Olympus Is "Balanced"

I gotta be honest, I've never really understood this mentality.  You can always just, not do a fed, or not do anything illegal... and then they have nothing to do until the numbers go down and they log or change factions.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
58 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

I gotta be honest, I've never really understood this mentality.  You can always just, not do a fed, or not do anything illegal... and then they have nothing to do until the numbers go down and they log or change factions.  

^^^^

That cop to civ ratio isn't even that bad anyway, literally just get them to chase you into a redzone, fend off a wave or two, call it a day and skrrrrrt away like everyone else.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Element_ said:

^^^^

That cop to civ ratio isn't even that bad anyway, literally just get them to chase you into a redzone, fend off a wave or two, call it a day and skrrrrrt away like everyone else.

Easier said than done for groups with less people. Especially when the cops are 6 deep in an orca.

• Like 3

It's fun though tbh.  The endless waves.  Nothings better than when youre bored grabbing 100k kit and ratting everything the cop zerg is doing.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, The Sovereign said:

yea cause thats so much fun lmao

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Racco said:

yea cause thats so much fun lmao

It's like.. there's adaptive civ countermeasures.  That many cops stay on for like a half hour at most if they have nothing to do.  The same exact way that civs start feds with 10 people when there's 5 cops on.  It's just a matter of choosing your timing tbh.

Restricting and doing too much to 'balance' the apd numbers is ultimately going to lead to less cops getting on, and less opportunities to do feds.  Just gotta respect both sides abilities to play the numbers game or you risk not having the people to do feds at all.  

So your screen shot, shows 88 civ's and 18 cops if you do that math thats 4 civs per cop. Now you also have to imagine 90% of those civs are wearing armor and helmets (which jrApd cant) and are limited to 6.5mm and below. Most of the time im on (which you can check my stats) theres rarely more than 10 cops on at any given time.  Now you divide those small number of cops into groups of 4-6 roughly, and honestly its not that op.

Cpl + can aerial search redzones while PO's can only drive

• Sad 1
  • Clown 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

when ur not doing any of the things listed above what are u doing on the server?

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, knifemaster said:

Now you also have to imagine 90% of those civs are wearing armor and helmets

90% is pushing it. Massive uptick in roleplayers recently. And alot of new players as well it seems. About 20% of the players online could actually stand a chance at killing 2-3 cops skill wise. 

• Like 8
13 hours ago, knifemaster said:

So your screen shot, shows 88 civ's and 18 cops if you do that math thats 4 civs per cop. Now you also have to imagine 90% of those civs are wearing armor and helmets (which jrApd cant) and are limited to 6.5mm and below. Most of the time im on (which you can check my stats) theres rarely more than 10 cops on at any given time.  Now you divide those small number of cops into groups of 4-6 roughly, and honestly its not that op.

Cpl + can aerial search redzones while PO's can only drive

Stupid take because the largest group of civs together is like 10. Why are people complaining a gang of 18 is shitting on them

Edited by buckie
13 hours ago, I bought olympus for 50k said:

90% is pushing it. Massive uptick in roleplayers recently. And alot of new players as well it seems. About 20% of the players online could actually stand a chance at killing 2-3 cops skill wise. 

thats honestly kinda fair, i have noticed some serious rp 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 8:24 PM, The Sovereign said:

stupidest thing ive ever heard

• +1 1

IMO the main problem with the APD is that there are 36 retired chiefs, 23 retired sAPD, and 13 staff sergeants (72 in total), all of whom have rebel-level gear, ghawks (not staff serg), hunters/striders, and infinite lives.  I understand wanting to reward ex-chiefs, ex-sAPD, and staff members but there is a level where the amount of them and what they have is a little ridiculous.

• Like 1