Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Arma's new map screenshots

more like Overhyped life tbh, the map by the looks is great, but gameplay wise for a Life mod, im dropping my +1 to a 0...

Based on 1 minute's worth of video where they show probably 5% of the total map? Open your mind to the possibility of something new and shiny, grasshopper.

Based on 1 minute's worth of video where they show probably 5% of the total map? Open your mind to the possibility of something new and shiny, grasshopper.

based on the screenshots and people that made the map and people thats played on it : )

based on the screenshots and people that made the map and people thats played on it : )

Wasn't aware that they released the map for public or semi-public testing. Where is it available?

Wasn't aware that they released the map for public or semi-public testing. Where is it available?

not even semi public, people that work there  : )

i won a competition while back where i went to bohemia HQ, met some people and ever since ive had them as "inside" info : )

not even semi public, people that work there  : )

i won a competition while back where i went to bohemia HQ, met some people and ever since ive had them as "inside" info : )

Quite the coincidence, I guess we'll see what happens.

Ya I'm not a referee but I'm throwing the yellow flag and calling bullshit

dream on

Im actually serius, Fanta had a competion about it where you would send in your best "Gaming & Fanta" picture, i won that with 11 others. hella fun thing.

I've had a presentation from a worker at Bohmia Interactive Simulations, with him came a few fagroys that let us know about this island once. After the boring ass 1 hour presentation I asked one of them how it will utalaise with the whole Life gamemode that people play and he said that he's unsure, he thinks it may work as a little tropical island that people are ihabitating. But at same time, it is a whole different terrain compared to Arma.

Personally I don't think it'll work, Arma feels like a small map for Altis Life eitherway as it's so easy to run into someone or patrol the place and with an even smaller map it'll be an overkill that _PD can't patrol same redzone every 20 minutes to make it fair on people.

But interested how it'll feel, my computer tells me bad for it...

Planes? Hmm... as part of MC I say it's needed!

Also I'm glad that they started to take care of Civilian aspect, not only because of Arma 3 Life (With any map) but also due to co-op missions - to keep the immersion going. Scenario where you see a populated town such as Kavala - instead of seeing just cars and some boats driving about you have a lot more realistic vehicles then you go to training to Stratis and instead of seeing just cars driving around, planes flying and everyone being happy you see a lot of shit destroyed.

Gives a lot more immersion in my opinion.

EDIT

ANYONE NOTICE THESE? THEY MAY BE DRIVABLE. THE IFRIT WILL BE FUCKED WHEN THIS SHIT IS IN ARMA

2e743c1d2df9fd8cde1a0bb1170c2a13.png

Oh wow imagine if they're are the "super sized" heavy equipment!!    Oh how I would love to climb a ladder to get in my vehicle.

Hopefully it's "easy enough" to get altis on that!  That jungle with some weather would be awsome!!