Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Walt Community Manager

say this all you want, hes done so much to get to that point and it doesnt exactly take less then a month for great things to start happening. patience is key, i trust walt to help this community even tho its only dead aspect atm is conquest.

• Like 8

The reason they gave him community manager in the first place was because of how much he was doing and cared about the community. Walt is doing everything in his power to make this community better and more fun for everyone. Great suggestion though “do something fun” is game changing. Maybe you should be community manager.

• Like 4

Give the guy sometime, you’d be the same person asking why the President hasn't cured every issue from their campaign platform in the first year of their presidency when in reality they aren’t the sole decision maker. Just because he is the community manager that doesn’t mean things don’t need to be approved by senior staff or through round tables. 

• Like 5
  • +1 1
12 minutes ago, Fearless 😉 said:

What have you done for the community?

Coached countless new players on how to play the game all the way from runs to getting them into whitelisted roles. If you want to know what I don’t do it’s run a toxic gang that shits on everyone in every aspect watching all its members get slowly get banned one by one.

• Clown 1
  • tinhead 2
  • Admin

I’m sure this is unserious and just trolling but just in case you aren’t;

The process to implement and represent a faction (civs included)  is and never has been black and white. Any former Chief, director, civ council and staff can tell you that in order to get something you want implemented, you have to go through the channels and have it approved. Getting something approved also involves having to get it generally agreed upon amongst many people in a channel who all have very strong minded opinions that can influence the narrative of the idea either way. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Chief, civ council, and director ideas rejected. 

It’s Walt’s job to represent the community and that takes time. He implemented the feedback form and it’ll take time to review everyone’s ideas, look for trends of common issues amongst the community, and then to hash out with senior staff how to address those issues. Then there’s the actual idea of implementing it because it could be a development thing that’ll take time to show. 

TLDR;

he just got it, give him like 6 months before starting to question him. He has to get shit approved and has shown initiative right out of the gate. Be patient. 

• Like 2

Its really funny that you think anyone would take the opinion of some kav shitter that kills new players for enjoyment. You might actually have fun on the server if you left kavala instead of complaining on the forms about something so stupid and false. If you need proof that Walt is already a great community manager then look at all the downvotes you now have. The fact that majority of the community already likes him makes him a good community manager. Give him time, he just got the promotion. 

3 hours ago, Rapture said:

Coached countless new players on how to play the game all the way from runs to getting them into whitelisted roles. If you want to know what I don’t do it’s run a toxic gang that shits on everyone in every aspect watching all its members get slowly get banned one by one.

UR A FAT RETARD none fuck with u

36 minutes ago, ZimZim said:

@ The Sovereign Can you please add Rapture to your retarded team because of this post. Thanks

I have literally never talked to Rapture outside of like 2 posts.... and I pray to jehovah i never have to. 

I think it's important to note that what a Community Manager is was never quite defined.  Most of what people think of mako as having done was largely done as an admin/sr. dev type shit.  Walt is not a dev.  Walt is not an admin.  Walt is still a mod.  He's taking on the role on a level of community engagement.  He's not going to be making drastic server changing decisions.  He is the perfect man for the job.  

Also, finally, Rapture is under the influence of the Kavalite Agenda.  Basically the Kavala clique hates Walt, and simps on house.  It started when skateezy started with all that 'walt is just mako rebranded' nonsense.  They have like 15 retards running around repeating it like a mantra.  Then when house got permed, anyone who opposed house was added to their hate list including rexo and myself.  

It's a bunch of retards who can't think for themselves and just want to be part of something so they repeat nonsense not realizing how retarded it makes them look.  Also very thirsty and all House had to do was claim her bf was her ex bf and half of them thought they were about to get laid if they fought on her side.  It was soooo cringey and gross to witness.  Skateezy, metroboomin, rapture..  ich.  

4 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

I have literally never talked to Rapture outside of like 2 posts.... and I pray to jehovah i never have to. 

I think it's important to note that what a Community Manager is was never quite defined.  Most of what people think of mako as having done was largely done as an admin/sr. dev type shit.  Walt is not a dev.  Walt is not an admin.  Walt is still a mod.  He's taking on the role on a level of community engagement.  He's not going to be making drastic server changing decisions.  He is the perfect man for the job.  

Walt is an Admin

4 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Also, finally, Rapture is under the influence of the Kavalite Agenda.  Basically the Kavala clique hates Walt, and simps on house.  It started when skateezy started with all that 'walt is just mako rebranded' nonsense.  They have like 15 retards running around repeating it like a mantra.  Then when house got permed, anyone who opposed house was added to their hate list including rexo and myself.  

It's a bunch of retards who can't think for themselves and just want to be part of something so they repeat nonsense not realizing how retarded it makes them look.  Also very thirsty and all House had to do was claim her bf was her ex bf and half of them thought they were about to get laid if they fought on her side.  It was soooo cringey and gross to witness.  Skateezy, metroboomin, rapture..  ich.  

As a representative of the kav group I’d prove this to be false me and Walt are fine the real issue is why  theheronoob is a mod

• Senior Developer
8 hours ago, Dante said:

he just got it, give him like 6 months before starting to question him. He has to get shit approved and has shown initiative right out of the gate. Be patient. 

Plus, various parts of dev staff have had to focus elsewhere recently. It's really been a relay race with some of us where we're barely tagging each other in. Hard to get shit done from their position when breaks happen.

(Shoutout to those of you who haven't been on the away-wagon yet. You know who you are if you keepin' it rollin)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

For the love of God bro. LEAVE ME ALONE. I never claimed Mike to be my ex. tf.. idk where you’re getting your info from but tell them mfs they are VERY wrong. 

4 hours ago, Mark Sloan said:

For the love of God bro. LEAVE ME ALONE. I never claimed Mike to be my ex. tf.. idk where you’re getting your info from but tell them mfs they are VERY wrong. 

You dead ass told big john he was your ex boyfriend to get him to white knight for you.  That was part of big johns whole story of what happened.  You lied to him, and others, to manipulate them into doing your bidding convincing them they had a chance with you.  Idgaf about your little simp creation scheme.  It doesn't concern me until you turn your simps on me and use them to lie about my friends in disgusting ways.