Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Website Intergration for Market Prices

26 members have voted

1. 1. Add this feature?

• Yes pls :]
    • NO FEDOT GO AWAYS
    • D3V1L #1 (equals yes)
    • Why?

It would be Cool if there was like a Stock Market Page that should prices for each market and like a Global price that are synced on both servers. and IF HADES SAID YES TO MYBB YOU COULD EASILY MAKE A RON FOR EVERY 200 MINUTES TO UPDATE A CHILL GRAPH THAT SHOWS STATS.

id somone wants a more indepth please PM

• Like 2

ahh, so like a little thing that says the current market prices?

Yeah and sync the server prices and maybe add  like somthing called news where Staff can add current events that affect the market

Yeah and sync the server prices and maybe add  like somthing called news where Staff can add current events that affect the market

now if im not stupid, that would require so much work wed have to yell back zeus from the grave to help. i wont see this being a thing. if so, maybe a little shitter thing saying current market prices, but that itself would still require a FUCKTON work. and i dont really see the need for it. just stop being lazy and ask someone what the current price for whatever is atm, or go online and check urself...

And as Andrew said, it would only start problems. like who the fuck wants to sell 400 meth only to see the market drop from 20 mc on server 2 doing a methrun. NOONE would like that. keep the market as it is, and dont sync them as one for the love of god. if anything, make a thing with current marketprices that updates itself. not that its needed at all, but fedot seems to get a erection about it.

• Like 1

Marketplace prices can be saved to the DB from which they can be pulled after restart to keep same price going. Alternatively text file and such are another method. You can then pull information from there and display it on the website. No idea why you need MyBB forum for such a simple function...

now if im not stupid, that would require so much work wed have to yell back zeus from the grave to help. i wont see this being a thing. if so, maybe a little shitter thing saying current market prices, but that itself would still require a FUCKTON work. and i dont really see the need for it. just stop being lazy and ask someone what the current price for whatever is atm, or go online and check urself...

And as Andrew said, it would only start problems. like who the fuck wants to sell 400 meth only to see the market drop from 20 mc on server 2 doing a methrun. NOONE would like that. keep the market as it is, and dont sync them as one for the love of god. if anything, make a thing with current marketprices that updates itself. not that its needed at all, but fedot seems to get a erection about it.

I enjoy website stuff that is why PHP is my number one code of choice next to C

Marketplace prices can be saved to the DB from which they can be pulled after restart to keep same price going. Alternatively text file and such are another method. You can then pull information from there and display it on the website. No idea why you need MyBB forum for such a simple function...

MyBB is Love MyBB is life

Also it could update that somone sold adjust the price and send the price to each server

I enjoy website stuff that is why PHP is my number one code of choice next to C

all i got from that was "i enjoy website stuff"

ITS NOT NEEDED FEDOT, GO TO BED.

IT WILL ATTRACT NEW PEOPLE CUSTOM THINGS MEANS OLYMPUS STANDS OUT

Rather make something usefull... new people will not go to the forums to check out the fucking market before they try out the server... like wtf missy... 

Rather make something usefull... new people will not go to the forums to check out the fucking market before they try out the server... like wtf missy... 

New people use google to find this community.... they don't look through every server on the Steam Servers they google find the homepage and say hey look at this! That is why I want the website Updated I find that it is hard for people to navigate and get "Hooked"

I don't see the servers being sync'd together. This would kind of defeat the purpose of the dynamic market. As for pulling the current pricing on things that is something that could be done but isn't something that would be done anytime soon. As for having a graph showing past prices and whatnot I can't say. That would really depends if the Devs wanted to go in and add coding for it on the website itself.

So with that said...

No sync'n of prices

Possible adding of current price

No need of past pricing but is possible.

I don't see the servers being sync'd together. This would kind of defeat the purpose of the dynamic market. As for pulling the current pricing on things that is something that could be done but isn't something that would be done anytime soon. As for having a graph showing past prices and whatnot I can't say. That would really depends if the Devs wanted to go in and add coding for it on the website itself.

So with that said...

No sync'n of prices

Possible adding of current price

No need of past pricing but is possible.

If you need help hit me up i can walk you through php ;)

but hades MyBB = Bae;

New people use google to find this community.... they don't look through every server on the Steam Servers they google find the homepage and say hey look at this! That is why I want the website Updated I find that it is hard for people to navigate and get "Hooked"

most people just filter altis life or get to know of the server from friends... and if you google "altis life server good yes economy veri good yes" and find olympus, chances are you wont stress yar arse off looking for the market prices before you join the goddam server...

-snipperino420yolonoscope

but then we have to think about it, will it be worth it? im sure some people would like it, but holy shit what the hell it would be such a waste of time for a simple lazy solution...

If you need help hit me up i can walk you through php ;)

but hades MyBB = Bae;

MyBB translates to My Babe in my book, so i agree with Fetus, MyBB = Bae

most people just filter altis life or get to know of the server from friends... and if you google "altis life server good yes economy veri good yes" and find olympus, chances are you wont stress yar arse off looking for the market prices before you join the goddam server...

but then we have to think about it, will it be worth it? im sure some people would like it, but holy shit what the hell it would be such a waste of time for a simple lazy solution...

MyBB translates to My Babe in my book, so i agree with Fetus, MyBB = Bae

What is the point of invention if it does not make life easy. The Reason i found olympus was because Google and the reason i stayed on olympus was It's Unquie Features and Nice website design (The old one not the new one this one takes forever to load and is broken on mobile)

Also there can be more cool features that use SteamAPI

What is the point of invention if it does not make life easy. The Reason i found olympus was because Google and the reason i stayed on olympus was It's Unquie Features and Nice website design (The old one not the new one this one takes forever to load and is broken on mobile)

on mobile for me its perfectly fine (Iphone 4S) and as you said, unique features, the forums back then didnt even have anything unique, stats and info? that wasnt there. Live Streams? never heard off. chat? honestly dont remember... it might be cool, but its not needed at all, its literally like adding a big dick on the middle of the map just because its unique. its just a lazy solution. and as said, might be cool, but seriusly not needed. if this would happen, Poseidon had to be done with EVERYTHING. because if not, itl be a waste of time.

Lol, the grumpy cat picture fits Hades so well XD

Hades, can we have this? NO

What about this? NO

How about this? Maybe, but probably NO

In all seriousness though Hades has probably had a thousand requests sense Olympus has been a community. He weighs out the pros of cons of each idea and a lot of times the cons out weigh the pros.

I'm more focused on getting ready to transition to IPB 4.0, not add new features to the existing site that would be obsolete.

WI2nesR.jpg

That's pretty sexy hit me up with more screenshots but still MyBB

That's pretty sexy hit me up with more screenshots but still MyBB

More random screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/m9HK4

We will likely have multiple themes that user can choose from in case they don't quite like the default one. And I don't mean just changing color, i mean a completely different theme would be available. Maybe. We'll see :P