Help me understand.

• Director of R&R

Not too long ago I was playing civ with my gang and we did a robbery at the silver proc and killed lea with RDM after my gang member told me her sent her the message to engage her. The clip she sent was 2:31 seconds long and within 24 hours I was banned. Now according to the rules the video must be 5  minutes long hers was not and I got banned.  

Here is her clip.  Now I was RDMed while playing medic responding to a revive in pygros and when I went to start reviving the player Meredith Decided to just RDM me and tried to RDM another medic who was also there with me.  Now the video I sent was 5 minutes and had time before and after my death to show that the player never engaged me and I get a response from an admin saying that I did not have enough evidence to show that I was RDMed. My clip is below.

So in what way is my death not RDM the same as when i shot Lea at silver proc.  Please help me understand.

• Hmm 3

Lea had just logged in so there is nothing prior to that that would have constituted engagement. In the latter video, you uploaded a 5 minute clip but were killed 2-3 minutes in. The evidence guideline for that report would require 5 minutes prior to the incident to establish that they had not initiated on you prior to the incident and it did not happen in the 5 minute RP window. Hope this helps 

• Like 3
  • Director of R&R

If thats the case i have had one of my post rejected when i just logged into the server because there was not 5 minutes before.  and even still i show enough before the rdm for you guys to see he was in the wrong.  if yall cant see that was rdm then i dont know 

2 hours ago, ExtLordz said:

Not too long ago I was playing civ with my gang and we did a robbery at the silver proc and killed lea with RDM after my gang member told me her sent her the message to engage her. The clip she sent was 2:31 seconds long and within 24 hours I was banned. Now according to the rules the video must be 5  minutes long hers was not and I got banned.  

Here is her clip.  Now I was RDMed while playing medic responding to a revive in pygros and when I went to start reviving the player Meredith Decided to just RDM me and tried to RDM another medic who was also there with me.  Now the video I sent was 5 minutes and had time before and after my death to show that the player never engaged me and I get a response from an admin saying that I did not have enough evidence to show that I was RDMed. My clip is below.

So in what way is my death not RDM the same as when i shot Lea at silver proc.  Please help me understand.

In your clip Maridith kills you 2 mins into the video so it does not fully show the full RP window so it got denied for lack of evidence 

• Like 1
  • Senior Admin
1 hour ago, ExtLordz said:

If thats the case i have had one of my post rejected when i just logged into the server because there was not 5 minutes before.  and even still i show enough before the rdm for you guys to see he was in the wrong.  if yall cant see that was rdm then i dont know 

I think I know what report you are talking about. There is a pretty reasonable explanation as to why it was denied. I'm sure any staff member will look at it and come to the same conclusion. If you want to talk about it with us in TeamSpeak or a PM, I know I would be happy to explain it and our reasoning behind the evidence guideline. 

Your video probably was RDM, but without proper evidence all the reported player needs to do is say "Well I engaged right before the video started" and we wouldn't have a ban anymore.

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R
1 hour ago, ClashBy said:

the buzzy mic bugs me man

i was listening to music and youtube called themselves muting it sorry it was horrible. and i still have the larger video of that moment if i resubmit will it count or is it too long after the day it happened?

• Admin

See, the video that got you banned basically showed when LEA had logged in to the server, meaning she was not engaged with anyone at the moment. Then you killed her without any proper verbal or text engagement. If the video would have been a 2 minute long video and LEA would have already been moving around and fighting (not having just spawned in), I would have denied it. 

• Like 1

Can I get a +1 for every time my name is mentioned in this thread. Damn.

Here's what I do @ ExtLordz , as I, too, have had RDM clips denied for it being too short, set whatever you use to record to do 15minute clips and trim to make certain that you have at least the five minutes prior to your death.  

Best of luck out there 😊

• Like 1
5 hours ago, anti said:

Don't rob Lea.. what kind of an asshole robs lea?  

Well in fairness it wasn't my silver being robbed. I was helping a new guy. And I do have better odds of not being robbed on this server than most, hence my "Let me talk to them" comment in the video. Most of the server get cupcakes on the regular from me, and I know how to cut them off 😂😂😂😂😁✂️😎

Ooo I think we should track most cupcakes purchased! 🤔🤔😍

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Lea said:

15minute clips and trim to make certain that you have at least the five minutes prior to your death.

That's some major crackhead energy right there, I'd say 6-8 is better because you have enough time to react and hit alt + f10 but unless you report 100% of the time, keeping 15 minute HD clips will destroy your storage.

40 minutes ago, sploding said:

That's some major crackhead energy right there, I'd say 6-8 is better because you have enough time to react and hit alt + f10 but unless you report 100% of the time, keeping 15 minute HD clips will destroy your storage.

My reasoning behind is that I don't typically clip right away, most times I wait until I get up and see what the scenario is. If it is a newb just learning I try to talk to them first or if it was simply a case of goofing around etc. Basically, if someone wants to be a jerk then I clip and send it. I still send in a fair share of reports though 🤷‍♀️

I also regularly clean up my storage and really I have lots of space. 

1 hour ago, sploding said:

You don't need SSD or even hybrid drives to store video.  I had an old 2 tb 7200 rpm drive I stored my videos on and I'd only have to clear it once every 2 months.  It does nothing to game speed.

Videos don't need to be crazy high quality either.