Cartels for the new map.

Cartels for the new map.  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What does the community think about the cartels and what should become of them?

• Keep Cartels as they are. 6 of them.
    • Reduce the amount to 2 or 3 - Drug/arms/something else?
    • Remove them completely.

I want to hear the communities opinion on cartels. Whether you like them how they are/want them changed/ or just want them removed.

In my opinion, 6 cartels is just way too many. It really takes away from the game having to cap 6 cartels because big gangs just sit there capping all day leaving few civs left for cops to engage with or other civs to fight with/engage with who aren't in a big gang. I believe that this server thrived when there weren't cartels and i think there is a reason for that. IDK its just my opinion but i want to hear everyone else comment on it.

• Like 1

Obviously war zone will be removed altogether which is a good thing. I still don't like the idea of cartels because the bigger gangs will just fight there all reset and the smaller drug runners will get screwed over by the cops who are looking for any morsel of crime to fight. Either remove the fuckers altogether or let the APD go in to the remaining cartels to neutralize. Rebel raid guidelines should apply in this case. 

• Like 4

Thing is, where would they put the cartels? I am open to suggestions, but from what it seems to me is that some of the stuff is kinda clustered already. Maybe near the middle of the map but not sure they should all go in one region. When people are trying to do a simple platinum run, iron run, weed run, etc, there is a decent chance if someone else is doing an illegal run/scouting illegal areas with a heli that has full benches that they will come fly by the non illegal areas and, if they see someone there, they might rob them.

On 11/21/2015, 2:43:34, Fat Clemenza said:

Obviously war zone will be removed altogether which is a good thing. I still don't like the idea of cartels because the bigger gangs will just fight there all reset and the smaller drug runners will get screwed over by the cops who are looking for any morsel of crime to fight. Either remove the fuckers altogether or let the APD go in to the remaining cartels to neutralize. Rebel raid guidelines should apply in this case. 

I don't think APD should be able to neutralize them because then it creates the same problem for APD, and then we will end up spending time just to neutralize them for the sake of neutralizing them. I DO agree that we should be able to raid them based on rebel raid guidelines, though. It's silly that civs would be outside of the reach from the Altis Police Department, in places that are in Altis. 

16 hours ago, Bobey said:

I'm on Clemenza's side for this.  Ever since I came back I have fought next to no big gangs, I'd say maybe 4-5, most being large Fed Robs.  I would love to see more big gang action on the main island of Altis.

Quoted Bobey for truth.

Keep cartels, the same. i love them. but there is a problem. there are not enough big gangs, there is MC NW *R*, Tree a little bit. but I know Nw and R are not  the most active gangs. and all these gangs really  do is rob. cartels are only contested by small gangs, that u cant take in one swift blow. + smaller gangs and know names cant get any money because of all the big gangs robbing them. I'm guilty of that. Long story short, make the cartels a place where gangs fight again, its lost its fun basically.

15 minutes ago, Wftmguy said:

plus, if we change the cartels to option 2, it will be a bit like asylum. so if that happens, i might was well play asylum .

no you won't. the community here is better. we are family 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
On 11/21/2015, 12:43:34, Fat Clemenza said:

no meta but Nw, is looking into some sort of protection plan for newer players to give out more rp and establish a on going trading system between smaller gangs and groups and the larger gangs. 

• Admin

I think Babooshka's idea is right on point.  3 cartels is all we need.  Give the little guys a chance at a complete payoff.  Moonshine,meth and mushrooms are the highest paying drugs on Olympus so it would make perfect sense. Although for "reality" sake, having cartels of all the illegal drugs makes sense also. But I think what should be done is what benefits the community the most.