Civ Council Trying to Monopolize Cartels

It is important that we pay attention to what they they're trying to do to cartels.  

Read the roundtable.  They want to make 3 caps all grouped up with 3 drugs on 2 of them.

This is an attempt to make it so one gang can easily monopolize all of them without having to do any real movement. 

Travel distance is one of the few counters smaller gangs and solos have against the large gangs.  It forces them to split their numbers. 

If we let this happen, you're basically agreeing to let a very small handful of large sweaty cartel gangs have a permanent monopoly on cartels and it pointless to even go without 5+ people.
I know people gonna use this post as an opportunity to troll, but if you aren't in Cabal or Teamplayers, I promise this is going to kill your cartel experience.   They already have gangbase as a permanent fixture, let smaller gangs have a chance on caps. 

Please don't let your hate for me cloud your judgement on this.  This is bad.  

• Senior Web Developer

Yeah definitely sounds like a bad idea for smaller gangs. Where did you see they are suggesting this?

Also, I’m rather new around here in terms of time spent playing, but what are the chances the Arms cartel gets some updates? It’s as boring as can be and the attack strategy is old. Change it up to create some new attack strategies. It’s just base Altis with nothing added to it. 😴

• Like 1
  • STFU 1

yea your smoking crack. no gang splits people between all caps unless theyre backcapping or legitimately massing. They literally said its to condense down the amount of caps to incentivize more fighting and less backcapping for money. Yea theres a few mass logging nerds who cant fight a cap without 8 members but i know a handful of gangs including ours who will fight and hold caps with like 2-4 people & none of us are complaining. Your just looking for a reason to complain, maybe pick up a mk1 kit and learn how to fight lol. Also acting like these updates are targeted to you is actually crazy. I dont mean this from a place of hate anti but your actually batshit insane if you think they are currently making changes specifically for you. Especially one that's literally moving caps.

Also this is just roundtable. None of the ideas posted are 100% going into the server.
antiupdate.png.5d1aec30b80af5d25413b8e53a6748ed.png

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Also acting like these updates are targeted to you is actually crazy. I dont mean this from a place of hate anti but your actually batshit insane if you think they are currently making changes specifically for you. Especially one that's literally moving caps.

I must be old and need my reading glasses, but where was this stated?

• Like 1

This is being done so rodents can't AFK in the water and in general benefit from doing stupid shit / afk capping and actually have to put effort into what they do. Cartels was never ment to be a raw source of income,it was ment to be a place to fight so grow a pair or dont go to warzone.

• Like 5
  • +1 1
  • Downvote 1
19 minutes ago, Creepy said:

I must be old and need my reading glasses, but where was this stated?

On 1/10/2022 at 7:40 AM, anti said:

They have made a total of 4-5 nerfs directly targeted at me so far on the server.  Wouldn't surprise me.  

Play like a bot or leave the server basically.

Bro they're even going after my bombs.  WTF.  You guys really gonna have an entire fucking rountable and just talk about me?  And then have the nerve to put one of my ideas up?? lmmfao

News flash.  I'll fucking adapt.  I always do... and you'll have to change 1000 mechanics to satisfy the fragile egos of teenage boys.

The driving force behind this change is that cartels aren’t really meant for smaller gangs to capture and AFK while money comes in. It’s an area set aside specifically so large groups can competitively fight and reap rewards from coming out on top. There’ve been several really great changes from Civ Council that’re directed towards helping out players who don’t fit that criteria. Vehicle processing and being able to sell legal runs at DP points for a higher price are just a couple and hopefully we can stay on track to come up with better ways to help smaller groups make decent money in the server. 

Originally, the cartels were going to be more condensed but what we have now is the compromise we all felt would be of benefit to the server and cartel fighters as a whole. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Strafe said:

Also this is just roundtable. None of the ideas posted are 100% going into the server.

Nah once it hits the roundtable blog its almost guaranteed to get put in. Its how long it might take to get implemented that matters.

Ya'll, look at the gangs of everyone opposing this.  They are abusing Civ Council to give their gangs an advantage.  

I encourage you to voice your opinions about this because once they turn cartels into a money printing  machine for 2-3 gangs, there is no going back.

@ Ryan   Please recognize this for what it is.  Don't make cartels a 3 gang money printer that nobody can fight without 6+ people.  

1 hour ago, [OP4] Dominic said:

Yeah definitely sounds like a bad idea for smaller gangs. Where did you see they are suggesting this?

