map remake again?!

There will be no wipe.

ok well i hope not so it wont effect houses if the maps are redone?? me and im sure many others dont fancy grinding it out all over again im sure is all. and if it causes less fps drop sounds good to me even if i think thats a bohemia engine problem the fps issue when alots going on smoke or a ton of vehicles causing it

Poseidon is doing an entire remake of Altis Life scripting, along with this is going to be a map remake. Increasing FPS/Server Performance is going to be a prominent goal with the map and Altis Life remake as well. As Grandma Gary stated, your in-game stuff  will be persistent through any of these changes as there will be no wipe.

• Like 1

Poseidon is doing an entire remake of Altis Life scripting, along with this is going to be a map remake. Increasing FPS/Server Performance is going to be a prominent goal with the map and Altis Life remake as well. As Grandma Gary stated, your in-game stuff  will be persistent through any of these changes as there will be no wipe.

ok sounds good to me hope the fps can be resolved but if a full remake and scripting resolves it im all for it glad theres no wipe also

if anything is getting wiped it would have to be houses yes, but with house wipe i would think there could be some sort of refund for the houses. but nothing confirmed tho.

if anything is getting wiped it would have to be houses yes, but with house wipe i would think there could be some sort of refund for the houses. but nothing confirmed tho.

ok hopefully not but eh thats if i even have my houses when im back STILL waiting on my motherboard being delivered lol

Why would houses be wiped. With the map remake we are still using Altis so all map housing would be the same. Pletherdin pls confirm.

Why would houses be wiped. With the map remake we are still using Altis so all map housing would be the same. Pletherdin pls confirm.

they would be wiped based on what i said, if housing were totally reworked.  and seeing as some reworking would have to happen, i dont think itl happen.

they would be wiped based on what i said, if housing were totally reworked.  and seeing as some reworking would have to happen, i dont think itl happen.

I guess it would depend on what Poseidon is planning to do for housing in the remake.

No wipes are planned. It's no longer a complete 100% remake, but a rather big overhaul/update. Map is being completely redone and some big features are planned like gang housing. As well as an overhaul of UI and how you interact with shops.

• Like 3

No wipes are planned. It's no longer a complete 100% remake, but a rather big overhaul/update. Map is being completely redone and some big features are planned like gang housing. As well as an overhaul of UI and how you interact with shops.

lovely

One thing I want to clear up is everyone thinks because we are using more objects your FPS will be worse then it is now. This shouldn't be the case as every object that we place is being spawned in client side instead of server side. Because of this change we are able to boost the objects in shops/towns/processors/etc. When you walk into a shop it should feel like you are in a store. 

• Like 1