
  • As a result of checking legal zones more frequently, red zones will be checked less frequently (by the officers patrolling legal areas)

This is how some of us are trying to help better the server and encourage people to complete runs without the fear of being clapped right away. As a result, the following may happen:

• It will become safer to complete legal runs
  • Officers will be in red zones less frequently, as we are assisting/protecting new players
  • Those who are new may be more encouraged to grind if they don't think that they're gonna be robbed every time. 

If you rob new players, go rob people doing illegal runs instead.

Yeah I'm only here to fuck over the civs OBVIOUSLY so idk what this "roleplay" idea is for 🥱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Chadetheus said:

Not sure why everybody always cringes at the idea of roleplay when they take their roles so seriously they have to make o7 posts when they leave the server, R&R, or APD; which in and of itself is roleplay.

Roleplay is what makes the game fun, the only aspect of the server roleplay does not affect is cartels. A lot of people thought Gunhand was hilarious and he was essentially a character role.

there is a lot of stigma around roleplay on Olympus, for seemingly no reason. It would be an improvement for the server if we didn’t characterize everything around people that are playing deathmatch/conquest on an Altis Server and instead add more additions (like this one) to the server.

Good idea - please keep them coming. The APD drastically needs a rework from the inherent robocop deal they have going on now.

Love the support man 🙂

1 hour ago, Sturmtruppe said:

Appreciate the help Waffle. Waffle showed up during a firefight at the Platinum trader. 

Always. You know to call me 🙂

32 minutes ago, Rossco said:

Yeah I'm only here to fuck over the civs OBVIOUSLY so idk what this "roleplay" idea is for 🥱

It's true I've seen it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rossco said:

To help the server, clearly newer players are run off by civs robbing them. @ AmericanWaffle  is merely providing a means for those players to get assistance. Not to mention, the APD has encouraged cops to respond to Dispatches or Panic Buttons, so all this does, is let new players know this is an option. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Senior Admin

Honestly could do with something like updated pings on stolen vehicles which are GPS tracked. Think you were on earlier when we went and saved that stolen truck whilst we did get it back for the guy without spam messages with where it was and the guy dropping grid coordinates would of probably been lost.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, anti said:

Wow, it's almost like an exact suggestion I made forever ago that got shitted to death has had enough time for someone else to come up with it so it's now a good idea.

Thats how it works woman

• Like 4
  • BlessUp 1
  • Haha 3