Also, I’m rather new around here in terms of time spent playing, but what are the chances the Arms cartel gets some updates? It’s as boring as can be and the attack strategy is old. Change it up to create some new attack strategies. It’s just base Altis with nothing added to it. 😴

Cant really do anything to it in vanilla besides add buildings.

2 hours ago, Siltonious Milton II said:

There's more coming soon to replace them. You might have to trade the rebreather in for a proper vest

I barely ever shark anymore.  1 out of 10 kits.  I only shark to protect titans now.

38 minutes ago, anti said:

Cant really do anything to it in vanilla besides add buildings.

nah we could delete the whole cap and start from scratch but it simply wont happen as its a staple of Altis life and the most fought cartel by far.

40 minutes ago, anti said:

Ya'll, look at the gangs of everyone opposing this.  They are abusing Civ Council to give their gangs an advantage.  

I encourage you to voice your opinions about this because once they turn cartels into a money printing  machine for 2-3 gangs, there is no going back.

@ Ryan   Please recognize this for what it is.  Don't make cartels a 3 gang money printer that nobody can fight without 6+ people.  

Just call it what it is and say it already. You're 1 of 2 people that have had a negative response to this. Can confirm it was a unanimous vote in council and no one was planning on capitalizing on the idea. I think silton said it best.

2 hours ago, Siltonious Milton II said:

There's more coming soon to replace them. You might have to trade the rebreather in for a proper vest

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 2
30 minutes ago, Falco said:

Just call it what it is and say it already. You're 1 of 2 people that have had a negative response to this. Can confirm it was a unanimous vote in council and no one was planning on capitalizing on the idea. I think silton said it best.

I shark like 1/10 kits anymore.  This isn't about sharking.

This isn't even about me.  It's about the monopoly of cartels by like 3 gangs, and nobody outside those gangs and their friendships will ever have them.

They say it isn't about money, while making moves to make sure they get all the money.

2 minutes ago, rabid said:

The goal is to revive cartels, NOT cater to solo gangs

obviously solo gangs shouldn't be holding cartels and this will incentivize players to join gangs and further increase fighting

Frog should also be added to cartels!

It's not reviving cartels to make defending them god tier all of them a 40 second drive apart.   It's making sure that numbers=win regardless with absolutely 0 counters.  Half these ppl defending this thought process are going to intensely regret it.  People coming to a life server tryna make it into CQC with money.

The moment this is implemented, people will have as much chance at taking caps as they do at taking gang base.. and we see how that works out.

2 minutes ago, rabid said:

you are NOT required to go to cartels as a new player (or experienced player), 15% tax is not that bad so stop acting like this will kill the server and harm players when 80% of them already don't contest any cartels because they do LEGAL runs

Basically "Pay cabal 15% of your money, and don't complain that we are going to get infinite money just for existing and breaking a huge part of the server so we have an advantage that cannot be contested.  What is so hard about this?"

1 minute ago, anti said:

Basically "Pay cabal 15% of your money, and don't complain that we are going to get infinite money just for existing and breaking a huge part of the server so we have an advantage that cannot be contested.  What is so hard about this?"

They already have that with Feds.... why would they also need cartels? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, anti said:

The only thing I'd be trading in is a rebel license for a vigi license.  Cut me out and I'll just camp rebels

Please dont..they already hate us enough without you being involved.

• Haha 1

Honestly after this shit, civ council just needs to be disbanded.  They aren't looking out for the server.  They've made it clear all they care about is using the positions to give their gangs an advantage.

Ya'll are just nancy pelosi ong. 

1 minute ago, anti said:

Honestly after this shit, civ council just needs to be disbanded.  They aren't looking out for the server.  They've made it clear all they care about is using the positions to give their gangs an advantage.

Im not even in a gang

9 minutes ago, anti said:

you do realise other people fight caps then cabal right?

as of writing this cabal has no caps right now.

https://stats.olympus-entertainment.com/stats/cartels/

Actually look at that? Alot of gangs with less than 5 people are holding caps isent that crazy?

26 minutes ago, Strafe said:

you do realise other people fight caps then cabal right?

as of writing this cabal has no caps right now.

https://stats.olympus-entertainment.com/stats/cartels/

Actually look at that? Alot of gangs with less than 5 people are holding caps isent that crazy?

No shit sherlock.. they haven't implemented this yet.